Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Favorite guitar technique??

Whats yours...
    Mine is vibrato. Horizontal, vertical.. I love it all.

Re: Favorite guitar technique??

playing it well

Comment

Travis pick. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
      Occupation: Department Director for the Department of Redundancy Department

Comment

This week, tapping
        www.kiddhavok.com
        www.youtube.com/kiddhavokband

Comment

SWEEPING :-D always wanted to get good at sweeping, and now that ive worked for a while its pretty decent

Comment

sweeping....i love the sound of quickly played arps, plus it looks cool...unfortunately i can't do it, despite of practicing it for ages

other than that....pinch harmonics....gotta love zakk wylde [img]/images/graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]

Comment

I have a knack for Pinch harmonics and whammy bar techniques..I play with lot's of fire and aggression and always on 10..

I'm not a big fan of Vinnie Vincent but several players mentioned I play like him thru the years..

Ed/Zakk/Dime/LeTekro/Kerry King...that's my school.

I'm not of those sweeping Yngwie neo classical dudes..

There is already too many other guys doing that stuff much better than I could ever do..let them do it. [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
              "Bill, Smoke a Bowl and Crank Van Halen I, Life is better when I do that"
              Donnie Swanstrom 01/25/06..miss ya!

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

bill, you forgot to mention your most impressive technique, the dickslapping [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
                "There is nothing more fearful than imagination without taste" - Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

"To be stupid, selfish and have good health are three requirements for happiness, though if stupidity is lacking, all is lost" - Gustave Flaubert

Comment

Bending and vibrato.

Can make the simplest 3 note licks sound like heaven.
                  You took too much, man. Too much. Too much.

Comment

Trying not to butcher everything I play [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
                    If this is our perdition, will you walk with me?

Comment

Yes E , That's correct I am known to slap the intro to "meanstreet" with my Pud..that little "trick" got me disqualified at Guitarmageddon!!!!

I guess I got carried away..literealy by cops.. [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
                      "Bill, Smoke a Bowl and Crank Van Halen I, Life is better when I do that"
                      Donnie Swanstrom 01/25/06..miss ya!

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                        Trying not to butcher everything I play [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

+1

Comment

improvising, creating on the spot using whatever technique I can. I never broke it down that far to a single favorite certain technique
                          shawnlutz.com

Comment

Palm-muting.

Comment

Bending the strings behind the nut like Jake E. Lee or raking the strings behind the bridge like Zakk Wylde. [img]/images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img]
                              I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Working...
                              X