Yngwie lands Fender signature guitar, Hostess endorsement

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Yngwie lands Fender signature guitar, Hostess endorsement

The new Guitar World has an article on good ole YingYang Valvestem this month. He's sitting around in his studio, wearing his 5 sizes too small leather outfit. Looks like a leather sausage. Hilarious.

Other than that humorous moment, that issue of GW is complete garbage. It's the "punk rock" issue...ooo boy!

Comment

Originally posted by RacerX:
      Like,
      Unleash the fookin' twinkie, dude!

[img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]
      <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">RacerX,

You have NO room to crack Yngwie fat jokes. Nor do I for that matter, so I won't.

The guy can play guitar, which is what counts - unless you're gay for Skinny Yngwie, then I guess it's a buzzkill for you.
      Ron is the MAN!!!!

Comment

I'll get roasted for this but he looks like jake e lee in those pics

Comment

Originally posted by trip hammer:
          I'll get roasted for this but he looks like jake e lee in those pics
          <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">[img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] At least Jake really is half Japanese.
          I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

As a former (and damn near current) fatass, I reserve the right to make fun of other fatasses provided it's funny. However, nothing compares to the hilarity that is Yngwie's wardrobe, so any and all weight humour must be superceeded by clothing humour. So...

*points at Yngwie's shirt and laughs*

Comment

No such thing as a former fatass. You are a RECOVERING fatass, because all those empty fat cells are just waiting for you to fall off the wagon so they can
              puff right back up. No different than alcoholism or meth addiction, except you still have to take SOME of it every day.

For a while though, I thought crystal
              was the perfect food substitute. Then my bud keeled over dead; massive
              heart attack. He was 37. Being fat is unhealthy, but not as unhealthy as
              being thin because you live on meth.

[ March 22, 2003, 03:47 AM: Message edited by: lerxstcat ]
              Ron is the MAN!!!!

Comment

So the eternal question is.... would you trade your current situation to play like Yngwie, but get stuck with the fat appearance..... or stay where you are?

(This is similar to the "would you rather be rich or beautiful" argument)

Yngwie comes off as a not so happy individual... maybe the talent wouldn;t be worth it (Yeah right)

Comment

So the eternal question is.... would you trade your current situation to play like Yngwie, but get stuck with the fat appearance..... or stay where you are?
                  <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Well I guess my answer to that is "Whatever gets me the most sex". [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

- E.
                  Good Lord! The rod up that man's butt must have a rod up its butt!

Comment

Pack on the pounds and watch out! I'm coming to town to be the world's greatest shredder!! Beeeefcaaaaaake!!!! [img]graemlins/fart.gif[/img]
                    I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Not with an Ibenhad, you Jackson traitor! [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]
                      "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

Here is a recent picture of Jingvay. He actually looks a bit thinner now. I think he suffers from the dreaded "fat face" syndrome. No matter how thin you get, your face stays fat!!!

[ March 23, 2003, 06:12 AM: Message edited by: Vivian Campbell ]

Comment

Hmmm....there's one thing that seems strange to me though: Is this sig-strat really a new model? I could've sword the YJM signature strat has been avaliable for many years(?)...

'bane

Comment

You're right, 'Bane, it's been around for
                            a number of years.

That fact wouldn't have jibed with the headline of the thread though, so it was
                            ignored.

Lerx
                            Ron is the MAN!!!!

Comment

it has been around for several years now...... he presented it on an instruction video that my friend has ,which was filmed in 98 ? ...i think !

he presented it at the end of the video and said that it's made in japan and has all the specs of his strat (scalopped fretboard , and those signature YJM pickups ...bla..bla..bla)

and what i've heard.that he's stil verry arrogant!
                              some guy asked him what he's listening for records right now and he said that he doesn't listen to music right now !!!!!!! and that he doesn't draw influences by no1 !!! then the guy asked him if he knew alexi laiho, because he is inspired by YJM ! and he didn't know him either and said he'd probaly be one of those guys who copy all that i do and don't give him credit for him !!!!! I was just WTF ...... His kind of plying you learn in any theory course ! it's the same scales and shapes that every teacher gives you ! i mean he play a great deal of harmonic minor scales wich are often linear !!! c'mon i used that before i even knew him !!!

conclusion to his eyes :yes well then i am a poor bastard who is immitating him !!! who is learning theory for 5 years now with teacher....yep !

Comment

I am a subscribing member of SOFA (Society Of Fat Asses). Just thought I would lay that tidbit down first and foremost.

The top pic on Yngwie shows he is indeed losing weight, which he does deserve credit for. I saw a pic of him 4 or 5 years ago and he looked like a cross between a younger Meatloaf and John Popper back in the 90's. He had like 3 chins going on.

Comment

Working...
                                X