Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by markD View Post
    HAHAHAHA - it's different, for sure....

Check out THIS one - it's current, but a little out there....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nRJwTS_2M5M
    I'll check that one out later this evening.
    \m/ Thrash Zone \m/

Comment

Originally posted by markD View Post
      Bill is talking about this Coven....

cool shit.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OWNOpzwfdAY
      Yes Mark...The original "Black Sabbath" . Even tho things worked out for Tony 'nubs Iommi and co. That sheet metal accident was the big bang of Heavy Metal! I don't think Polka Tulk, in E standard would have made an impact.
      "Bill, Smoke a Bowl and Crank Van Halen I, Life is better when I do that"
      Donnie Swanstrom 01/25/06..miss ya!

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

I've known about these guys for a couple years but never really "got it" with them. They are so different, so out of the ordinary, you really need to listen to them several times and watch a few of their videos to even be able to start to clue in on what Ghost is all about. There were a few brilliant songs on the 1st 2 CD's but not a whole killer package until this latest CD, Meliora.

Meliora is just absolutely brilliant from start to finish. It seems to be a bit more rock/metal oriented with amazing song writing, killer riffs and some great production. If you want to attempt to get into Ghost, start with Meliora. Hell, I'm loving the shit out of it and I don't even know what "Meliora" means.............

Comment

I love 'em all. It's perfect for Halloween..October. Lepard, I felt the same about Type O - 20 years ago. But now they're just part of the mosaic of everything awesome about music like this ..especially this time of year.

But everyday is Halloween for me. Especially Christmas. Bugs Bunny used to say to Elmer Fudd "Poor Lil Nimrod". That didn't make sense. Until recently. Now I say that to my bro-in-law born on Christmas.

My son was supposed to be born on Halloween, but the lil' fuck could wait. So he came out 4:44 pm on 27th, 21 yrs. ago.

I wanted his name to be Vincent Price Zurlo. My wife was against. He tells my wife he wishes it was. That's what happens when people don't listen. I should have named my son Richard, because I always called him Dick!

I have ALL 3 Ghost BC CDs playing on rotation. Great music to my exact belief system. That's a win/ win/ for Satan!

But Satan hasn't won until they show the bloddy cross scene from The Exorcist on TV. That movie is almost forty years old. Still the bloody cunts need to edit the most powerful scene from that masterpiece!

I think they should just play that part as a loop all day on TV. Did you know that The Omen theme basically repeats "Hail Satan" in latin. 6 flags is playing that now as we speak. My son is there. No the jokes keep writing themselves.

>>> https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ave_Satani

Ave Santanas !!

No... Carlos Santana is not his real name. I have his soul in my pocket with ..fuzzy lint.

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

I think I need a Ghost "Nameless Ghoul" mask for Halloween. I already got one of these for this year:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zSF_bfEfFrQ

Or even better, can you imagine showing up to a Halloween party as Papa Emeritus ?

Comment

That's cool !! ..I gotta old pic somewhere.

Halloween party. In Formal Black suit, White Collar, Large Inverted Crucifix, just glued horns to my head..

I dressed like I always do..just add cross/horns. That slight difference if everything.

I looked like St. LaVey

Comment

For anyone who hasn't checked out their earlier stuff, "Ritual" off Opus Eponymous is retardedly catchy and will be in your head all week. Not in a bad way either. Brother Bill's wife approved!

Comment

While I LOVE the new album, "Ritual" is BY FAR my favorite song of theirs. My wife digs it too. She often sings it when she is putzing around the house.
                  GEAR:

some guitars...WITH STRINGS!!!! most of them have those sticks like on guitar hero....AWESOME!!!!

some amps...they have some glowing bottle like things in them...i think my amps do that modelling thing....COOL, huh?!?!?!

and finally....

i have those little plastic "chips" used to hit the strings...WHOA!!!!

Comment

what did we do to are wives..we corrupted them!! AWESOME!!

They are the Devil's concubine!!.....

Comment

I like that all members wear one part of the Pentagram. All work together to as one perfect unit.

Comment

The 2nd Amendment: America's Original Homeland Defense.

Comment

Xeno..I remeber The End records selling Devil Doll stuff. Pretty cool..Thanks.

Ghost got a tad heavier with each album. Their first is pretty dry, like crunch channel tone. Then guitars became tad heavier..with each release.

Their first seems to be my favorite. I love all 3, but hard to beat the hook "Ritual" has..on first listen.

Comment

Originally posted by horns666 View Post
                            but hard to beat the hook "Ritual" has..on first listen.
                            I will give this a listen! I tried a few songs out a few years back and felt it was not quite there yet... However on a recommendation of Brother Ralph ~ I gave "from the pinnacle to the pit" a spin and am hooked like a junkie!! I'll be giving all this shit another listen!
                            Enjoying a rum and coke, just didn't have any coke...

Comment

Originally posted by lepard View Post
                              I think I need a Ghost "Nameless Ghoul" mask for Halloween. I already got one of these for this year:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zSF_bfEfFrQ

Or even better, can you imagine showing up to a Halloween party as Papa Emeritus ?

Which Papa? i believe they are on #3 now
                              In the future though I need to remember to not buy guitars while on Nyquil

Comment

So, I'm going to have to give it a few days and go back and listen to Ghost again - I was lead to believe they were a hard core black metal band, and that's honestly what I was expecting until I saw pics of Izzy Hale back stage at one of their shows. then I scratched my head and went and found a video. So totally nothing at all of what I expected. not saying it's good or bad, just saying I was so shocked by the music that it'll take me a little bit to try and listen to it again. was in the entirely wrong mental musical state for what i got. it's like expecting to be kicked in the dick and get donkey punched instead
                                In the future though I need to remember to not buy guitars while on Nyquil

Comment

Working...
                                X