Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

if metallica were to go use jackson and write music like they did.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: if metallica were to go use jackson and write music like they did.

Metallica has probably been less aggressive live over the years because of more and more touring. Think about it-in the Master of Puppets days, they probably didn't tour as much as the Justice tour or NEARLY as much as the Black album (on tour for 2 1/2 years! [img]images/icons/shocked.gif[/img] ) so...you kinda gotta reserve enough energy for each night. If you tour for 2+ years, you can't go out every night and blow your energy and then be tired for the next gig. Gotta pace yourself.

But I agree, liked em a lot in the early days, still like em a little bit now but I listen to the first 5 albums WAY MORE than the Loads.

[ December 17, 2002, 06:04 PM: Message edited by: Guitarzan ]

Comment

slayer im 18, ill take your word for it, but as i was about to say, as stated by guitarzan, that was probably because of the extensive touring/drinking [img]images/icons/wink.gif[/img]
      [img]graemlins/toast.gif[/img]

[ December 18, 2002, 07:44 AM: Message edited by: Alexi7 ]

Comment

Newsted's playing was amazing on F&J's Doomsday For The Deceiver. Very Steve Harris influenced. The original bassist for Voivod, Blackie, was similarly gifted with an ear for strange yet melodic rhythms. I'm hoping Jason gets to rip on the new record.
        please don't put it into words, 'cause I fear what you're thinking

Comment

Amen to that! Jason is a great bass player. [img]graemlins/band.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/notworthy.gif[/img]

Comment

Got the live **** DvD box set today, ****ing great...finally, after 3 years of waiting for it [img]graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]

Comment

For Hammet I think a USA neckthru DXMG thing (so essentially a SLH2 with a reversed headstock), and RR1s.

For James King Vs, Y2K vs, and possibly cutom Explorers.

The last album I have bothered to listen to from them is the Black album. Damn good sound, not overly thrilled about the songs though. Personally I like Justice, but I think the best album they ever had was Lightning.
              KV DM PRO, SLSXMG, RRXMG, DXMG, LP P90 Goldtop_GSP1101_RM4: JF SL-OD100_Randall RT2/50_Peavey 4x12 cab
              I'm loving the Jaded Faith mods. Going Egnater Dual mod route: Voxless, SL-OD100, Brahma #39, QuickMod GT

Comment

Ok, for starters unless Jackson/Charvel/Fender Persues Metallica for Jackson endorsements you won't SEE them playin anything other than the ESP crap on tv, in videos or promotional pics. I do however know for a fact that Kirk has a couple RR's and has been known to record with these guitars so I'm pretty sure that is what he would play. Hetfield on the other hand would most likely have his own signature version of an explorer shape. To think that even though things seem to be friendly and peaceful between the Metallica and Megadeth camps that James would play A Y2KV or a King V which are both in a way the signature series for Dave Mustaine you're seriously seriously SERIOUSLY mistaken. I love Megadeth and like MOST Metallica but I know that it Just wouldn't fly with most Metallica or Megadeth fans..... They would definately be an asset to Jackson in helping sales though.....Maybe Jackson should actively Persue Hetfield, Hammett and while Pantera camp is quiet get Dimebag on board with a sig series Dime/star/ML influenced guitar.....he did jump ship from Bill Lawrence to Seymour Duncan....now could be the time!!!!!
                Transitioning from Retired Musician from cover bands to a Full time vocalist/frontman/guitarist in an original and covers band....it's been a while and this should get NASTY!

Check out the new band at - https://www.facebook.com/PerfectStormMetal/?fref=nf

Comment

Mmmmm..... If Metallica were to use Jackson, ESP will be out of business.

Comment

Originally posted by VoiceX3:
                    Ok, for starters unless Jackson/Charvel/Fender Persues Metallica for Jackson endorsements you won't SEE them playin anything other than the ESP crap on tv, in videos or promotional pics.
                    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Live Kirk plays the RR-1 still. Cunning stunts he ahs it out with his LP Custom. Granted most the time is spent with the KH-2 and the KH-3 and the Mummy
                    I keep the bible in a pool of blood
                    So that none of its lies can affect me

Comment

Originally posted by VoiceX3:
                      Hetfield on the other hand would most likely have his own signature version of an explorer shape. To think that even though things seem to be friendly and peaceful between the Metallica and Megadeth camps that James would play A Y2KV or a King V which are both in a way the signature series for Dave Mustaine you're seriously seriously SERIOUSLY mistaken.
                      <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Why? James has been photographed a couple times playing a white Jackson King V a long time ago. Plus, his main guitar used to be a white Gibson Flying V that had the headstock broken and he then started using his Explorer that was just laying around as a backup.

[ December 26, 2002, 04:45 PM: Message edited by: toejam ]
                      I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Joe- I agree with what you're saying and you're absolutely correct about the V's.....but If he had a Jackson endorsement do you really think he'd play someone elses signature model? After all he is James Hetfield. I know Dave Mustaine wouldn't be playin a Scott Ian.....not that they don't get along, but they have individual identities.
                        Transitioning from Retired Musician from cover bands to a Full time vocalist/frontman/guitarist in an original and covers band....it's been a while and this should get NASTY!

Comment

Wasn't one of the JH's a Flying V with flames? I don't think Jaymz would play a Mustaine V but I do think he would play a King V.

Saying that a guy wouldn't play a Kin V bewcause it is loosely Mustaine model is kinda like saying people won't play a Les Paul Signature Gibson. A Few stars have played the later if I am not mistaken

Comment

I just think that Hetfield being who he is would automatically get his signature on a model.... And shoot me for being stubborn, but the "James Hetfield KVJH" just doesn't sound right.

Comment

Voice Agreed it is Funny maybe the could add more letters like JHKV3 Although he does have some crazy ESP expolrers too and I am sure he wants space from Mustaine. I know Lars and him get along I am not sure about Jaymz and him though

Comment

ahh got the fatal error message so i couldnt read some posts...kirk uses a RR1T, but like i said before, had it not been for the ESPee endorsement, he still would have been using it....He used it alot on the justice tour, and puppets tour....about the james custom explorer thing, you're right...James would probably get jackson to make him a few replicas of that brown explorer he always uses, the one with the weird headstock, and branch/leaf inlays (?) [img]graemlins/toast.gif[/img]

Comment

Working...
                                X