No announcement yet.

MZ Liquidates Grover Legacies

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

blah blah blah, you lost me after you said the Pro Mods were not a good value. Yeah right....

Is there a dope smoking smiley?

Comment

old style floyd posts are bad news, period. I know some people disagree, and thats fine, more for them. there is a reason they switched to using threaded inserts.
      "clean sounds are for pussies" - Axewielder

Comment

Originally posted by MakeAJazzNoiseHere View Post
        And those "black series" guitars are neat, for $1700. Oh my bad, $2200? Good luck with that.
        Wow! Didn't realize they went up in price that much. That's crazy! Even @ $1700, I think it would be too high. It's just a flat black finish. Charvel made a flat black San Dimas production model. You can get for under $1k, used. I was lucky enough to pick up (from the first TMZ series) used on ebay for about the same as the production version.

Comment

Yeah, I had one of the flat black ones, too. I ended up parting it out and used the neck for my gloss black Style 1 body. Ultimately I looked at it and felt like "Why isn't this shiny?"

It takes a certain amount of balls to try and sell a flat black guitar with two pickups and a Floyd for well over $2G's. Is it cool because it's flat black, and so it's worth a lot? Or is is cheesy because it's not even a gloss finish? After all, it's a "limited edition" of however many they can possibly sell, so you can bet all the cool kids will have one... Just as long as the cool kids think they are cool. :think:

As of right now that price makes the Natural look like a bargain, if you can get it painted any color you want ("Except flat black" - to misquote Henry Ford) for $400, which... You can. :dunno:

Comment

Originally posted by jmsaxon69 View Post
            blah blah blah, you lost me after you said the Pro Mods were not a good value. Yeah right....

Is there a dope smoking smiley?
            LOL. I own 3 USA Pro-Mods and the Floyds are great, maybe not up to German standards, but don't have one to compare. I love my Pro Mods, awesome guitars and a real value if you ask me!

Comment

I think the Korean Floyd on the Pro Mods is a really good tremolo, if not THE BEST licensed tremolo barring the Schaller.

Comment

Schallers frickin rule. I think the schallers are even better than the OFRs some times.

Comment

Boooooooo Schaller licensed trems. They look funny.
                  -------------------------
                  Blank yo!

Comment

Originally posted by Grandturk View Post
                    Boooooooo Schaller licensed trems. They look funny.
                    not as funny as you look.

Comment

UGLY, terrible specs... who the hell wants to pay 500 over a usa promod to lose a fret and get flatsawn maple, and a vtrem
                      Last edited by Gibsonmac; 02-11-2011, 08:16 AM.
                      Wish I could add Pics to this thing!!

Comment

It's an easy job if you have a kick-ass drill press.

Comment

i don't know...if they did come down to $999 i'd be tempted, even with a v-trem. i'd just tighten it down and pretend it is a hardtail. a blood-splatter would make a great drop tuned guitar in my band...hmmmm, it's got me thinking!!
                          GEAR:

some guitars...WITH STRINGS!!!! most of them have those sticks like on guitar hero....AWESOME!!!!

some amps...they have some glowing bottle like things in them...i think my amps do that modelling thing....COOL, huh?!?!?!

and finally....

i have those little plastic "chips" used to hit the strings...WHOA!!!!

Comment

I seen the retro looking old style floyd posts with the Flat head screw driver slot that are the threaded inserts, I have them on one of my guitars. so it is the best of both worlds there, you get the retro look with modern function, maybe they will use those?

I have a black and red splatter legacy and it rocks, yes it is a vtrem 1h. I love the feel of the neck, it plays awesome and feels awesome, if I had the extra $$$ I would buy a couple more.

Comment

Like I said, I kinda like some of the splatters, and V trem 1 Hum 21 Frets don't bother me - but brother, when you see a whole lot of cars on the lot, and no other customers looking around , you don't want to be the one paying sticker price.

I'll wait for the next liquidation - because I don't see people jumping on these at $1,499.
                              -------------------------
                              Blank yo!

Comment

Originally posted by SATCH1967 View Post
                                I seen the retro looking old style floyd posts with the Flat head screw driver slot that are the threaded inserts, I have them on one of my guitars. so it is the best of both worlds there, you get the retro look with modern function, maybe they will use those?
                                No, they're directly in the wood on these. I asked someone selling one on ebay not long ago, and I also asked a dealer.
                                I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Working...
                                X