Immortal

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Immortal

Nunslaughter came to australia, quite a few people went and enjoyed it, funny that, dimmu cancel, and a band, which is way less known is able to make its way over here....
    Getting back on topic, cradle of filth to me is more like goth metal, the real black metal is like a drill going through your head, its piercing, where as COF are more into the finesse of things etc, im into both...Dimmu Borgir, have their "Tr00" black metal moments i.e the intro to the maelstrom mephisto is fucking brootal...

The problem these days is that people listen to black metal for the wrong reasons..i mean, the band 'burzum' is the worst sounding piece of shit i've ever heard, the song war is laughable, no way i could take that shit seriously, but hey, Varg killed Euronymous so now hordes of sheep listen to burzum cause its cool and Kvlt broOOoOo...DarkThrone dont know which way to turn, they write a classic like en vind av sorg, then they do shit like Beholding the throne of might, whose riff (1:51) reminds me of Tupac's california love or whatever...To me, the only band that pulls off the black metal thing perfectly is Dark Funeral. I was going to say Dissection but alot of people dont consider it Black metal, even though they play some classic black metal riffs.

lol bill, you also knew nunslaughter? fuck, who havent you met?

cheers

Comment

I thought 'War' was laughable AND good, but maybe that's just me, i quite like Burzum even though Varg is a tool, not many bands you can hear and instantly know them by their sound. I reckon Old Man's Child are far superior to Dimmu though, Dimmu now sound like they're trying a little too hard. Comparing the early black metal to the stuff now is like comparing Carcass' demos to Heartwork. The first few bands released badly produced demos because they recorded with all they had- a 4-track tape recorder- people referred to this as 'True' and 'Necro'. Then when they got signed to a bigger deal and finally got good production, they'd 'sold out'. just my thoughts....

Comment

i agree 100% percent, that's the other ill with metallers, if its raw and shit sounding its good, once it actually gets sounding good through mastering etc then they hate it...ahh well, but yeah, dimmu's new effort is hopeless, a couple of highlights but nothing like the earlier stuff.
        cheers

Comment

I happen to liek every one of Dimmu's releases. Don't have "for all Tid" but I got the rest of them. awesome shit! can't see what's so Hopeless about DCA, but opinions will differ.

I don't like CoF that much...Dani Filth even told that Uranium ***** he doesnt' really consdier CoF a Black Metal band....so I guess you can't really consider them one if hte head man doesn't even like the moniker.

back to Immortal though...the latest news is that Horgh, the drummer...also drumming for grimfist has joined Hypocrisy after their old drummer quit because he couldn't handle the intense touring they're doing. what a pussy. wonder if he'll wear his corpse paint with'em? har har.

Comment

The only DB cds that I like are for all tid and stormblast (awesome),I don't listen to their other works,but I liked SBD pretty much.That said,I noticed that their last cd got the most pumped promotion of any metal album,and surely this one is not one of their best.

Comment

I love the first two albums, and SBD is one of my all time favourites. However the last two IMO have been total shite, and their performance on the latest tour was less than impressive. I much prefer the old Dimmu, recorded and live.

Comment

I love the fact taht every other dimmu thread dies a quick death...but we can resurrect an Immortal thread...and just talk about dimmu borgir for an entire page.

I never saw immortal live, wish I could have. Bill says they sucked, maybe they had a bad night...bad sound. THey were performing with a bunch of power metal bands that night. I doubt the mixing boards were set up to get that "immortal" sound by any means. I bet Abbath's vox didn't respond to well to something set up for Halford's yelps.

the album Sons of Northern Darkness, is awesome. the drumming especially. the riffs aren't super technical or anything..they just make your head bang. [img]graemlins/headbang.gif[/img] I would buy more immortal albums, but I go to the store..buy SND, and the bastards just re order the same damn album! retarded assholes.

Comment

I’m just starting to get into black metal so I don’t have much knowledge of the genre but I think Dimmu’s latest release is very good, especially the first 2 tracks of the album.

Some of Immortal’s stuff is cool, Tyrants is a wicked song.

Comment

I saw them live with Manowar. I loved them, one of the best shows I've seen. They were very simple and brutal, but very powerful and Abbath has an amazing stage prescense. Must've been an off-night...

