No announcement yet.

MZ Liquidates Grover Legacies

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

So here's what I trhink they should do: send them back to the factory, strip the hideous finish, rout them for a neck single or hb, re-paint them in basic solid colors and sell them for 999 max.

Comment

Could they put the missing fret on? :think:

Yeah, these were overpriced wide-nutted flat-sawed v-trem'ed "retro" guitars and I can't believe what they were trying to sell them for to begin with. If they had modern Charvel appointments and the retro paint and Grover plate they MIGHT have sold for $1500 - $2000 while the iron was hot.

And those "black series" guitars are neat, for $1700. Oh my bad, $2200? Good luck with that.

Comment

Originally posted by tgreensl1 View Post
        It is possible to return stock back to the vendor. Ive seen it happen
        maybe for bic shavers or doritos, but I dont think you will see it with a whole bunch of ugly high priced guitars. what the hell is FMIC goign to do with them? sell them as firewood? I know some items can be returned to the factory, but I dont think custom built guitars are one of them, especially because they wont sell.
        "clean sounds are for pussies" - Axewielder

Comment

I don't think Carr got the memo on this.

http://cgi.ebay.com/JACKSON-LEGACY-B...item1c193e7260

Comment

Originally posted by tonemonster View Post
            maybe for bic shavers or doritos, but I dont think you will see it with a whole bunch of ugly high priced guitars. what the hell is FMIC goign to do with them? sell them as firewood? I know some items can be returned to the factory, but I dont think custom built guitars are one of them, especially because they wont sell.
            Not sure about these customs, but some of the '87 Charvel one-hum Model 5A got sent back to the factory and got added neck single coils and toggle switch, some even got tone controls.
            I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Originally posted by Grandturk View Post
              See you at $999
              yep !!!
              http://www.reverbnation.com/#/themightypragmatics

Comment

Those blood splatters are SO boring.. They do nothing for me at any price..
                John 3:16

Comment

Originally posted by Axewielder View Post

This one got blue splashed paint instead of red : that's a collector that deserves an outrageous price !
                  Jackson SLAT-QH CSB
                  Charvel SD Warren DeMartini Crossed Swords
                  Jackson SL-2H LS

Comment

in regards to returning the guitars, that is all dependant on what it says
                    on the invoice to TMZ in the small print. If they are returnable, i;m sure there is a restocking fee to pay.
                    Not helping the situation since 1965!

Comment

Originally posted by Axewielder View Post

But that's a Smurf Murder limited edition. Gotta be worth more.

Comment

Originally posted by toejam View Post
                        If they pulled out the wood screw Floyd posts and put in the newer inserts for them, I'd probably pull the trigger on one, too. I do like the splatter.
                        Just curious... what do ya have against the old style screws?

Comment

They have a tendency to lean forward over time. I also prefer top-mounted locking nuts rather than through the back of the neck, but I could deal with that.
                          I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Originally posted by toejam View Post
                            They have a tendency to lean forward over time.
                            Yeah I had a guitar that was stricken with that. It blows. They really are going to fatigue the body's wood if you adjust them a lot. Also, I'll take hex key adjustments over those slots any day.

Comment

Ive never had that problem unless the hole was drilled to deep. I admit the inserts are a lot easier to work with but I actually prefer the screws right into the body.. but im sometimes nostalgic for no practical reason

Comment

Yep, FMIC has done it all, bought both Charvel and Jackson and ratcheted up the prices for everything. The maybe-cool looking San Dimas Style 1s and 2s are hardly what I'd call money for value, considering that the Floyds on them are Korean, not Schaller German. And that's at $999 in the USA, with no case. Jackson CS prices are now astronomical, don't see how they can compete with the likes of Carvin, really. Not saying that all's bad, they've retained a few jems such as the DK2 Sustainer and PC1, but everything else seems rather soulless, even the good ol' soloist. Maybe it's just me being in love with my lovely 1990 Jackson Professional PC Archtop and the 1990 Jackson Professional Soloist in Ferrari Red, but I'm missing the pizzaz of the daring colours and even more daring hardware such as Floyds and Kahlers, and not some turdy v-trems. On a little note, I can't necessarily praise JT580LP (replaced that with an OFR Pro on my Sustainer), but the JT590 (aka the Schaller Floyd) kicks serious, even OFR, ass. I do, nevertheless, miss Jackson Professional from the 90s - best guitars since the San Dimas forefathers and the Charvel Model cousins, and this time at reasonable prices, but with a Jackson logo.
                                I concur with all those bashing the old fashioned wood screws, any luthier will tell you that the hex anchors rock. Period.
                                Rant over, I'm off to bed!
                                "Hey man, it's better to be dead and cool, than alive and uncool!"

My Jacksons/Charvels:
                                '91 Jackson® (MIJ) Professional Limited Edition Phil Collen Sig Archtop in Black
                                '91 Jackson® USA Kelly KE-1F (FLOYD!)
                                '89 Jackson® USA Phil Collen Archtop in White (KAHLER!)
                                '88 Jackson® USA Granite Strat

Comment

Working...
                                X