No announcement yet.

Got my JVM

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

That's one of my favorite Marshalls. HNAD!

Comment

Originally posted by PowerTube View Post
      Update: I got rid of the RP500. I'm more of a "single pedal" kind of guy. I got a used Boss DD-3 but it's not really doing it for me, so I may look at a replacement.

But I LOVE the JVM!
      Check out the TC Flashback delay. It simulates many types of delay (Digital, analog, tape) and with USB connection can be programmed with the free editor and can save your own preset. If I wasn't using my Axe FX 2 for darn near everything I'd still be quite happy using it in my tube rig.
      GTWGITS! - RacerX

Comment

Originally posted by Hellbat View Post
        Check out the TC Flashback delay. It simulates many types of delay (Digital, analog, tape) and with USB connection can be programmed with the free editor and can save your own preset. If I wasn't using my Axe FX 2 for darn near everything I'd still be quite happy using it in my tube rig.
        ^^^Second this.

Comment

That's one I'm considering, along with an Electro-Harmonix Memory Boy and an MXR Carbon Copy.
          Member - National Sarcasm Society

"Oh, sure. Like we need your support."

Comment

The Flashback can do everything the Memory Boy does +100. I own both. I'd imagine it's the same story with the carbon copy. Don't get me wrong the memory boy is good, but the flashback can totally cop it's sound and features.
            GTWGITS! - RacerX

Comment

I have the Carbon Copy. It certainly isn't a "do everything" delay pedal, but for what it does, it sounds fantastic. I just wanted a simple, good sounding delay that I don't have to spend forever tweaking, and that's what it is.
              Sleep!!, That's where I'm a viking!!

http://www.myspace.com/grindhouseadtheband

Comment

Typically, I'll find my sound on a delay and leave it there indefinitely. I bought the Memory Boy today and it's really nice. I'm not saying that it's better or worse than the others, but I do like it a lot.

Comment

Memory boy is a nice warm analog delay. Like every EHX product it's also capable of producing some 'left field' tones.
                  GTWGITS! - RacerX

Comment

Congrats! I figured youd love it

Comment

The JVM 410 is a great amp. Can you share you favorite setting on the JVM... Also, have you tamed the noise on the Red Channel?

Comment

Originally posted by zeegler View Post
                        I have the Carbon Copy. It certainly isn't a "do everything" delay pedal, but for what it does, it sounds fantastic. I just wanted a simple, good sounding delay that I don't have to spend forever tweaking, and that's what it is.
                        +1 on the carbon copy. I do not have much experience with delay pedals but the ones I did try had too much delay and had a hard time doing that subtle delay I wanted. The CC works very well with my JVM410H.
                        No honey, I have always had this Jackson....

Comment

Originally posted by Radiohead View Post
                          The JVM 410 is a great amp. Can you share you favorite setting on the JVM... Also, have you tamed the noise on the Red Channel?
                          I'm a huge fan of OD1 in Orange (or Amber?) mode. Bass, Treble, and Gain are at about 1:00, Mids are at about 8:00, Volume (Master and Channel) is set for a room listening level.

I've used the Red mode very little, actually.

Comment

Memory boy is a nice warm analog delay. Like every EHX product it's also capable of producing some 'left field' tones.
                            Yeah, I like most of their stuff. I'll eventually get the Ravish Sitar pedal "just because."

Comment

Originally posted by PowerTube View Post
                              I'm a huge fan of OD1 in Orange (or Amber?) mode. Bass, Treble, and Gain are at about 1:00, Mids are at about 8:00, Volume (Master and Channel) is set for a room listening level.

I've used the Red mode very little, actually.
                              Funny, when I first got the amp, like everyone else, started on the OD2 Red. After a few weeks, I kept dialing down the gain and I eventually ended up on the Orange OD1. From the manual, I think the voicing replicates a hot rodded JCM 800. I also really like the Green/Amber mode on Crunch Channel which is a Plexi voiced.

Comment

OD1 Orange could be good enough as standalone.

Comment

Working...
                                X