RP150 Demo... W/Rusty VH Licks hehe

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RP150 Demo... W/Rusty VH Licks hehe

OK, so my VH is a little rusty... but here's a preset I created in about a minute that seems pretty close to Ain't Talking 'Bout Love.

It's a Digitech RP150 direct to the PC (no amp, just running into the mic input and using Windows Recorder, one take, no edits... as you can tell hehe).

Guitar is a 1985 Tokai AST-55H, stock pickups.

Pedal was $99 brand new, bought it back in Feb.

http://www.4shared.com/file/30168547...Bout_Love.html

Anyone into sharing presets? The Digitech website STILL has no area for those who want to share RP150/250/350 presets... Grrrrrr!
    "Wow,... that was some of the hardest rockin ever. Hardest to listen too."
    --floydkramer

So... I should have done a second take with my Jackson Ontario?
    LOL
    No one else is playing with a Digitech RP150?
    --floydkramer

Comment

I dont use one but that does sound great! Good job!

Id back off the phaser a little more though.
      Imagine, being able to be magically whisked away to... Delaware. Hi... Im in... Delaware...

Comment

Thanks Rob
        <click, click>
        Done!
        --floydkramer

Comment

Freaking dial-up... One of these days, I'll move into the 21st century. But for now, I'll have to wait until I get into work to listen.

joe...
          www.godwentpunk.com
          www.myspace.com/godwentpunk

Comment

Sounds great!

Comment

Thanks GWPunk, andJB, I was getting a little paranoid there for a minute.
              Lot's of views, no comments kinda thingie.
              hehehe

GWPunk, remember, I said my VH was rusty, I mean RUSTY baby.
              LOL
              You try it after 15+ years of playin' blues.
              Now, well, I bought the Jackson and sorta hafta get into it again... State Law!
              hehehe
              Last edited by nhspike; 11-24-2007, 03:29 PM.
              --floydkramer

Comment

Thats not that close.. but thanks for the attempt.

Comment

jg... feel free to post bra!
                  but it has to be one take, and your 10 year old watching you (who can do better!)
                  let's all hear it!!!
                  --floydkramer

Comment

I thought this was about Rusty Cooley doing VH licks.
                    I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

me too!
                      damn
                      he shoud have been there back in the day huh?
                      LOL
                      the girls with the titties had no complaints!!!
                      hehehehhe
                      --floydkramer

Comment

Originally posted by nhspike View Post
                        jg... feel free to post bra!
                        but it has to be one take, and your 10 year old watching you (who can do better!)
                        let's all hear it!!!
                        I don't have to post. My JCF reputation speaks for itself as a player but if you insist... here is a link to a few tracks I spent a few minutes recording. All I used is a Zoom PS04 recorder and my guitar. I just plugged it into my computer and uploaded it. http://www.mp3unsigned.com/showmp3.asp?mp3id=46545

It was a demo I did for the JCF showing the power of the Zoom PS04 digital recorder. You can also check out my band at www.foolsfaith.com

There are a few complete songs and samples of all the rest.

I don't understand you guys sometimes.. You post a clip, you ask for reviews, you then bump your thread wondering why nobody chimed in. I do and I get basted for it. Ain't Talkin About Love is a riff that IMHO.. every metal guitar player should be able to pull off perfectly in their sleep regardless of rust. There is absolutely no excuse for not being able to nail that entire song note for note if you are a half way decent guitarist.
                        Also.. your use of the phaser (or flanger) was off too. Not enough depth, the speed was incorrect too. It has a much slower sweep. You also need to bump up the gain and tighten up the bottom end because the notes really pop on the original recording. Much of that has to do with EVH's style but it also has to do with the gain saturation he had on the original recording.
                        Thanks for posting but please.. don't break my stones about commenting on your clip. Its all good "bra".

Comment

OK, your's is bigger.
                          LOL
                          --floydkramer

Comment

OK, so, seriously, jg, you are way better than I'll ever be.
                            Very nice.
                            My post wasn't about me trying to say my $99 effects pedal was the best ever, or that I was the best ever.
                            And I never busted your balls about anything... EVER.
                            I am interested in people that want to share some presets (since Digitech isn't).
                            Nice playing man.
                            Dont' make me drive down to CT with my 5 kids and hug you!
                            We cool?
                            --floydkramer

Comment

Originally posted by jgcable View Post
                              I don't have to post. My JCF reputation speaks for itself as a player but if you insist... here is a link to a few tracks I spent a few minutes recording. All I used is a Zoom PS04 recorder and my guitar. I just plugged it into my computer and uploaded it. http://www.mp3unsigned.com/showmp3.asp?mp3id=46545

It was a demo I did for the JCF showing the power of the Zoom PS04 digital recorder. You can also check out my band at www.foolsfaith.com

There are a few complete songs and samples of all the rest.

I don't understand you guys sometimes.. You post a clip, you ask for reviews, you then bump your thread wondering why nobody chimed in. I do and I get basted for it. Ain't Talkin About Love is a riff that IMHO.. every metal guitar player should be able to pull off perfectly in their sleep regardless of rust. There is absolutely no excuse for not being able to nail that entire song note for note if you are a half way decent guitarist.
                              Also.. your use of the phaser (or flanger) was off too. Not enough depth, the speed was incorrect too. It has a much slower sweep. You also need to bump up the gain and tighten up the bottom end because the notes really pop on the original recording. Much of that has to do with EVH's style but it also has to do with the gain saturation he had on the original recording.
                              Thanks for posting but please.. don't break my stones about commenting on your clip. Its all good "bra".
                              Dude, you are a piece of work. The guy posted a clip and did ask for comments, but you could have been more helpful in your tone rather than flat out telling him you think it sucks. The only reason you posted any sort of helpful criticism is because you caught flack for your comments. In your original post, you came off like a dick.

Now, since you posted a bit of your "amazing" guitar playing, let me see if I can lend a little criticism of my own. I listened to your first clip and first off, I don't like your tone. The lead is buried in reverb, and it sounds muddy to me, so I can't really tell what you're playing. Your vibrato isn't very controlled (too spastic), and too thin. Your bends are out of tune in places. The phrasing/note choice/quality of the recording did nothing for me, so I didn't bother to listen to the second clip. Basically, it was generic, boring, and didn't offer anything interesting.

Just trying to help!

Comment

Working...
                              X