No announcement yet.

Holy Shit ! Metallica - Wired to Self Destruct

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Much better live. Tighter than ever too.

Comment

Originally posted by toejam View Post
      Yeah, the guitars are a little farty sounding and similar to DM, need a little bit more gain and beef. Overall, I dig it, though.

It sounds very Death Magnetic. The down tuned guitars is what does that flubby sound. I like the song but it is kinda sophomoric lyrically and it isn't more metal than anything off Death Magnetic which wasn't really a bad album just wasn't very memorable.
      I keep the bible in a pool of blood
      So that none of its lies can affect me

Comment

It does sound quite a bit better live. As a side note, James' new V doesn't look too bad.

Comment

Originally posted by Tetsuo View Post
          It sounds very Death Magnetic. The down tuned guitars is what does that flubby sound. I like the song but it is kinda sophomoric lyrically and it isn't more metal than anything off Death Magnetic which wasn't really a bad album just wasn't very memorable.
          Isn't it in standard tuning?
          I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Looks like James found another King V, check the video at 2:21.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k8xipvEWQjc

Comment

Whats James holding @ 2:22?

Comment

I thought Death Magnetic was D stanard I have never played along to it I just heard that and it sounds looser like it is is downtuned. Ughhhh if it is then that sound is worse to my ears than I thought. I thought it had an excuse.
                I keep the bible in a pool of blood
                So that none of its lies can affect me

Comment

I thought DM was standard E. I never did buy that, but I downloaded a less-compressed version, maybe the guitar hero tracks or something. I've got it somewhere on my computer or phone.

Comment

I know live they would play most DM songs in E flat. There was a video on MetClub talking about different tunings, and their live rig.
                    Last edited by themisfit138; 08-24-2016, 03:42 PM.

Comment

We never got a good look at the headstock but it does have sharkies. Also, he was using the "crunch berries" IIC+ again. It sounded like the studio tone is much better than the album tone.

Comment

I just came here to post about that! If you look in some of the shots, you can see the faint "J" of the Jackson logo, and obviously some tape over the rest. Anyone know anything about this guitar?
                        Imagine, being able to be magically whisked away to... Delaware. Hi... Im in... Delaware...

Comment

In one of the shots you get a pretty good look at the one wing, and it is pretty beat up. Is it the Jackson from the Puppets era?

Last edited by themisfit138; 08-27-2016, 03:41 PM.

Comment

Yes, the same guitar. Old-school RR/KV control route, one knob removed, 22 frets, stoptail. People have said it was broken, others say it was stolen.

Comment

In that bottom pic, James reminds me of Rudy Schenker.

Comment

Originally posted by toejam View Post
                                People have said it was broken, others say it was stolen.
                                ESP conspiracies
                                sigpic
                                Action Jackson

Comment

Working...
                                X