Holy Shit ! Metallica - Wired to Self Destruct

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Holy Shit ! Metallica - Wired to Self Destruct

A new Metallica song called Wired to Self Destruct just came out today. It sounds like it could have come off the Ride the Lightning CD. Definitely a step back towards "old school" Metallica. It's not quite as polished and drawn out like stuff of Master of Puppets but it would feel right at home on Ride the Lightning........... hell, maybe even Kill 'Em All.

I'm actually looking forward to the new CD coming out in November.

Sounds like modern Metallica with a hint back to the old school. First time I've actually liked a Metallica song in a long time.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uhBHL3v4d3I
    I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

LOL, now I know why the radio song sounded like the vocals were cutting out:

"We're So Fucked", "Shit Out of Luck"...............

New CD comes out November 18th.

Comment

It's really a cool tune! I dig the short double bass parts towards the end. Lars is starting to get back in shape a little bit.

Hetfield's new guitar isn't that bad, either. http://www.espguitars.com/products/1...james-hetfield

Comment

Sounds like Metallica is having a mid life crisis. lol
          The 2nd Amendment: America's Original Homeland Defense.

Comment

LOL ! The song has only been out a few hours and there are already guitar and drum covers on YouTube. Damn does the internet move fast.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=liiF_vM9FEw

Comment

Wow... I'm actually impressed. Been a long time since I said that about a Metallica song.
              WTF is up with Kirk? Guess he gave up on trying to keep the hair black. Embrace the gray!
              -Rick

Comment

Ugh hate to be negative music guy but.... The good- they fixed Lars's snare. The bad.... Kirk lays down a scratch track for his "solo" and says "good enough".... No melody (I know, it's METAL!). Guitars are generally farty sounding (didn't like them on DM either). And listen to the riff at 1:30. Now go play it, but groove the first 2-3 notes. Sandman! They even used a fuckin strobe light.

Neutral observation- even when Kirk plays a Gibson V he plays an ESP.

Going to have a drink and give it another listen.

Comment

Yeah, the guitars are a little farty sounding and similar to DM, need a little bit more gain and beef. Overall, I dig it, though.

Comment

I totally missed that Kirk did a "solo", if that's what the was.
                    -Rick

Comment

It's solid, the music sounds like a blast from the past, buts it's definitely James' more modern style of vocals, really annunciating syllables on the beat or something that he does
                      Jackson KV2
                      Jackson KE1T
                      Jackson KE1F
                      Jackson SL1

Comment

Like it! As Larz said above sounds like a "blast from the past"! \m/
                        JB aka BenoA

Clips and other tunes by BenoA / My Soundcloud page / My YouTube page
                        Guitar And Sound (GAS) forum / Boss Katana Amps FB group

Comment

Not bad!

Comment

I read a defense from someone (dunno if it was here) that their music changed because at a certain age, your too old to play the angry teenager and 'old skool fans' should accept this and move on

...whoever that was looks like a bloody idiot now
                            "There's nothing taking away from the pure masculinity I possess"

-"You like Anime"

"....crap!"

Comment

It's ok... But I'll take new Overkill and old Metallica any day
                              -------------------------
                              Blank yo!

Comment

Working...
                              X