Comment

i have seen Immortal once, and it was totaly awesome. I think it's not wise to a person who likes dimmu saying that corpse paint is gay, because dimmu (as half of black metal bands) also use corpse paint.
                      About the sound: Black metal isn't only that raw creepy sound.It was, but now it evolved into several diferent sub styles. so you can't realy compare DB with Immortal. But I can say that Immortal can be melodic without sinths. If you listen carefully to DB guitars are simple riffs and the keyboards do the harmony.
                      If you call trve kvlt black metal to rawer bands, then certanly DB doesn't fit that category and neither does CoF...
                      For me it's stupid to divide metal, that's for pop and rap shit.
                      United we stand
                      [img]graemlins/toast.gif[/img]

Comment

By Immortal,
                        "horn666, I see you're a real metal expert."

Yes , you are very correct sir,..I am a true Metal expert...metal of all genres that is.

Bill Z Bub

There is actually a couple of us "experts" on this board ...and I am one of the main ones.
                        "Bill, Smoke a Bowl and Crank Van Halen I, Life is better when I do that"
                        Donnie Swanstrom 01/25/06..miss ya!

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

By Alexi7,
                          lol bill, you also knew nunslaughter? fuck, who havent you met?

Yeah , those guys live in my town ....very nice guys but I'm not a fan... [img]graemlins/images/icons/tongue.gif[/img]

Right now I'm listening to the brand new Dimension Zero disc and Last Tribe to review ...both are awesome [img]graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

Originally posted by horns666:
                            Very Good Flo ...I absolutely agree sir.. [img]graemlins/toast.gif[/img]

I am aware of it's roots ..but I'm also aware that it has evolved into a well oiled metal machine ...so much it's almost mainstream..

Satan going mainstream can't be a bad thing ....well not to me anyways!!

I love great musicianship PERIOD ...I don't care if it's classical , Neo Classical , Black , Death , or Power metal....Good is good..

Fuck evil for evil sake ....If it sucks it sucks ...and I can honestly say I could write better and perform better than anything Immortal has done ...from what I heard ..that is no lie ...Their riffs are generic and juvenile..

That's why I like DB , COF and such ...those guys are good musicians ...and I would have a hell of a time duplicating what they created because it is musically challenging ...and that's what I love most about metal of all genres...a good ass kickin' and a challenge..not juvenile slop that my fucking stupid moron drummer can write...ain't that the truth.. [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
                            <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Very good post Bill! [img]graemlins/toast.gif[/img] I also agree with Drip's point that the categories are dumb; the ones that count are "Shreds" and "Sucks"!

Most of the people who are intent on the labels and on worshipping the old black bands who blow donkey dick, well, they probably play and sing like their idols. In other words, THEY SUCK TOO, so they love that which sucks, and dismiss that which is great as not "true" to whatever genre they spawned. Just because you don't like it doesn't mean it's not "true" metal. It's probably more "true" than the mushy sloppy shit you think is good. You're just jealous of superior musicianship. [img]graemlins/nono.gif[/img]

Keep telling the truth Bill! Don't pay any mind to the uneducated kiddies! [img]graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]

Rich
                            Ron is the MAN!!!!

Comment

Thanks Rich...yes I could only tell the truth because by my genetic makeup ...I'm incapable of lying.. [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Metal Rules ....till death do us fuckin' part...

I too believe that "Labels" suck..

But I find when I do a review ...I'm limited to labels ...just to describe what "style" the music is in...

This is due to the fact that there is a lot of prejudice in metal ...Power metal dudes think Black metal is gay and visa versa...why ..I don't know.. [img]graemlins/scratchhead.gif[/img]

I like it and have it all ...I spend every waking moment of my life on metal ...Buying it , listening to it or playing it..

My band "Bed Of Nails" ...is everything I love about true metal ...It is Power/Black/Thrash and Death ..rolled up in one..

It's a label that I would like to call ..."Black Power".... [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Bill Z Bub / Bed Of Nails

Comment

I know what you mean Bill, you have to use the labels because many people's heads hurt if they don't have a label to use. They get way too wrapped up in what constraints to follow to stay in the genre.

It's just kind of funny to read people
                                dismiss bands that have founded a genre.
                                Someone had to invent the label to describe THAT BAND, and suddenly some kid
                                thinks they can toss them out of their own realm! [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] And just like punk rock, as soon as they learn to play and write well enough to get a decent record deal and sell 200,000 copies extreme metal bands are considered sellouts. That is, considered that by the losers who can't play or write and will never get as far as those bands even did when they started out.
                                Ron is the MAN!!!!

Comment

Working...
                                X