RP150 Demo... W/Rusty VH Licks hehe

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by khabibissell View Post
    Yeah, JG I appreciate your comments. The "not believing you" thing was just to piss you off... You can be pretty harsh at times when reviewing other people's playing. I know you know what you are doing so it would be more conductive to offer constructive criticism that just automatically say, "That's not even close, thanks for the attempt".

When I post stuff, I want people to step up and say, "I don't like your vibrato" or "the techinque in that solo was sloppy" and tell me why or offer a suggestion rather than the usual love fest that goes on in most cases. It is okay to be critical... Its all in the delivery I guess. We are here to help each other...

Then again I realize that there are times when people are cocky and deserve to get put in their place.

Anyway, its all good.
    Thanks. I appreciate the comments. Its all good here too!! JG

Comment

JG. You know I think your a solid player but you own perception of yourself iseems to be a bit higher than it should. You always come off as thinking of yourself as the best thing since sliced bread and mentioning how much of a child prodigy you were but dude...there is nothing special in that clip ypu posted nor in you fools faith stuff that I heard...although its good, nothing groundbreaking, unique or outstanding Its good but far from GREAT.

Sorry bro...someone needs to bring you back to earth..if you were 1/2 as outstanding as you think you are the world would have heard about ya by now. You have the skillz no dount tho. And before you mention that all my clips suck, I know I suck I'm fully aware of that
      shawnlutz.com

Comment

Originally posted by nhspike View Post
        Anyone into sharing presets? The Digitech website STILL has no area for those who want to share RP150/250/350 presets... Grrrrrr!
        What do you mean? check this out.. message board and presets for the RP pedals. Click on "RP Products" at the top and select the 150 for you. I have an RP250.
        http://www.digitech.com/soundcomm/gu...?productid=226
        DK2M
        Fender Strat (Made in USA)
        Epiphone Les Paul Classic Quilt Top

Comment

Cool Spacelord!
          Thanks a bunch.
          I'll checky out
          "Wow,... that was some of the hardest rockin ever. Hardest to listen too."
          --floydkramer

Comment

Originally posted by jgcable View Post
            All the stories are true. I worked at PowerPlay Studio's in Queens, I did tracks for everybody from Lloyd Price, Ben-E King, Brenda Reed, Billy Ocean, The Fat Boys and many others. I have had a few songs on the radio, my band Aftershock opened for Twisted Sister for a year, I had an interview with Bud Krager who was Foreigners Tour manager and we auditioned to open for them for their Juke Box Hero world tour, I was a semi-finalist to replace Randy Rhoads at the NYC auditions for the Speak of the Devil tour, and I was a child prodigy on piano when I was 10. My teacher was Kramer Neuman and he was pretty famous. I played at Lincoln Center in NYC at a recital as the closing act when I was 10.
            With that said... I agree with you. There are thousands of guitarists who could smoke me any day of the week. Probably 10's of thousands actually.
            I also agree that I never made it in music although I gave it 100% effort from starting to play the piano at 3 years old to when I had to grow up, get married and start a family at 26. I think I came close a few times but I never got that lucky break. Some of the reason was the fact that I should have moved to the west coast back in the 80's. Some of the reason is that I should of been a better bandmate and not such a anal prick. I was very similar to Mark Wahlberg's character in Rockstar. I just didn't get the break that he got in the movie.
            Almost everybody who knows me thinks of me as a musician. I have pretty good cred's in the tri-state area.
            Still.... that doesn't in any way give me the right to bash somebody who is nice enough to post a clip for everyone to enjoy.
            Sometimes I just embarrass myself with the shit comments I make about other guitarists. At the time I am typing the comment or critique I actually think its not that bad.. then I read it over and you guys chime in and I realize I did it again. Being a musician is a blessing and a curse.
            JG
            If that post was true, and not sarcasm, I have to salute your honesty. I also didn't think the track you posted was particularly good. It actually sounded as though you were playing out of time from the backing track and the leadwork was rather boring and generic (and the previous comment about reverb was spot on).
            I thought it was supremely arrogant - and delusional - to post that as though it was on a par with EVH or Vai after having a real, unjustified, go at the thread starter.
            But to read your post here was very honest of you. Must have taken some big balls. Good on you!
            http://www.amazon.co.uk/Steven-A.-McKay/e/B00DS0TRH6/

http://http://stevenamckay.wordpress.com/

Comment

Originally posted by Shawn Lutz View Post
              JG. You know I think your a solid player but you own perception of yourself iseems to be a bit higher than it should. You always come off as thinking of yourself as the best thing since sliced bread and mentioning how much of a child prodigy you were but dude...there is nothing special in that clip ypu posted nor in you fools faith stuff that I heard...although its good, nothing groundbreaking, unique or outstanding Its good but far from GREAT.

Sorry bro...someone needs to bring you back to earth..if you were 1/2 as outstanding as you think you are the world would have heard about ya by now. You have the skillz no dount tho. And before you mention that all my clips suck, I know I suck I'm fully aware of that

I suck too. I just can't accept it. Its a denial thing!! I should have stuck with piano.

Comment

Dude that was fuckin' terrible. A drunk chimpanzee could sound closer by sliding the fretboard up and down between its ass cheeks and recording it.

LOL just kidding, had to have some fun and carry on with the theme of the thread. It sounded pretty good. The effects were a bit heavy but overall the tone was definitely in VH territory, just a touch thin (unavoidable) because its digital. A good tone overall.

Comment

Thanks Mark.

As I said, my VH skills are somewhat diminished... I was just way over-diggin' my RP pedal action.
                  Now... let's all get together and jam.
                  I think it would be fun.
                  Peace, and Merry Christmas/Happy-Slappy New Year to all of you over-sensitive egomaniacs!
                  Don't make me do multiple takes and over-dub!!!
                  hehehehehehehe
                  "Wow,... that was some of the hardest rockin ever. Hardest to listen too."
                  --floydkramer

Comment

Good job man, phaser adjust is needed but you know that by now! Hey Jgcable, I remember Aftershock. I was in Plastic X and Slowpoke back in the day.
                    Charvel 7308 (TMZ 008), Charvel Pro-mod (yellow), Jackson Soloist Custom (Yellow), Jackson SL2H-V Natural, Gibson LPS DB, Gibson LPS EB, Gibson LPCC C, Charvel Model 2 (scalloped), Jackson DK2M (white), Charvel Journeyman, Fender Classic Player 60's strat, Carvin C66, Musikraft strat mutt, Warmoth Strat mutt, Fender MIM Jazz bass, Epiphone Classical, Takamine parlor. Marshall 2203, Marshall JVM 210H, Splawn Nitro, Fender Supersonic 22, Line 6 AX2 212, Marshall 4X12.

Comment

Working...
                    X