No announcement yet.

new Ghost album is really good

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I heard them before I saw them...luckily. Imagine MY surprise!

Lots of MF influence (Shadows-type) -- but yeah...definitely their own thing on. And KILLING IT for sure!

Comment

Don't forget to tune in tomorrow night(Monday) for the Grammy's to see if Ghost wins "Best Metal Performance". Can you imagine Papa Emeritus III walking down the isle, up to the stage and up to the podium at the Grammy's in full Satanic Pope garb ? Just to see the horror on the face of Taylor Swift, Beyoncé, etc. would be priceless.

Comment

Originally posted by lepard View Post
        Don't forget to tune in tomorrow night(Monday) for the Grammy's to see if Ghost wins "Best Metal Performance". Can you imagine Papa Emeritus III walking down the isle, up to the stage and up to the podium at the Grammy's in full Satanic Pope garb ? Just to see the horror on the face of Taylor Swift, Beyoncé, etc. would be priceless.
        Do they they actually present the "Best Metal Performance" on the TV broadcast any more?

Comment

LOL at the grammy's - what a joke.
          always has been, always will be.
          the guitar players look damaged - they've been outcasts all their lives

Comment

Originally posted by skorb View Post
            LOL at the grammy's - what a joke.
            always has been, always will be.
            Jethro Tull doesn't think so

Comment

Ghost got it. Thank God it was at least a good song this year.

I was personally hoping LoG would've taken it, but Ghost is far better than the alternatives.

Comment

Holy Shit !!!! Ghost won, video of them accepting:

http://www.metalinjection.net/metal-...performance-is

Comment

Hah Grammy Award Winning Ghost. How about that?

i watched their acceptance speech. About 10 seconds long to near silence. Of course if Beyoncé or Beiber came out, flipped her hair and gave a "fierce" look the house would come down.

Don't mean to change a discussion on Ghost's victory to a "GET OFF MY LAWN YOU KIDS" rant on music and culture but....music and culture is reduced to just platitudes and poses with low levels of talent, or talent being purely besides the point.

Some of the best musicians in the building take the stage, not wearing a meat dress or giving a black power salute or shirtless, but in something interesting nevertheess. Oh, and they can play instruments! Pretty well too!

A smattering of polite applause. Barely polite.

No, no, no, I do not need approval by a bunch of shitheads of my pet band. It's not butthurtedness. I wouldn't have cared if they lost. But seeing what makes the clap-clap you go! crew go berserk vs what doesn't is instructive.

Anyway! Congrats to Ghost. They earned this and more. What a terrific band doing something really interesting.

Comment

The crowd had no idea what to make of them, besides the 6 or 7 people in the back.
                    Would have been great to have had them preform.
                    Any way you could possibly put more shit into your sig?

Comment

Originally posted by DRM View Post
                      Ghost got it. Thank God it was at least a good song this year.

I was personally hoping LoG would've taken it, but Ghost is far better than the alternatives.
                      I love LoG but that wasn't really their best effort imho. Ghost definitely deserved the award more imho.
                      I keep the bible in a pool of blood
                      So that none of its lies can affect me

Comment

Originally posted by Vass View Post
                        Congrats to Ghost. They earned this and more. What a terrific band doing something really interesting.
                        +1! Diggin' them a lot!
                        JB aka BenoA

Clips and other tunes by BenoA / My Soundcloud page / My YouTube page
                        Guitar And Sound (GAS) forum / Boss Katana Amps FB group

Comment

Well deserved win.... FOR ONCE. I never watch the Grammy's it's really a JOKE.....but I would have this time. A TRUE WIN for Ghost.
                          Kahler...Killing guitar values DEAD since 1981.

Comment

Wow a rare win for the good guys!

Comment

I guess for the burp and growl types it's a bit much- saw a comment on a site that escapes me that cracked me up- called it merry go round calliope metal. Fuckin stupid as shit but damn it made me laugh.

Comment

Originally posted by Vass View Post
                                I guess for the burp and growl types it's a bit much- saw a comment on a site that escapes me that cracked me up- called it merry go round calliope metal. Fuckin stupid as shit but damn it made me laugh.

No different than calling others "burp & growl types"...some folks like Ghost others do not...neither is correct & neither is stupid as shit....sometimes ya feel like a nut...

Comment

Working...
                                X