Immortal

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Immortal

Bump because I want to figure out Abbaths guitar. It looks to me like an Ibanez Pro line (PR) 1660.

And to Horns666, your view of black metal seems to be a bit askew. Do you enjoy any non symphonic or melodic black metal ?

Comment

I love any and all metal as long as it has some musical value ...

As a guitarist in a Black/Death metal band ...I look for anything for musical inspiration ...

If I can't get that luxury out of a band ...then they suck.
      "Bill, Smoke a Bowl and Crank Van Halen I, Life is better when I do that"
      Donnie Swanstrom 01/25/06..miss ya!

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

If it's a Proline, he replaced the trem with a Washburn 2001 Wonderbar. The tip of the headstock is a bit blurry. Not one I'd want, anyway. I already have a slightly goofy-looking Rhoads copy, a Peavey Vortex! Plays and sounds pretty good though, with a Kahler Pro and 2 Peavey copies of Duncan Invaders that sound PFG. Hey, it's a $100 guitar that
        works and sounds good!! Plus if I ever want to bust up a guitar onstage, it's elected!
        Ron is the MAN!!!!

Comment

I like immortal alot. The drumming is fantastic. one by one is a seriously badass song.

Comment

My point exactly KE, Battles in the North was one of my favorite Immortal releases. One by One of SOND is an awsome tune.

Remeber, Euronymous and Mayhem brought back black metal and started the "second wave". So you cant really claim you know black metal, especially if you havnt atleast listened to the pinacle of norsk black metal. Bands like Mayhem, Darkthrone, Thorns, hell even satyricon and early emperor.

Just my opinion i guess.

anyways, anybody have any more insight on Abbaths guitar ?

Comment

http://www.immortal.nu/band/gallery/...00dynamo04.jpg

There is a detailed shot of the body, to maybe help someone.

http://www.immortal.nu/band/gallery/...0/biebob03.jpg

You can almost see a logo on the headstock, can anybody make it out ?

Comment

Here is an even better headstock shot:
                http://www.immortal.nu/band/gallery/pratteln99/213.jpg

Comment

looks like a De----- something.

Comment

Originally posted by horns666:
                    Seriously ...I know Black Metal ...and it is in my very own humble but educated opinion ...that Immortal is GAY......Man did they truly , truly suck!!! What that hell is the fascination with this stupid lookin and sounding band .......

Take any Immortal cd and put it up against a real Black metal album like anything from OMC, Emperor , Dimmu , COF or Thy Seprpent or 100s of others....you'll see what I mean

<font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">You can't compare Immortal to bands like that! Dimmu, etc. is very easygoing and symphonic. Dimmu's music does not have alot to do with metal. What makes Dimmu is their symphonic elements, not their Metal elements. Immortal is the other way around. They make you wanna bang you head 'till it falls of ( [img]graemlins/images/icons/tongue.gif[/img] ). They rarely use keyboards at all.

Immortal are true riffmasters! Just listen to the riff in the song one by one that kicks in after one minute.

Damned In Black is a true classic. So is At The Heart of Winter, Beyond the Northwaves, One By One, Solarfall, Sons of Northern Darkness, Blashyrk and Tyrants, mention a few.

And they do look kinda stupid [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img] . I just to laugh at Immortal because they seemed so primitive and unserious. Until I realized how awsome that band is! God, they kick ass like no one else! I even like them better than Emperor now and that says quite a lot!

BTW, it does not sound as you know what you are talking about when you say you know black metal and then call COF a black metal band. COF made several good songs, but they are far from BM. The thing closest to being 'black' in COF today, is their image and their vocals. Alot of Black Metal people are way to obsessed with image! So even thoug Dimmu and Carpathin Forest are not that different when it comes to music, everyone think of them as opposite, because Dimmu's image is so commercial, and Carpathian forest will hardly release albums.

That mentioned, Immortal's last two or three CD's were not pure Black Metal. Still awsome music.

IMO, as always.

[ October 15, 2003, 12:56 PM: Message edited by: KE ]
                    I have no eyes, fuck-mook!

Comment

I thought battles in the north was ****ing ****, i completely gave up on immortal, dark throne that type stuff..But then i heard sons of northern darkness, and **** me dead, its like a whole new immortal, that's the only album immortal should be judged by, its absolute perfection...(imo [img]images/icons/wink.gif[/img] )
                      Cheers

[ October 16, 2003, 11:30 AM: Message edited by: Alexi7 ]

Comment

Are you questioning my knowledge of metal???!!!...you got to be kidding... [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Well I'm not debating this issue ..it's ridiculous as is Immortal..

at least they are a true metal band ...a bad one is better than nothin' I suppose..

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

Im sure you have an extensive knowledge of metal, cool, go you. Im just questioning your taste in Black Metal. Your previous phrasing makes it sound like you have little experience in anything but symphonic and melodic black metal.

Ill be glad to appologize if you say otherwise. Who knows, maybe im just an ass.

Comment

I think it says Demonaz or something like that on the headstock.wasn't that the old guitarist's name

Comment

Paddock I love you ....gimme hug [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

I know alot about da Black metal ...I just don't care too much for the primitive / raw kinda stuff

My faves are Old Mans Child / Thy Serpent / Dimmu / Emperor / Ancient / Bal Saggoth / Naglfar / Borknagar / Cradle ....that kinda stuff

As long as it brings you joy ..That's what counts I suppose ...Sorry for slammin' them ...they are true metal or were at least...for that I can't b!tch too much..

But they did give me a headache at the Halford show... [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

But so did Halford ...it was a pretty horrible evening actually!!!

Comment

Originally posted by horns666:
                                Seriously ...I know Black Metal ...and it is in my very own humble but educated opinion ...that Immortal is GAY......Man did they truly , truly suck!!! What that hell is the fascination with this stupid lookin and sounding band .......

Take any Immortal cd and put it up against a real Black metal album like anything from OMC, Emperor , Dimmu , COF or Thy Seprpent or 100s of others....you'll see what I mean

Now if you lokkin' for best Black Metal Garage band ...then Immortal takes the Emmy..

But for Immortal to be lump in the same company as Dimmu or OMC ...well that kinda of crap just makes the Black Metal genre look and sound very gay ...and that don't make me too happy!!!

Goodbye Immortal ...Don't let the doors of Black Metal hit ya in the ass [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
                                <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">YES!!! however i see it a little differently. Immortal were good when Demonaz was still in teh band in the first 4 albums. i lost track of them after i had enough during Damned in Black. it seems after the black metal community gave up on them, the rest of the metal community bought into them. the first 4 Immortal were what real black metal was about. stuff like Emperor, Vlad Tepes, Satyricon, Belketre, Torgeist, Mutiilation, and DarkThrone. i know i'm gonna get flamed for this, but if someone in this thread had the guts to stand up for himself, i dont see why i shouldnt. man that tendonitis sure killed Demonaz' career as well as their songwriting....

Comment

Working...
                                X