Glen Drover

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Glen Drover

Welcome to the board Shawn .. hope you stick around ...

Kev
    Don't worry - I'll smack her if it comes to that. You do not sell guitars to buy shoes. You skimp on food to buy shoes! ~Mrs Tekky 06-03-08~

Comment

Thank you, kev, nice to be here.........
      cheers
      Shawn -Eidolon
      www.eidolon-nightmareworld.com
      [img]graemlins/toast.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/toast.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/toast.gif[/img]

Comment

Dude I don't give a crap what you guys play!!! All I know is that your band and Glenn is a big influence and inspiration to me and thank you for playing the music that I love!!!

I have all your stuff , I had to go freakin crazy to hunt down your first two CDs: "Seven spirits" and "Zero Hour"....Keep kickin this fellow shredder's ass!!

Thanks to these bands , they keep me inspired [img]graemlins/notworthy.gif[/img]
        Eidolon
        Nevermore
        Hexenhouse
        Hellstar
        Candlemass
        Arch Enemy
        Abstract Algebra
        King Diamond / MF
        Apocrypha.......Shawn remeber them!!!
        Mommento Mori
        Tad Marose
        Fifth Reason
        Memory Garden
        .......This is the best s hit in my book and I have a HUGE book

You Friggin' Rule Guys....Thanks for the Music and keep this metal alive!!! [img]graemlins/toast.gif[/img]

Bill Z Bub

[ November 30, 2002, 04:48 PM: Message edited by: horns666 ]
        "Bill, Smoke a Bowl and Crank Van Halen I, Life is better when I do that"
        Donnie Swanstrom 01/25/06..miss ya!

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

Welcome Shawn. Glad to hear Glen's still with Jackson. Those Valvetates can not sound like that stock. I hope I'm wrong though! [img]graemlins/images/icons/tongue.gif[/img]

Nevermore f'en kicks ass ! What the Hell ever happened to Candlemass ?

Comment

Horns, thank you so much for the cool words - that means a lot to us, believe me!!! quite hard-core of you even getting the old stuff [img]images/icons/shocked.gif[/img] very cool though, I must say!!!!

No floyd's - I dont know the exact specifics of Glen's tone - I just know that the Valvestates are a part of his over-all sound. [img]graemlins/scratchhead.gif[/img]

thank you both......
            shawn - eidolon

Comment

So Shawn do you play guitar also? I noticed you pictured with a Pearl and a Tama kit. What are you currently using?

Comment

Shawn , Glen's sound is in his hands....He'a killer player , he'd make any amp sound good! Well he sure prooves that theory by playing Valvestates! I'm a Marshall Fan myself and have played Valvestates ...pretty crunchy amps for recording but I think they cheez up when pushed loud IMO. Being a smokin' drummer does those things sound good in your opinion when your Jammin' with your bro at rehersal....I'm very curious !

Yeah I located one of your old CDS at Impulse , that was before I had a computer .... Internet makes things too easy to find stuff now.. I kinda miss finding that rare piece on your own...just like a good hunt!! [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

Bill Z

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

Horns, quite the contrary about Glen's valvestate in a live situation - his tone is so heavy yet nice and clear, frankly, I dont get it myself - he gets more compliments on his live tone - to see for yourself - go to our website - www.eidolon-nightmareworld.com as we just put 2 live video clips from the Gamma Ray - Eidolon Montreal, Canada show!!! allthough the video did not transfer too well onto the site [img]graemlins/scratchhead.gif[/img] [img]images/icons/frown.gif[/img] , you will get the general idea of his live tone - hope you enjoy it, dude...... [img]graemlins/toast.gif[/img]

Comment

NoFloyd's - for playing live shows,it totally depends on the situation, as as a sopport slot, I usually share the kit with another band - when I can, I use PEARL DRUMS!!!!! That TAMA kit you saw me using is from the Bang Your Head festival we played last year in Germany. for guitars, I play CHARVEL guitars............

cheers
                    shawn - eidolon

Comment

Shawn,
                      Dude I aleady checked it before weeks ago it sounds great just like his tone in studio...I'm gonna have to talk to that man. I bought a Bogner Uberschall head for 2 grand and he's sounding that brutal with a Valvestate..son of a B sting [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Bill Z B sting

Comment

his studio rig is much different than his live set-up in terms of amps and so forth. his tone on the " coma nation " record is made part by the " Genesis 3 " by DIGITECH, which Glen is a proud endorser. on past records ( nightmare world, seven spirits, zero hour ) he used his live set-up. Of COURSE, he uses other studio gadgets and so forth to get his " SOUND " , What they are - I have not a clue [img]graemlins/scratchhead.gif[/img] I;m just the drummer, man [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

cheers
                        shawn - eidolon

Comment

Shawn, Awesome to have you here... Tell Glenn to pop in too! His fans have questions!! Hehe...

I saw Glenn touring with King Diamond and he was really inspiring. Sparring with Andy and coming out on top at this point in time. It was the first time I'd ever seen King Diamonds band reproduce all the guitar parts just like the studio releases. I was bummin when they parted ways. But, Eidolon shines brightly in the genre.

Keep it up!!

John/Evilution

Comment

Shawn, is Glen going to be involved with writing on King Diamonds new one ?

Comment

unfortunately, glen had to part ways with King Diamond, after being in the band for 2 1/2 years. allthough he remains good friends with them ( Andy Larocque mastered our latest record )

Comment

Sorry to hear that. I saw him play with KD at Salisbury Beach MA on the House of God tour. Really enjoyed that show. Will you guys be playing around New England any time soon? Thanks for your time, Jeff.

Comment

Working...
                                X