X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Nimitz View Post
    +1

old friend just sent me the Load cd for my birthday, fudgin love that album
    Load is a great album, and most of the demo versions are better than what they put on the album.

Comment

Grew on me somewhat. Still irritated by tone and half assed solo, but I'd be remiss if I didn't say I appreciate guys worth hundreds of millions making an effort to put out new music and not just going on an oldies tour or shutting it down. Keep hacking away boys, keep giving us things to listen to and talk about.

Comment

Originally posted by Sunbane View Post
        Hate the guitar sound. Where did they put their tube screamers?
        Yes! I like the song, I fucking love Lars's drumming on it but that guitar tone? It fucking sucks - both James and Kirk need to get more gain!
        http://www.amazon.co.uk/Steven-A.-McKay/e/B00DS0TRH6/

http://http://stevenamckay.wordpress.com/

Comment

Originally posted by VoiceX3 View Post
          Kirk tried a solo without that god forsaken Wah pedal, but maybe he shouldn't have because that solo is certainly the weak link.
          I think it's alright, it just needs more gain and a better ending. Just fizzles out.
          http://www.amazon.co.uk/Steven-A.-McKay/e/B00DS0TRH6/

http://http://stevenamckay.wordpress.com/

Comment

It's missing one of the most important ingredients of their early thrash days...melody.

Sounds too St. Anger-ish to me. Contrived. Can't hum any of that stuff.
            96xxxxx, 97xxxxx and 98xxxxx serials oftentimes don't indicate '96, '97 and '98.

Comment

It's ok, but I couldn't help thinking that I heard this song before. Basically sounds like they took elements from a couple of other songs and added different lyrics. Kind of underwhelming for something they have been working on for so long.

Comment

Originally posted by artonsafari View Post
                The solo and his notebook paper snare and kick heads.
                Definitely aimed at high school kids looking for an anthem that captures their anger.
                Oooh, and swearing too, great, that'll show The Man. I hope they bring out a t-shirt which says "Fuck" or Cuntybollocks" on it, so everyone can see how much of a rebel I am.
                So I woke up,rolled over and who was lying next to me? Only Bonnie Langford!

I nearly broke her back

Comment

Originally posted by Rsmacker View Post
                  Oooh, and swearing too, great, that'll show The Man. I hope they bring out a t-shirt which says "Fuck" or Cuntybollocks" on it, so everyone can see how much of a rebel I am.
                  Nice to see you, sparky.

Comment

Just clicked a link to Reddit. People are absolutely gushing over this track. I don't get it. The intro is a slight variation of holier than thou. Surprised no one has picked up on that. The main riff sounds like an old Exodus bridge. Can't quite put my finger on it. It'll come to me.
                    Hate to be "that guy"
                    1+2 = McGuirk, 2+4 = She's hot, 6-4 = Happy McGuirk

Comment

Here's a live version, first time they played it. Even though its a crappy cell vid, I actually think it sounds better live than studio because you cant quite hear the awful guitar tone.

Imagine, being able to be magically whisked away to... Delaware. Hi... Im in... Delaware...

Comment

The more I listen to it, the more I like it. Listened to it a few times with my cheap Samsung ear buds using Spotify and it sounds not too bad. The tune has probably been quickly mixed for decent streaming through all those new media sharing app.
                        JB aka BenoA

Clips and other tunes by BenoA / My Soundcloud page / My YouTube page
                        Guitar And Sound (GAS) forum / Boss Katana Amps FB group

Comment

I think they sat down and said: "Hey, let's go for a farty guitar sound. That will piss all the old-school fuckers right off."

Comment

Here's a much better vid of the live version from that show. I think I might actually go buy this. I hope the rest of it has the same intensity. Imagine this song with the Kill Em All production value and I think it would fit right in that first album.

My Toys:
                            '94 Dinky Rev. Purple Burst Flame Top
                            '94 Dinky Rev. Cherry Burst Flame Top
                            '94 Dinky Rev. Purple Burst Quilt Top
                            '94 Dinky HX in Black
                            '12 ESP Mii NTB in Black

Comment

Holy shit, that live version is killer!
                              I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

I just saw them play this live Saturday. I really like the song a lot and they kicked the shit out of everyone at our new stadium.
                                H3LL IS HOME!!!

Comment

Working...
                                X