Glen Drover

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Glen Drover

Jeff, dont look for us to be playing in america anytime soon - as it stands now, AMERICA is the ONLY country on planet earth that does not have our records in domestic release [img]graemlins/scratchhead.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/brow.gif[/img] , so naturally, its a bit tough to tour there. if a festival pop's up that we express interest in playing, ,cool - other than that until the record's get released, it would be tough - sorry....... [img]images/icons/frown.gif[/img]

cheers
    shawn - eidolon
    www.eidolon-nightmareworld.com

Comment

Shawn maybe you should sell your drums and get into some FUBU wear and some DJ Equipment ...You'll be huge here [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] . You'll be on freakin' Ozzfest next year!!

I feel your pain ..I hate saying that line because Clinton was such a tool

Your Bro in Metal

Bill Z Bub
      "Bill, Smoke a Bowl and Crank Van Halen I, Life is better when I do that"
      Donnie Swanstrom 01/25/06..miss ya!

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

we do well in Europe, Canada and so forth and for that, we're gratefull. we really don't care too much about cracking America, because other than the chosen few who still support and love real metal, there is no market for heavy metal in America. those who like us know where to find our records anyway!!!! [img]graemlins/notworthy.gif[/img] obviously, we dont do this for money - if we did, Glen and I would start a flavour of the DAY band - I dont see that happening........ [img]graemlins/evilimages/icons/tongue.gif[/img]

Comment

I think I'm the select few....I sorry our metal scene blows.....I very embarrased about that fact . Maybe it'll come back some day ...when it does I'll be ready !!

Bill Z Bub

Blind Guardian and Symphony X will be in Cleveland on Dec 6th ...I'll let you know how many show up I'd wager less than 200
          "Bill, Smoke a Bowl and Crank Van Halen I, Life is better when I do that"
          Donnie Swanstrom 01/25/06..miss ya!

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

I think the scene is a bit stronger back east (Ontario etc) but here in the west its no different than the US. Its pretty sad that a talented band like Nevermore (who epitomizes metal) only drew 60 people to a show in Kelowna BC were Korn hole sold out a venue 10x bigger just down the street! One thing that is cool about the mere 60 people who showed for Nevermore is that we got to talk to the guys (who were extremely cool) and we can also say the WE out sold them in the same venue!!! [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] j/k! Mind you the wanna be promoter who brought them here didnt even have it on the radio or in the paper. Still it's hard to fathom that they were here and almost no one came. [img]graemlins/scratchhead.gif[/img]
            http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-6M4lm9Ahz0

Comment

I agree. Metal does much better overseas. You see some bands over here with a croud of 50 and when in Europe they cant even get everyone in the club. Sorry to hear it though. The US is just to Fubu friendly. The freakin' melting pot will getcha everytime. [img]graemlins/eyes.gif[/img]

Comment

Hey Shawn: Do you remember a fanzine called "Skull Sessions"? It started in Ontario around 85'. It was the first one of its kind in North America. Brad Mitchel started it and now does some writting for "Throat Culture". Just curious.

Comment

skull sessions??? never heard of it - what was it???

cheers
                  shawn - eidolon

Comment

It was a undergound metal mag in Ontario.

Comment

wow really?? never heard of that 1 [img]graemlins/scratchhead.gif[/img] that 1 must have illuded me, i suppose.....

cheers
                      shawn - eidolon

Comment

Hey Guys!

thanks for the kind words! As far as the valvestate model I use, it's one of the 1st ones made of it's kind, called the "VS100" the very 1st model was the "8100".
                        when i was on the Voodoo tour with King Diamond, Andy was playing this amp for a few shows (this was about half way through the tour) as well as his old metaltronics stuff he has used since the conspiracy tour. I was blown away by the sound in a sound check one day
                        and after sound check, i plugged in with my trusty charvel model 5 and it was the sound i was looking for. i have never been a huge marshall fan, i was always more into the harsh and tight boogie tone, like old Stryper for example, and this amp has those qualities, but at the same time, having a smooth warm tone along with it.
                        basically, it had all the charactistics i wanted.

Glen Drover - Eidolon

Comment

Hey Glen, Great to have you here ! Sorry to hear about the split with KD. The material you guys have out now though is very cool . Awesome sound you're getting on the new stuff. Got any fancy customs in the works? I saw you play that model 5 if I remember correctly. Couple of guys on here have mentioned Andy using Metaltronics. Does Lee Jackson still do work for him?

Comment

To be honest. i don't know if the metaltronics are being produced these days, but i do know that andy does not have that support anymore. I now have Andy hooked on the Genesis 3 for studio work.
                            we both pretty much use the same things in the studio, and live for that matter. Andy uses an Ibanez Tube Screamer to boost his preamp on the Marshall Vavestate, and i use to Boss Super Overdrive. we both have very similar tastes in sound. we even discovered that we use the same gauge pick! which is the jim dunlop 1.14. Andy uses the tortex and i use the gator for better pick control, as it has a chalky type finish which helps from slipping out of your hands when playing live. both King and Eidolon have Endorements with Jim Dunlop.

Glen Drover

Comment

Yeah, Metaltronics is no more. Just wondering if they've kept in touch for mods or what not. Are you talking about the Digitech GNX? The on that has pedal board or the compact blue version? I'd be floored if you got your sound on Coma Nation with that. That is awesome crunch. What do you dig for pick ups, actives ? If you don't mind me asking how did you meet up with KD? I've never heard. Thanks Glen, Jeff.

Comment

Jeff,

yeah, the unit i'm talking about that i use is the Genesis 3 table top blue unit. there is only the one model of Genesis 3. the GNX series is different. what you hear on Coma Nation is my charvel 5 through that unit, straight into the mixing console. the sound is proof that it is one of the most powerful units out there!
                                but speaking of the GNX series............ Digitech is releasing an artist version of the GNX 2 and RP 300 sometime in january (so i'm told) with various presets from a bunch of different artists like myself. the presets from me will be the Coma Nation tone, along with a cool clean tone i use as well.

As far as meeting King, i sent King a video of myself playing a few King and Mercyful Fate songs to audition for the band when Pete Blakk was released from the band. although the spots were filled by the time he had seen the tape, he liked the video and told me that if the spot became available, i would have a job. we remained good frined since then and the job did come up in early 98.

Glen Drover [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img] [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img] [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img] [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img] [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img] [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img] [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img] [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

Comment

Working...
                                X