new Ghost album is really good

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• new Ghost album is really good

I know Ghost is a love'em or hate'em band but I love'em.

this is the one band I've been excited about in, like forever.

the new album Meliora is just more of everything heavier and better. some really good songs and riffs. vocals are insane. choral backing vocs are all over it. very creative songwriting.

I'm seeing them in LA in October. and they rip live, super tight.

anybody else like this band and their unique approach?

[IMG][/IMG]
    the guitar players look damaged - they've been outcasts all their lives

I LOVE this band. JeffB turned me on to them when he sent me a shit-load of doom CDs. I have been digging the acoustic performances too. My wife and I are going to the Tampa show in October. Jeff keeps telling how awesome they are live. We're pumped!
    GEAR:

some guitars...WITH STRINGS!!!! most of them have those sticks like on guitar hero....AWESOME!!!!

some amps...they have some glowing bottle like things in them...i think my amps do that modelling thing....COOL, huh?!?!?!

and finally....

i have those little plastic "chips" used to hit the strings...WHOA!!!!

Comment

+1 for the Ghost love. They're sort of hilarious but the music is great.

Comment

I've heard they are good and King Diamond-ish, I'll check it out.

Comment

Great album. They have an almost 70s sound at times that I really dig.

Comment

OK I've been jamming to this today. I'm really digging it. They don't have a powerhouse vocalist like King Diamond, but musically they are damn tight and the vocal harmonies make up for that. Their dynamics are amazing, hell they almost sound like Seal on "He Is"...right up to the point where it goes into Maiden mode.

Comment

Cool. I picked all three up today. Why do ghost keep writing about me. I did not give them permission..goddammit!

Ritual, is on now..my wife loves this too.
              "Bill, Smoke a Bowl and Crank Van Halen I, Life is better when I do that"
              Donnie Swanstrom 01/25/06..miss ya!

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

Glad Ghost is getting some props. SERIOUSLY talented band with a unique and yet derivative style. Yeah, they got a little Deep Purple, some King Diamond, a little BOC, even some 60's undertones with the Hammond sound workin' there. Saw them live in Philly last year and the place was packed. Ghost tore it up. Sounded just as tight as on recording and even a tad more heavy with the guitars coming out front a bit more. This is a good thing.

Just bummed I can't play them at work- the Satanic schtikt is over the top and hilarious but not everyone gets it.

Comment

I dunno... Yeah. It's really good. Technically it's overall excellent and I like that it reminds me of a lot of different things but I also don't like that it reminds me of a lot of different things. It reminds me I need to catch up on a lot of other bands. When metal starts getting softer and more progressive I'm more into symphonic black metal, goth or enchantress adventure power metal

I listened to a few songs from the Ghost album... then listened to new-ish Sirenia and Epica... and now on a Lacuna Coil playlist. lol At least it inspired me.
                  The 2nd Amendment: America's Original Homeland Defense.

Comment

Xeno and I seem to be kindred of thy lefteth, blackest patheth. Hey I'm listeneing to Opera IX, The black oprera..

ATTENTION..I thought this band was 100& hype via TMS and mysterious members ect. That's kinda true. But..

Ghost is EXACTLY how I personaly approach songwriting. Very radio freindly , pop formula. I hate long winded shit. I have the attention span of a gnat. Tho nothing I'd write could ever be radio. Ghost is CATCHY as fuck. You're hooked on first listen. It's silly simple, but amazing. Proving that you do not have to be a virtuoso to creative. Pete Steele said something to the sort. Type O -. So many old school influences in this Satanic soup. Old Merciful Fate + BOC, old Sabbath, Lady Jynx (The protype of Satanic Witch metal) ) COVEN did this entire Satan, LaVey thing on stage in the late 60's...ect. But Black Sabbath got a bunch of shit for it..that don't make sense. Coven's Black Sabbath came out first on Warner Bros..Sabbath didn't get their name from said Boris Karloff movie...great movie, 3 shorts. The label bought the name and made a deal with the devil (walt disney) to sing with his orchestra on "One tin soldier" Theme song to Billy Jack movie. It was pretty big hit then. I remember hearing on the radio as a kid, and they made the Billy Jack's I think. I like his style. I actually did that kinda shit.

Lady Jynx was/is the real deal. This all came from her..+ Rosemary's Baby, The Excorcist, The Omen, (Satanic Panic) 70's movie inspired many Satanic bands and singers Dio's horns (miss them everyday). My grandma did Malocchio (evil eye) too, and I still use it, to curse or cure. Black Metal singers sound like a posessed Regan, blasphemy...corpse paint..death mask ..et.

Sorry, Satan get's me goin..I love her.

This stuff is just fun as hell. Especially during my favorite time of year. Oddly, I believe in everything they write lyric wise. But only I seem know Lucifer/Satan is a woman. C'mon God's, most beautiful angel for himself..what is he gay? Alpha and Omega. I mean WTF?!! Domestic Violence in heaven, and all hell breaks loose. Police respond too assist all wearing St Michael pendants. Officer Michael tells Satan , (scorned wife) she must leave. Read between the lines man! The prophets, and gods are all cut and paste, and completely fictional, but there's one common enemy SATAN. So she's forced to watch his retarded kids. An angry stepmom and enjoying his asshole children fight. Look at this world. I mean was there ever peace among humans. Cain/Able metaphor...ever? As a whole this is Planet Kaos, and I like it. But I ruled my world. I used to pee in the holy water as a kid, and eat stacks of eucharist like fuggin' Pringles, just because. I could die happy. There's a bit of truth to every lie.

Oh...I'm so cool, and so are you fucks. ..just because.

This stuff is great to hum along, and rock to. I haven't heard hard rock/metal this fun in a long time. Especially this time of year..I HATE summer. Curse the day bless the night!

"The beauty of this is its simplicity".. Walter Sobak, The Big Lebwoski

Rev. Bill Z Bub...

"Bill, Smoke a Bowl and Crank Van Halen I, Life is better when I do that"
                    Donnie Swanstrom 01/25/06..miss ya!

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

Coven was pretty great, a bit before my time though, but it certainly did inspire some of what I like. You must like Devil Doll... Strange lovely music. lol
                      The 2nd Amendment: America's Original Homeland Defense.

Comment

Coven \m/ Blessed is the Black album , Creature of Duty, Mc Donaldland Massacre & last but not least Iron Dick got that shit on a tape trade BITD. But I think we are talking about 2 different Covens.
                        Last edited by Jackson8090s; 09-28-2015, 06:36 AM.
                        \m/ Thrash Zone \m/

Comment

Bill is talking about this Coven....

cool shit.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OWNOpzwfdAY
                          GEAR:

some guitars...WITH STRINGS!!!! most of them have those sticks like on guitar hero....AWESOME!!!!

some amps...they have some glowing bottle like things in them...i think my amps do that modelling thing....COOL, huh?!?!?!

and finally....

Comment

I'm glad ya'll are enjoying that.
                            \m/ Thrash Zone \m/

Comment

HAHAHAHA - it's different, for sure....

Check out THIS one - it's current, but a little out there....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nRJwTS_2M5M
                              GEAR:

and finally....

Comment

Working...
                              X