Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

if metallica were to go use jackson and write music like they did.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: if metallica were to go use jackson and write music like they did.

I would agree with the comment regarding the Load and Reload sessions. That is what Jaymz wants to do so be it. The Ja-Rule song though proves nothing more though than the fact that Metallica is only in it for the Money. And I am not saying that as a biggot to rap it is just purely true. Go listen to the song if you have not heard it. [img]graemlins/puke.gif[/img]
    I keep the bible in a pool of blood
    So that none of its lies can affect me

Comment

If Reload is natural evolution, just what the hell are Slayer doing?.......If they were artists and evolving, they would be doing 24 minute symphonies that would rival Satch. Instead they are plating mundane powerchord metal that sounds like it was yanked from the 70s. If I wanted that, I'd listen to Nashville Pussy, or Raging Slab, bands that have been doing this style their whole carrers. Black to Load is De-evolution........They would make Devo proud........

Comment

I don't particularly care. I just stopped being a fan after Justice.

Comment

Ironhead & Facetheslayer:

[img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

[ December 16, 2002, 10:00 AM: Message edited by: RacerX ]
          "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

amen to that newc.....
            wombat, you know what im talking about on the ESP forums, it wasnt at all about conformity, you're not the victim... [img]graemlins/scratchhead.gif[/img] as you would conclude; 'im am done with you' (or was it, 'i am finished with you') hmmmmm

Comment

[img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] @ Ron!
              Spitting image [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

Comment

Hrmmm... This has been an interesting read for me. I found myself jumping to one side when NewC posted, then jumping on the OTHER side when VitaG posted! [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Truth be told, I never really had much of a problem with Metallica's evolution until the S&M project. The music just sounded entirely to cluttered with all that was going on. I'm actually anxiously awaiting there next album to see what they come up with next. I WILL admit that it's becoming more and more evident that Metallica is in it for the Green now-a-days, but personally, I don't care WHAT there motivation is as long as they can put out good tunes.

Comment

WHO IS THIS METALLICA BAND YOU'RE ALL SPEAKING OF?!? I'VE NEVER HEARD OF THEM!!! [img]images/icons/blush.gif[/img] [img]images/icons/wink.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/thebirds.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/evilimages/icons/tongue.gif[/img]
                  I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Slayer would blow Metallica off of the stage right now, Metallica could hang with them at one time(before [img]graemlins/puke.gif[/img] Justice), but not anymore. I love hate metal, and Slayer [img]graemlins/notworthy.gif[/img] plays it so well [img]graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]

Comment

that's the kind of thing that starts arguments up here....well of course, metallica cant physically handle what they used to do in the old days...not because they chose to (well they did to some extent) but because its just the course of nature...but no concert beats the justice one, and sepultura's 'live in barcelona 92' concert.. [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/toast.gif[/img]

Comment

Newstad called out Metallica on MTV to try to hang with him and Voivod. Really it is funny to me. I don't Begrudge Metallica from becoming a Hard Rock band but with the S & M and JA Rule they have sold out. Anything for $$$$

Comment

Anyone have a video clip to see that interview?

Comment

Alexi7, I don`t know how old you are, but I am 33 and have seen Metallica numerous times, and they keep getting weaker by the year. The first time I saw them is when they opened up for Ozzy for the "Master of Puppets" [img]graemlins/notworthy.gif[/img] tour and they just blew me away!! I did see them for the Justice tour, twice and they were much less aggresive. I have seen Slayer [img]graemlins/notworthy.gif[/img] numerous times and they have been consitently aggressive over the years in concert. Believe me when I tell you Metallica was at their peak before Justice, but it seams they still have a big following, so they must be doing something right, just mot my cup of tea [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

Comment

Slayer rules and SHOULD NOT be used in the same sentence as Metallica...

Comment

Originally posted by Guitarzan:
                                Anyone have a video clip to see that interview?
                                <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">No I don't I don't watch a lot of MTV but I have seen it twice. but then again I was home sick and I was watching a lot of TV. I think it was during the rock countdown. I wonder if encymet has anything on it

Comment

Working...
                                X