Glen Drover

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Glen Drover

The acoustic intro to Pentacle Star. Is that the acoustic sim or the real thing?
    Thanx Dave
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-6M4lm9Ahz0

Comment

That Gen 3 must have made your recording session alot less taxing..Do you have a specific pair of headphones you favor? I cant find another pair that sound as good as my old duct taped Sennheisers.
      Thats a cool KD story. Usually when you get that answer "if something comes up we'll call you" more often it doesn't pan out.
      What goals do you have set as of late? You and Shawn make an awesome team. [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

Comment

Glen,
        It's great to see you on here!! I like to mention that you are one of my main sources of inspiration sir [img]graemlins/notworthy.gif[/img] ....You along with Andy , M.Wead , J.Loomis , Tommy V.(Coroner), and those damn Amott Bros...lately. [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]
        Got ALL your stuff and must say that you are one Ultimate Evil Riff-Monster [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img] !!
        Your Tone and Playing is Killer ...makes me want to go hunt down that old VS100 [img]graemlins/brow.gif[/img]
        I love your work with King but can tell Eidolon is your labor of love and it shows. Your writing/playing continues to kick my ass. "Coma's" production is amazing and I heard the progression since "Zero Hour". I'm Sad to say when Coma Nation was released it took three months before it surfaced here in the States...it's no secret there is NO metal scene here unless you go ~wiggy~wiggy~scratchy on a freakin' record player [img]graemlins/eyes.gif[/img]
        We are putting together material to record this winter with my band !! Our style is in vein of TRUE dark power metal with lots of noodling , meaning nobody will ever hear it besides the band and and a few of us on the board.. [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
        Thanks for your time and especially Thanks for keeping the only music I love alive [img]graemlins/headbang.gif[/img] ....Without Metal I'd go nuts .......well more nuts anyway!

Your bro in metal ,

EIDOLON RULES!!

Bill Z Bub / Evilution

[ December 02, 2002, 02:04 AM: Message edited by: horns666 ]
        "Bill, Smoke a Bowl and Crank Van Halen I, Life is better when I do that"
        Donnie Swanstrom 01/25/06..miss ya!

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

[img]graemlins/stupid.gif[/img]

Glen it's great to have you here.

I've been amazed at you since I saw you on tour with King. I've seen every tour since Fatal Portrait and you were the first guy to nail the stuff that well. You played parts that the others wrote, better than they did live, doh.

Assuredly, that show was musically the best I've ever seen KD do. I had goosebumps and stood with my mouth open most of the show, haha... I'm a "bit" of a KD fan, and it was great to see it performed so well. Amazingly good work there.

Eidolon? Well, it definitely shows that it's your true love. Awesome and very cool stuff. Quite inspiring.

I noticed Andy playing the Valvestates a while ago. I never played that model and will have to look into it. I have way too much money in a CAE3+se / VHT 2150 rig that I can't even lift! It would be nice to have a "head" that was reasonably priced and liftable!

Hey, thanx for doing the stuff you do man. You deserve a lot more compensation than what I'm sure you're getting.

Hope you hang around here for a bit...

John/Evilution

[ December 02, 2002, 11:07 AM: Message edited by: Cleveland Metal ]

Comment

From what I am hearing, John, BW&BK magazine out of Toronto, Canada ( probably, the best metal mag on planet earth!!! [img]graemlins/notworthy.gif[/img] ) Tim Henderson is doing this event - with what local Cleveland dude - I have no idea at this point. see what you can find out on this if you can [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img] its a little ways off from now, but it never hurts to know things way in advance [img]graemlins/toast.gif[/img]
            cheers
            shawn - eidolon
            www.eidolon-nightmareworld.com

Comment

Shawn:
              Cool, I'll be investigating. If you get word on what name they are calling this festival ley me know.. We have several metal festivals a year here...

Glenn: your VS100 is designated 8100? How would I know if one is the 8100? on the back somewhere?
              Have you tried newer ones? Where they cool too?

I'm just shopping a cheap and light head that I can easily carry. My tube rack is way too much for casual work.

Thanx!!

John / Evilution

Comment

John,

it will either say VS100 or 8100 on the front of the head. the new valvestate series are called AVT (i believe?) and they SUCK!!!!!!!!!!!
                look on EBAY, i
                m sure you can find one CHEAP!

Glen

Comment

John,

here is a link to what you need. good luck!
                  http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...item=925762267

Comment

Ahh, K. I'm looking at VS100 only. Any VS100 would be the same then?

May snag the cheap one here if it's the same...

http://search.ebay.com/search/search...=1&st=2&SortPr operty=MetaEndSort&category0=619&BasicSearch=

Comment

hey glen it's great to have ya here ! if your into guitars amps all sorts of gear this is the place to be ! lol , it's very addicting at times ! lol , hey what don't ya like about the new valvestates what problems have you seen or had with em ? and was that comparision guitar that andy had just a one off photo shoot ? and great guitar work on all your stuff !!! and if you don't mind me asking what happened with the king diamond gig ? thanks man ! long live metal !!! //Steve [img]graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]

Comment

and yeah Cleveland Metal those valvestates vs100 8100 are great amps , ask dave thats all I use live man , I don't like em at low levels but a higher levels they sound ****ing great man !!! heavy as **** ! chuck schuldiner use to use em live as well for both control denied and Death , Jeff Lommis from nevermore told me that he used em for a while but he didn't like the lead sound he said it sounded thin ? but very very consistant live ! I had my 1 st one [ VS 100 8100 ]for 5 or 6 years never ever broke down , the only reason I got the line 6 stuff was after I saw jeff loomis I was totally sold on that stuff man ! his sounds/ tones sounded so great live man even better than the album , I still wish I would have kept that marshall though , my next amp is gonna be a flextone 2 xl with the 2 / 12 extention cab and of course the floor board ! woo hoo a couple of more months and I'll pick it up //Steve

Comment

ok cleveland metal, heres what I found out - it will be held on June 13-14 - 2003 at " the odeon " in cleveland, ohio. from what I know, there will only be signed bands on the bill ( 6 per day ) so far, ELEGY, HYPOCROCY, KATAKLYSM, WOLF and BEYOND THE EMBRACE Are on this bill. this is all I know for the time being - Eidolon will lobby to be on this bill - whether we get it or nor - we shall soon see.........

cheers
                          shawn - eidolon
                          www.eidolon-nightmareworld.com

Comment

I'll work on finding who's doing that...

Comment

Ahh, it appears that although it's somewhat booked locally... Mark Gromen from BW&BK is strictly responsible for for selecting the bands, I'm told...

Though I haven't had contact with him yet personally, I'm told it's pretty well booked up at this point... [img]images/icons/frown.gif[/img] I'm gonna mail him and see what's up... I think you mentioned you were already in contact with them about it anyways. The show is a bit of a ways off, and things happen with bands, so you never know I guess.

My personal opinion is that it might be better to come in with another strong act (KD? He does very well here) and do a show on a different date. It would probably do better. These festivals scare a lot of traditionals types of listeners off and often have less than desireable turnouts. I'm even guilty of blowing the festivals off a bit, and I'm pretty hardcore concert guy really.

There is also the "World Series of Metal" here that usually happens around August at the Agora, King Diamond has played that one with Glenn. I know people in that booking too... That's one we'll be likely doing. THat would be one to conmtemplate also. A bit better club than the Odeon too... Nice theatre situation... The Odeon is a big room with no seating...

Regards!
                              John / Evilution

Comment

what is the capacity for this place?????

Comment

Working...
                                X