Got my JVM

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by PowerTube View Post
    I owned a 2210 for over a decade and I recently bought a JVM. I'll take the JVM all day.
    The last JVM that I heard was one of the nicest sounding Marshall amps I have ever heard.

Comment

I've managed to spend about 10 minutes playing with the JVM so far, but I'm about to spend the entire evening with it. So far, I'd say it's very similar to the 6100 in terms of the type of gain, and the overall character of the sound (at least with the mid to high gain tones). It's definitely a Marshall, and not trying for that typical Rectifier type modern high gain. It has more gain on tap than the 6100, which is kind of redundant, but it's nice to have the versatility. I am very impressed by all the options on the amp. It's really cool how you set a particular channel up, and when you switch back to that channel it remembers if you had the reverb on, what mode you are in, which master volume you were using, etc.. I haven't tried out the effects loop yet, but it seems to be similar to the loop on the 6100. Anyway, the wife's leaving for work now, so I'm gonna make some noise.
      Sleep!!, That's where I'm a viking!!

http://www.myspace.com/grindhouseadtheband

Comment

Nice! I will probably end up going with the JVM.

Comment

Stack-o-Marshall

Wish I had 5 more cabs so I could have 3 full stacks.
          Sleep!!, That's where I'm a viking!!

http://www.myspace.com/grindhouseadtheband

Comment

So, I did a few mods to the JVM. Damn, did it open up the amp and make it a lot more JCM like. I did the negative feed and Plexi mods. And will be putting a 10henry choke on soon.

Comment

Originally posted by themisfit138 View Post
              So, I did a few mods to the JVM. Damn, did it open up the amp and make it a lot more JCM like. I did the negative feed and Plexi mods. And will be putting a 10henry choke on soon.
              which JVM do you have?
              I have a 210H and I'm planning on doing the 2 mods you did plus the gain reduction mod.
              so what did you notice that's different/better with the amp after the mods?
              I'm loving mine with the old JCM800 cab I found locally
              Last edited by kmanick; 02-11-2015, 10:26 AM.
              If this is our perdition, will you walk with me?

Comment

I like the JVM's a lot.
                Really? well screw Mark Twain.

Comment

Originally posted by kmanick View Post
                  which JVM do you have?
                  I have a 210H and I'm planning on doing the 2 mods you did plus the gain reduction mod.
                  so what did you notice that's different/better with the amp after the mods?
                  I'm loving mine with the old JCM800 cab I found locally
                  I have a 410H which I am running through a Mesa 2x12 with EVM12Ls. I did the mods in stages so I could actually hear what was going on.
                  The negative feed back mod I added a 174k ohms resistor in R58(stock is 82k), it made the amp sound a lot more raw and open/ less compressed. There is more power amp crunch added to the tone.

On the Plexi mod I added a 1uF cap in parallel with R97, all I noticed from this mod is it made the high end a lot more full and rounded sounding.
                  Last edited by themisfit138; 02-11-2015, 02:08 PM.

Comment

I was planning on having a pot added for the Negative feedback mod, did you add the 174 "to" the 82K or replace it?
                    The Plexi mod is pretty 'standardized" now, the 1Uf cap seems to be the typical
                    value used. I was also thinking of using a pot for the gain reduction mod as well, but I may not need it, somewhere around 47-66K seems to work really well
                    and makes it a lot easier to do (that's for sure)
                    I wish I felt comfortable doing this type of shit on my own I would've already modded the crap out of this thing LOL!
                    If this is our perdition, will you walk with me?

Comment

Man this is making me gas for some Marshall! I used to have a JCM 2000 foolishly sold it I think you replace the 82k not add to it.

Comment

Don't forget the anti-compression mod. Added more low end feel on OD 1 and 2. Also try a set of KT77'S.
                        No honey, I have always had this Jackson....

Comment

Originally posted by kmanick View Post
                          I was planning on having a pot added for the Negative feedback mod, did you add the 174 "to" the 82K or replace it?
                          The Plexi mod is pretty 'standardized" now, the 1Uf cap seems to be the typical
                          value used. I was also thinking of using a pot for the gain reduction mod as well, but I may not need it, somewhere around 47-66K seems to work really well
                          and makes it a lot easier to do (that's for sure)
                          I wish I felt comfortable doing this type of shit on my own I would've already modded the crap out of this thing LOL!
                          I just replaced the 82k resistor with the 174k. That was as close as I could find the the 2203 which is 178k. I thought about adding the pot with the mod, but I like the Kill 'Em All tone I get with the amp now. So, I would never need to adjust the feedback.
                          Some people use the .68uF cap for the Plexi mod also. Those two values seem to be the standard for the mod.
                          Last edited by themisfit138; 02-12-2015, 12:04 PM.

Comment

I installed a 10henry choke today. It really gave the amp a very classic Marshall feel! It has that hotrodded feel to it now. I am truly impressed with this amp now, this is what I was looking for when I bought it.

Comment

I find it to be the very best Marshall amp I've ever played. I think it's versatility is awesome and could be the last amp a metal guy like myself would ever buy. I have considered getting one for quite some time.
                              I may end up with one one day , I still make my rounds on so many others but always find myself thinking about the 410H.

Comment

I've got the lil JVM1 watter and it sounds amazing thru a 4x12 cab, I can only imagine how insane its big brothers sound, gotta love that gain!

Comment

Working...
                                X