Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'll have to say Bang Tango kicked ass live and played import Charvels too.
    Thumbs up to Rob Marcello taking over in Danger Danger he kicks ass too, a well versed player and a hell of a nice guy.
    Savatage was killer live, played import Charvies as well.
    Armored Saint ruled the mid 80's
    Really? well screw Mark Twain.

Comment

Originally posted by Ralph E. View Post
      Firehouse rocks, and Leverty is a great player.

firehouse are awesome. even if he does have a very girly voice, but they are awesome, and leverty has written some great riffs....,lover's lane, reach for the sky, shake and tumble, overnight sensation is a such a kickass tune

Comment

Originally posted by Racerx2k View Post
        Oh God, Tigertailz?! Ugh, that was the one album I took a chance on, and LOST! Well, that and TT Quick's "Metal Of Honor". Yikes!
        Yes, Pepsi Tates WAS in that band. Don't know about his current status, though.
        TNT is one of THEE best. Ronnie Le Tekro was one of my first influences, with his rapid muted picking and squeels, LONG before Zakk. Tony had one of the best rock voices, too, IMHO.

tigertailz's first too records are good, tho the vocals are a lil crazy in places....bezerk has some great riffs and solos on it....

Comment

tuff were pretty good too from what i remember, god bless this mess follow the loser were pretty sleazy

Comment

does anyone like faster pussycat? i have their first album on vinyl

sorry i am putting random thoughts in seperate posts as they pop into my head

Comment

noone's mentioned don dokken's solo album yet. i think that rocked with billy white (?) and john norum

Comment

Franx , Tygers are playing here (UK)!
                http://www.hardrockhell.com/
                Classics.. Add Tigertailz to the list (RIP Mr Tate)

Comment

Alaska, Zodiac Mindwarp, Witchfinder General and the Gipsy Pistoleros!

Comment

+1 on zodiac mindwarp; they were great.

let's also not forget hanoi rocks!
                    boulevard of broken dreams:
                    http://youtube.com/watch?v=XEiUbMqe250

kickass cover of "up around the bend"
                    http://youtube.com/watch?v=iEYtUcIKHTM
                    Sully Guitars - Built by Rock & Roll
                    Sully Guitars on Facebook
                    Sully Guitars on Google+
                    Sully Guitars on Tumblr

Comment

Originally posted by sonicsamurai View Post
                      does anyone like faster pussycat?
                      yep. loved them dearly.

sully
                      Sully Guitars - Built by Rock & Roll
                      Sully Guitars on Facebook
                      Sully Guitars on Google+
                      Sully Guitars on Tumblr

Comment

Originally posted by Bengal View Post
                        Silent Rage (I remember the video. Forget the song title. Band "found" by Gene Simmons)

EDIT: Looked it up. The album was Don't Touch Me There and the song was Rebel With A Cause. Cheeze city.

Crimson Glory were pretty cool. Oh wait, they wore masks. Must have sucked. HA!

I'll also thow out the Japanese contingent.

Loudness
                        EZO
                        I'm a big fan of Japanese metal- but don't forget ANTHEM & SABER TIGER! Definitely both worth a listen!
                        GM,
                        www.aftershok.com

Comment

Originally posted by sonicsamurai View Post
                          noone's mentioned don dokken's solo album yet. i think that rocked with billy white (?) and john norum
                          In my opinion, Don's "Up From the Ashes" is an unsung classic!
                          GM,
                          www.aftershok.com

Comment

I am definitely a product of the 80's scene in terms of musical preferences and playing styles. I am a huge fan of many of these bands and players!

But if you are willing to take the time and make the effort, there are some bands out today, both from Europe and the U.S., that are doing melodic metal/hard rock/power metal that is just as good as anything from that era.

Check out sites like www.Metal-rules.com, www.metalcdratings.com, www.metal-reviews.com, www.blabbermouth.com and online shops like www.theomegaorder.com and www.sentinelsteel.com to keep up on things. One good thing about MySpace is that it allows you to immediately check out anything you read about. Make the effort, you won't be disappointed!
                            GM,
                            www.aftershok.com

Comment

i was close with Marq from the Bullet Boys for a while, talk about a cool dude in person without all the taggers on around him. We used to kick yuppie ass in tennis down in newport in doubles, and the yuppies didn't like it.
                              Not helping the situation since 1965!

Comment

Originally posted by horns666 View Post
                                Alot of this stuff isn't that "pussified" at all..it could easily be on the other thread!
                                Bill's right. All of this could fit in the other thread.

I listen to a large amount of this stuff. I way prefer this stuff over that inaudible crap that is out today.
                                "Dear Dr. Bill,
                                I work with a woman who is about 5 feet tall and weighs close to 450 pounds and has more facial hair than ZZ Top." - Jack The Riffer

"OK, we can both have Ben..joint custody. I'll have him on the weekends. We could go out in my Cobra and give people the finger..weather permitting of course.." -Bill Z. Bub

Comment

Working...
                                X