MTV Icon - Metallica - Tonight 9PM EST

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: MTV Icon - Metallica - Tonight 9PM EST

Yeah, Het's animatronic model couldve been better. [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
    And Newstead's model looked nothing like him!!!
    [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
    [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

James

Comment

Was that Frantic that they played while the credits rolled? If so, that waz az Nu metal as it cumz! [img]graemlins/images/icons/tongue.gif[/img] Whats with that little riff James is playing up on the higher frets? Sounded like a korn thing to me. [img]graemlins/puke.gif[/img]
      I'll have to see it again but I was NOT impressed.

With the guest list I should have known. [img]graemlins/eyes.gif[/img]
      http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-6M4lm9Ahz0

Comment

Yeah, that was Frantic. There was about a half a second of another new song played while they were showing the in the studio clips. I think is the Monster song (the name escapes me).

Yeah, I can kind of see what you mean by the higher register thing, but thesong sounded like it had a cool groove.

Comment

Yeah I thought the song they were playing was rather mooshy, without any sense of definition to the sound that I associate with "old Metallica".

Personally, I hated the Limp Bizkit performance. Fred Durst just doesn't have a decent singing voice in any respect, in my opinion. Since Bizkit are on tour with Metallica again this summer, it's easy to see why they played one of their songs...remind the fans what Bizkit is like...which I guess their fans think is good...and a little free extra promo coverage for the tour buddies.

Korn, I didn't mind as much...it was more like Korn playing a Metallica song in their style, rather than them trying to be like Metallica.

I know a lot of people are bashing Avril, but, again, I thought, at least she has somewhat of a singing voice, and they did the song more in their sound and style. I always hated that Fuel song anyway, so it didn't degrade my opinion of the song any, she just wasn't quite ready for the timing of the song and singing to it.

Same kinda with Sum41...ekk I'm not for poppy punk much at all, but I think for who they are, they didn't do too horrible a job.

Snoop...well...that's just kinda silly. But, I always think Snoop's cool anyway, though I don't listen to his music or other rap.

The one band I thought could have really done a good justice to Metallica would have been Godsmack. They're much more straight-rock, no poppy punk, no rappy. But they were nowhere to be seen. It seems that SOMEBODY wants Metallica to be seen in with these (generally) newer kinds of young kiddie musicians for some reason...

Comment

AHEM record sales AHEM
            [img]images/icons/rolleyes.gif[/img]

James

Comment

The whole thing was bullsh*t. It showcased more MTV-friendly acts, telling me they were more concerned with ratings than anything else. If I ever hear Avril or Limp Bizkit do a craptacular job covering someone else's stuff, I'm going to hang myself with my own underwear. That was horrible. Lisa Marie was basically there to say "buy my new CD too!" Sean Penn.well I don't know what the hell he was there for but it was obvious that he had inhaled too many vapors while in the bathroom.

[ May 17, 2003, 04:27 PM: Message edited by: Sephiroth ]

Comment

[img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

James

Comment

Yes, I think more old school Metal bands would have given better respect to older Metallica stuff, bands like: Testament,Overkill,Nuclear Assult, and throw Godsmack into the fray because they just Fukin Rock!! these [img]graemlins/puke.gif[/img] New bands out mostly suck Rap/Rock A*S. Jack.

Comment

Working...
                  X