X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

GAS attack!

It's all about the blues-rock chatter.

Originally posted by RD
    ...so now I have this massive empty house with my Harley, Guns, Guitar and nothing else...

Comment

I wonder what theses alumiloid inlays look like in person... because in those pictures they look like crap imo.

The KVMGQ does look awesome though...

Comment

Originally posted by xenophobe View Post
        That's not a bad thing, that's a good thing. It'll keep necks more stable in the long run as well as keep them more stable from temperature and humidity changes. It's especially good if you live in a region where you go through 0 degree winters and 100 degree summers.
        Didn't Carvin try this and eevryone stopped buying because (I've heard) it made them "tone dead"?

Comment

I love the new Pro series.
          It would have been nice to see a reverse headstock model for the Dinky. The Soloist with a reverse headstock model would have been a shopping spree to help retire a couple of my older pieces. I would be all over a new maple Dinky reverse to add to the stable though.
          I give them an 8.5 for efforts to improve on, and update the line up.
          Floyds= Awesome
          Maple= Awesome
          Piranha inlays on Import Soloist= About time
          No Piranha inlays on the Dinky= Scratching my head...Offset Dots....WTF? Especially with an X series Dinky that has Sharkies. But we are at least making progress.
          The EMG and Seymour Duncan Pickups= Why not a Dimarzio offering to?
          No pickup Rings= Cool for both sides of the debate. Add them if you like them. If you don't? You don't have ugly screw holes to fill now.

Can't wait to see what is next. An XTRR with reverse head? Jackson Stars had a couple (with and with out Floyd), why not us. What will the Warrior be like? Will we see a Broderick Pro? A Kellybird guitar? Reverse Kellybird? With the raised center block would rule.
          The future looks wide open to me. Maybe a bit too optimistic? I am wired that way.
          I will give this to FMIC as a score.
          An eye for an eye makes the whole world blind.
          A tooth for a tooth means we all eat through a straw.

Comment

Carvin used to use graphite rods in their necks, but I'm not sure why they stopped. My 2002 SC90 sure doesn't sound tone dead. I also had a DC400 and DC120 12-string with them, and they both sounded fine.
            I believe Jackson has also done this on a few models, like the Mark Morton Dominion (at least I remember reading something from Jackson stating that).
            I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Originally posted by holycross1 View Post
              Can't wait to see what is next. An XTRR with reverse head? Jackson Stars had a couple (with and with out Floyd), why not us.
              Huh? There already was a production XTRR back in 2000, and it had a reverse head with reverse sharks, 22 frets, Floyd, rear-routed control cavity with one volume and pickup selector.
              http://audiozone.dk/guitargallery/?c...2000Page03.jpg
              I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Originally posted by holycross1 View Post
                What will the Warrior be like? Will we see a Broderick Pro? A Kellybird guitar? Reverse Kellybird? With the raised center block would rule.
                The future looks wide open to me. Maybe a bit too optimistic? I am wired that way.
                I will give this to FMIC as a score.
                I like your optimism, but if they need to make a Warrior or/and a Kelly, I hope they do them without the EMGs for the sake of variety, also I'd love to see them built in one pick-up configuration, as they would look really sick!
                A Broderick 7 string Pro model sounds sick as well.

Originally posted by toejam View Post
                Carvin used to use graphite rods in their necks, but I'm not sure why they stopped. My 2002 SC90 sure doesn't sound tone dead. I also had a DC400 and DC120 12-string with them, and they both sounded fine.
                I believe Jackson has also done this on a few models, like the Mark Morton Dominion (at least I remember reading something from Jackson stating that).
                Yup, the latest SLAT models all have the graphite reinforcement feature...
                -Metal wouldn't be the same without Pointy guitars-

Comment

The SL2 pro and the RRMG looks nice!

Comment

they are quite nice, and while they may not appeal to everyone at least jackson is making MORE of an effort now. you have to try things to see how they work, you know? personally, i like features on a variety of models, but sadly not one model has the features collectively. so, as a consumer, i can buy one that is close enough or wait until jackson DOES release something that fits my needs. i still give them a thumbs up for getting some new stuff out here!
                    GEAR:

some guitars...WITH STRINGS!!!! most of them have those sticks like on guitar hero....AWESOME!!!!

some amps...they have some glowing bottle like things in them...i think my amps do that modelling thing....COOL, huh?!?!?!

and finally....

i have those little plastic "chips" used to hit the strings...WHOA!!!!

Comment

Other than the fact that I really dislike EMGs, I think these look pretty cool. The single volume and tone is great.

And if the inlays are similar to the ones they used on the Elites, then they definitely don't look as bad as the ones in the pictures here.

Comment

The EVH Wolfgangs also have graphite rods in the neck. I thought that was because of the Birdseye Maple being somewhat unstable.

Comment

Look nice

May want to remind Jackson that my neck-thru Made in Korea BCR Warlock was never sold higher than €799
                          "There's nothing taking away from the pure masculinity I possess"

-"You like Anime"

"....crap!"

Comment

Please make some lefties

Comment

I think they rock!
                              This company has seen a lot of action in the last year, and i just love it.
                              You can come back to your regular complaining now...
                              Facebook - Youtube

Comment

I'm having real GAS!!

I hope the Warrior doesn't get the X's reversed headstock.

I wonder if all models neck thru have oil-unpainted necks.

Comment

Working...
                                X