Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Favorite guitar technique??

Having the nut licked while playing.
    A very inspiring and creative techn that opens endless possibilities. [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]
    Peace, Love and Happieness and all that stuff...

"Anyone who tries to fling crap my way better have a really good crap flinger."

I personally do not care how it was built as long as it is a good playing/sounding instrument.

Yes, there's a bee in the pudding.

Comment

I'd have to say some alternated-picking-groovy-palm-muted rhythm, when it comes to leads probably a perfectly executed vibrato...and also when you have a fluent improvisation nothing really beats that feeling...sweeping is cool, and I love the sound of string skipping (Vai) but I don't master it [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

The best is blending different stuff into something that's perfect for the song...rarely happens though [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Comment

sweeped pinch harmonic tapping runs are the best!

lol @ licking the nut while playing... Genius Soap :P

Comment

Sweep Picking [img]/images/graemlins/band.gif[/img]
          93 USA Soloist EDS
          USA HT6 Juggernaut
          Charvel DK24FR

Comment

Combination of palm muting with pinch harmonics and appropriate levels of Floyd abuse.
            -Rick

Comment

RIPPING! Taps, sweeps, squeals, wide vibrato, and my most favorate, the turn up real loud technique! [img]/images/graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                [ QUOTE ]
                Trying not to butcher everything I play [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

+1

[/ QUOTE ]

+2. BTW, Chuck, puuuuleeeeeeeeease! [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] We've heard your band's stuff. [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] On the other hand, I'd believe you if you recorded something using Bill's pud technique. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
                My future band shall be known as "One Samich Short Of A Picnic"!

Comment

My favorite is the falling-down-the-stairs kinda playing that sounds chaotic and wild (a la EVH).

Comment

Favorite guitar technique??

Hmmn...
                    Nevermind, my mind is in the cutter today.
                    Not that I don't mind. [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]
                    Favorite technique/position?
                    I'm thinking of some stuff right now that has nothing to do with guitar...uh...nevermind.
                    Peace, Love and Happieness and all that stuff...

"Anyone who tries to fling crap my way better have a really good crap flinger."

I personally do not care how it was built as long as it is a good playing/sounding instrument.

Yes, there's a bee in the pudding.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                      Trying not to butcher everything I play [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

+3!

Seriously, string bending, or a good string slide (a la Rhoads) mixed in here and there is good enough for me at my current level of playing inability.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                        Favorite guitar technique??

Hmmn...
                        Nevermind, my mind is in the cutter today.
                        Not that I don't mind. [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]
                        Favorite technique/position?
                        I'm thinking of some stuff right now that has nothing to do with guitar...uh...nevermind.

[/ QUOTE ]

yea dude [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]
                        hahahaha

Comment

Massive whammy bar dips latley also trying to shred and sweep picking. [img]/images/graemlins/headbang.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]

Comment

Ever since I got my Charvies I've started going nuts with the whammy bar. It's like I never realized before how much silly stuff you can do with it. Probably using it too much now...but I guess it's a phase. [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

The one technique I really hate, is sweeping. I can do a decent sweep at a slowish pace, and I'm sure I could get it up to speed with some practice...but they just feel non happening to me...? Like a dead fish in an aquarium? [img]/images/graemlins/scratchhead.gif[/img]

Lately I've been digging into Chris Holmes' legato runs. Fun! But I have to put in some real effort to stop myself from picking here and there (and not just when crossing strings). [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] I also have some real trouble with some of them, because they often sound so "off-tempo" somehow. It's amazing the way Chris does them. His playing is like blazing fire...

Comment

Sweep picking, but I can't do it well, I prefer listening to Petrucci instead. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Comment

my favorite technique is Schenker's style of playing leads and then mixing in 2-string or 3-string attack strums and bends as part of the lead. it just adds a whole nother dimension of richness to the sound coming out.
                                the guitar players look damaged - they've been outcasts all their lives

Comment

Working...
                                X