No announcement yet.

MZ Liquidates Grover Legacies

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

actually it will be interesting to see what it takes to move that pile of white elephants. I am betting Grand turk is right about howard johnson's being right, and they need to dump the price to $999 to get any action on them.
    "clean sounds are for pussies" - Axewielder

Comment

As much as i like the finishes and the whole idea behind the Legacy series, there really is no logical reason to pay a $1k+ for what is essentially just a San Dimas with one pickup, a shitty v-trem and a little paint thrown at it.
      It's all about the blues-rock chatter.

Originally posted by RD
      ...so now I have this massive empty house with my Harley, Guns, Guitar and nothing else...

Comment

21 frets + vintage trem = very tough sell. Even at bargain basement pricing.

Comment

21 frets + vintage trem combined with a 'heavy metal' paintjob = very very tough sell I gotta say I expect to see these way cheaper. Either that or FMIC will take them back...
          Popular is not the same as good
          Rare is not the same as valuable
          Worth is what someone will pay, not what you want to get

Comment

Originally posted by neilli View Post
            Either that or FMIC will take them back...
            any precedent for that? Put them in the vault and bring them back out 20 years from now like Disney?
            -------------------------
            Blank yo!

Comment

Come on guys, doesn't the neck plate say "Grover Jackson" on it? But seriously, these would have been better with just a solid finish... and 22 frets.
              Breaking Point, my all instrumental CD available here:
              www.cdbaby.com/cd/richardjamessounds

http://www.amazon.com/Breaking-Point...92366&sr=301-1

http://youtube.com/user/jsrmusic

Comment

Originally posted by Grandturk View Post
                any precedent for that? Put them in the vault and bring them back out 20 years from now like Disney?
                Not that I know of BUT as I understand it, they did pull the 'tourmented' guitars out of the warehouse to give them the Floyd and relicing treatment when they weren't selling. I wouldn't be surprised if TMZ could return them to FMIC as unsellable. Either that or FMIC could drop pricing again like they've already done to get them down from the initial (high) pricing..
                Popular is not the same as good
                Rare is not the same as valuable
                Worth is what someone will pay, not what you want to get

Comment

Ugly is ugly, no mater who made them ugly.

Comment

There's actually a couple I think look ok. But none of them really get me going.
                    Blank yo!

Comment

Originally posted by neilli View Post
                      21 frets + vintage trem combined with a 'heavy metal' paintjob = very very tough sell I gotta say I expect to see these way cheaper. Either that or FMIC will take them back...
                      I dont think FMIC will take them back. thats not how it goes. the dealer bought them, and they own them. its up to them to sell them. Factories dont take stock back just because a dealer got excited and got overzealous with their orders and ordered way they hell too many guitars. there aint no going back.
                      "clean sounds are for pussies" - Axewielder

Comment

Next stop - reliablefender
                        Blank yo!

Comment

Originally posted by tonemonster View Post
                          I dont think FMIC will take them back. thats not how it goes. the dealer bought them, and they own them. its up to them to sell them. Factories dont take stock back just because a dealer got excited and got overzealous with their orders and ordered way they hell too many guitars. there aint no going back.
                          It is possible to return stock back to the vendor. Ive seen it happen
                          This space for rent

Comment

Call me crazy, but I may just pull the trigger on one.

Comment

Originally posted by fullmetalguitar View Post
                              Come on guys, doesn't the neck plate say "Grover Jackson" on it? But seriously, these would have been better with just a solid finish... and 22 frets.
                              I totally agree on that!
                              Jackson SLAT-QH CSB
                              Charvel SD Warren DeMartini Crossed Swords
                              Jackson SL-2H LS

Comment

Originally posted by Green Pro Am View Post
                                Call me crazy, but I may just pull the trigger on one.
                                If they pulled out the wood screw Floyd posts and put in the newer inserts for them, I'd probably pull the trigger on one, too. I do like the splatter.
                                I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Working...
                                X