MZ Liquidates Grover Legacies

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by MarkThomas View Post
    LOL. I own 3 USA Pro-Mods and the Floyds are great, maybe not up to German standards, but don't have one to compare. I love my Pro Mods, awesome guitars and a real value if you ask me!
    Had an OFR on my EVH Art Series that wasn't as good as the Korean ones I've had on the 4 or 5 ProMods I've owned.

Comment

Originally posted by J_A / 540s View Post
      yep !!!
      I want one too for under a grand,old school floyd posts or not
      Addicted to that Rush..

Comment

If the star had a floyd, I'd buy one. TMZ should just retrofit floyds onto all the guitars and call it a day.
        Last edited by The Rossness; 02-12-2011, 08:31 AM.

Comment

heh...they got ridiculous money for that vinnie vincent rhoads with the old school floyd screw in posts...(which was a COOL fucking guitar) ...I wonder if that drove the thought process for trying it out on this run?
          I live on the edge of danger facing life and death every single day.....then I leave her at home and go disarm bombs.

Comment

Originally posted by bombtek View Post
            heh...they got ridiculous money for that vinnie vincent rhoads with the old school floyd screw in posts...(which was a COOL fucking guitar) ...I wonder if that drove the thought process for trying it out on this run?
            I think it was more a case of the "Gibson Thought Process"...the closer you can get the specs to 1959, well the better it must be! Never mind the fact that the guys who buy these guitars actually play them.

Comment

Originally posted by SATCH1967 View Post
              I seen the retro looking old style floyd posts with the Flat head screw driver slot that are the threaded inserts, I have them on one of my guitars. so it is the best of both worlds there, you get the retro look with modern function, maybe they will use those?

I have a black and red splatter legacy and it rocks, yes it is a vtrem 1h. I love the feel of the neck, it plays awesome and feels awesome, if I had the extra $$$ I would buy a couple more.

The hex head posts are way easier to use and dont get all marred and scratched up like the slotted ones.

If the price were super right on these, retrofitting them with threaded inserts would be easy to do. just takes a drill press and some patience. but the price would have to be really low to justify it.
              "clean sounds are for pussies" - Axewielder

Comment

Originally posted by bombtek View Post
                I'm one of the meatheads that bought one.. I just never mention theres a VV connection
                http://www.reverbnation.com/#/themightypragmatics

Comment

Originally posted by Gibsonmac View Post
                  UGLY, terrible specs... who the hell wants to pay 500 over a usa promod to lose a fret and get flatsawn maple, and a vtrem
                  Me. I voted with my wallet and grabbed one of the last two spiral checkerboard stars. Frankly, I like the specs and the vtrems. These are a great value for $1500 IMO. 21 fret necks are fine with me... I have other guitars with 22 and 24 frets if I need it. Killer deal for that price...

Still ordering a new Custom Shop if they'll re-create the guitar I owned in '85...

Steve
                  Last edited by sah5150; 02-14-2011, 01:44 AM.
                  Henning Amplification Website - http://www.henningamps.com
                  My Music Page (Mojave PeaceMaker, Axe-FX, Mesa MKIV and PODXT Pro Clips)

Comment

BTW - prices for all those guitars are now at $1749 on eBay and the TMZ site.... looks like it was just a "limited time offer", although I'm sure that a call to TMZ would get you the $1499...

Steve
                    Last edited by sah5150; 02-14-2011, 08:43 PM.

Comment

I owned a blood splatter many years ago. It isn't really my style anymore. I actually prefer V-trems (I have lots of floyds already), but I also prefer 2H. Seems like these kind of missed the mark for many people in all directions.

Comment

Originally posted by Stinkbug View Post
                        I owned a blood splatter many years ago. It isn't really my style anymore. I actually prefer V-trems (I have lots of floyds already), but I also prefer 2H. Seems like these kind of missed the mark for many people in all directions.
                        As far as the Blood Splatters go, yeah, you either love them or hate them and there doesn't appear to be the market they expected for them. Like you, I have plenty of Floyds and still like the vtrems a lot. You can get them to stay in tune with a few minor tricks. I think one of the issues with these guitars is the 1 3/4" nut width and relatively flat back profile. Some people find those uncomfortable - I have big hands so I don't mind, but I do prefer the TMZ Pre Pros they did that have 1 3/4" nut width, but a relatively full back profile - I just think they are more comfortable.

I still say the two hum stars were a deal for $1500 if you like those necks. Hell, that spiral checkerboard paint job will cost you $800+ alone... I can understand if some don't like that graphic, but if you do, these are defintely worth the premium over a Pro Mod IMO...

Steve

Comment

Originally posted by sah5150 View Post
                          Like you, I have plenty of Floyds and still like the vtrems a lot. You can get them to stay in tune with a few minor tricks.
                          5 springs and throw the bar away? :think:

No, seriously. The 21 frets is a deal-breaker for me, but I could hack the v-trem and I even kind of like the blood drip. I just can't have a guitar where I can't meedly-mee around up in the dog-hearing range, and I need that fret. :dunno:

Comment

This guy didn't get the memo, either.

http://cgi.ebay.com/Charvel-Custom-S...item53e65277ca

Comment

even before TMZ price dump, his price would be insane. So now...
                              Jackson SLAT-QH CSB
                              Charvel SD Warren DeMartini Crossed Swords
                              Jackson SL-2H LS

Comment

Originally posted by tonemonster View Post
                                BUWAAAHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! shit.... those v trems are WAY overpriced at 1500. the floyd ones are worth about $1000 just like grand turk said. I dont care what you say, they are just plain guitars. no binding, no sharks, no pearl inlays, no tone control..... just blagh...... not worth 3K by a long shot. not even at 1500.
                                Most of the time, if it is built in the custom shop, you are paying for their time..materials are pretty insignificant in the final cost....

Comment

Working...
                                X