Immortal

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Immortal

your a ghost.....stay away from me...for your sake.

I'm NOT playing.

Do you really want to confront me ...do you .
    "Bill, Smoke a Bowl and Crank Van Halen I, Life is better when I do that"
    Donnie Swanstrom 01/25/06..miss ya!

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

Hey asshole just stay the fuck out of my face...

I will NOT respond to any more of your stupid fuckin' bullshit.

Fuck off.

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

All these posts about Immortal? Yeesh... Prolly the most press they've got in some time ehh? Maybe they'll stop in to see the excitement.

Sadly, I couldn't wait for those tards to get off the stage last time I saw them. It was a terrible waste of my time and slowly diminishing eardrum cells listening to them at the volume level the FOH was running... Glad they only got like 35 minutes... I forget who it was, but some other band sucked a bit worse that night, if you can imagine that.

Nothing against the genre, although most of it isn't my cup of brew. But, they are pretty weak. But hey, lotsa people thought Kurt Cobain was quite the shredder, hehe...

Comment

I've never seen Immortal live, but i've always found that most of the black metal bands sounded better on record, i think something as technical as immortal (yes, technical- not necessarily the guitar work, but the whole ensemble) is always gonna be better when you have time to listen to it repeatedly. and Metal Mitch, i don't really get what you're trying to say but you sound like a dick. [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

Comment

What about MArduk...they're a band I've been kind of interested in...but haven't had a chance to hear at all. I must say...they have catchy song titles. "Christraping Black Metal" and "fistfucking God's Planet" to name a few.

Comment

Marduk is cool ...they just released a box set I want to pick up.

Comment

From what I've heard, the box set is some what of a rip-off.

Comment

Originally posted by Cleveland Metal:
                  All these posts about Immortal? Yeesh... Prolly the most press they've got in some time ehh?
                  <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">[img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

That was a good one, John!
                  "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

By calling juvenile and shit about immortal you guys are calling most of norwegian and european metal gay, since everyone likes em here. Your taste in metal doesn't make any sense...
                    like someone said :
                    discussion over the internet are like the paralimpics, you may win but you still a retard...LOL
                    So stop the BS and listen to REAL metal...

Comment

Originally posted by Haemonculus:
                      By calling juvenile and shit about immortal you guys are calling most of norwegian and european metal gay, since everyone likes em here. Your taste in metal doesn't make any sense...
                      like someone said :
                      discussion over the internet are like the paralimpics, you may win but you still a retard...LOL
                      So stop the BS and listen to REAL metal...
                      <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Since you're discussing it, you just called yourself a retard too! [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] Bill
                      didn't say they weren't real metal, he just said that they suck. In fact he DID say that at least they WERE true metal, and that that was better than nothing.

And that's "Paralympics"! [img]graemlins/poke.gif[/img]
                      Ron is the MAN!!!!

Comment

Immortal maybe true metal but they were never true bm..maybe when the first few albums came out but once the music got thrashier they lost it. I've never been a big fan of theirs, but i think they are highly overrated in my opinion.

And as far i know, Dimmu used to be true black metal back when Stormblast and the two albums before that came out. But it seems nowadays they like to drench their shit in keyboards..and they incorporate thrashy guitar parts which make it no longer true bm. Not saying its a bad thing cause i like an own DCA but, every over technical musician needs to get off their high horse and see there is a difference between Kvlt black metal, and the untrue stuff(Dimmu,Immortal, OMC, C0F) Old Man's Child shouldn't even be classed as BM since they incorporate keyboards, death metal vocals and the guitar work is just like new dimmu.

But...its a fact the true stuff is always the raw, untechnical shit everyone hates. theres a big difference between Imperial and OMC a huge difference between Judas Iscariot and CoF and a major difference between Kult Ov Azazel and Dimmu. Get those differences figured out and you'll know the difference between untr00 keyboard driven BM(Emperor) and the tr00 shit.

Comment

in teh end of the day...they're all out their representing Metal the best they can..with what theey got...so all hail Black MEtal!!! Tr00 or untr00...I love it all. [img]graemlins/headbang.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/headbang.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]

Comment

Originally posted by the_drip:
                            in teh end of the day...they're all out their representing Metal the best they can..with what theey got...so all hail Black MEtal!!! Tr00 or untr00...I love it all. [img]graemlins/headbang.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/headbang.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]
                            <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">True, im not saying OMC is bad either...i like them, their just not bm. And CoF is just not holding it up as far as trueness goes...millions of nu metal fans think they are evil now cause they like CoF..

Comment

"Okay, here's an idea, let's trem pick notes while the drums go at 220bpm! Oh yeah, we're going to record our album on my sister's 'My First Sony' using nothing but shitty Radio Shack karaoke mics! Ready? Let's go!"

Has anyone ever noticed that most bands that are seen as the 'REAL' or 'TRUE' of a particular genre usually suck ass and have shitty sounding recordings? Just an observation I've found true for most types of metal.

Comment

Originally posted by Black Mariah:
                                "Okay, here's an idea, let's trem pick notes while the drums go at 220bpm! Oh yeah, we're going to record our album on my sister's 'My First Sony' using nothing but shitty Radio Shack karaoke mics! Ready? Let's go!"

Has anyone ever noticed that most bands that are seen as the 'REAL' or 'TRUE' of a particular genre usually suck ass and have shitty sounding recordings? Just an observation I've found true for most types of metal.
                                <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">I used to think the same way until i got over the technical bullshit, and got over it and actually listen to the music. And they may have shitty production, but thats all some bands can afford. I seem to recall when Thrash metal first started, most of them had shitty production. Whats the difference? Megadeth did, Metallica did, Dark Angel did, Forced Entry etc.

Its only my opinion but most of you seem to think the same as far as raw black metal goes, I doubt many of you have even actually gave the music a chance or heard any of the bands im referring to.

Comment

Working...
                                X