No announcement yet.

A little Vid Action

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nice work Dave. The drive that this piece has is awesome with a great build through the song. IIRC you said something about lyrics? I'm in awe of the work you put into your songs. Thanks for posting.
    I want to go out nice and peaceful in my sleep like my grandfather, not screaming and hollering like the passengers in his car.

Comment

One question, does a scalloped neck hinder or help pinch harmonics at all?
      I want to go out nice and peaceful in my sleep like my grandfather, not screaming and hollering like the passengers in his car.

Comment

mr.MOSHWITZ you are AWWWWWESOOOOOOOOMEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!gre at riffing

Comment

Originally posted by MOSHWITZ View Post

BTW I can't remember if I mentioned it to you or not but this neck is fully scalloped now ...and EEEEVIIIILLL

Did you scallop it? I would have loved to scallop that neck - no inlays and about a 1/2 inch of ebony to work with if I remember correctly!!!!!!!

Comment

thanks fellas.
            Originally posted by tomanyjacksons View Post
            One question, does a scalloped neck hinder or help pinch harmonics at all?
            I don't really find it help/hurt either way, as they really just come from my picking hand attack. While I don't consider it a "Hurt",, what it does do, is force you to develop independent finger pressure control to keep everything in tune. What it does help with is bends, semi bends, and vibrato. once you develop the feel for it

Originally posted by ulijdavid View Post
            Did you scallop it? I would have loved to scallop that neck - no inlays and about a 1/2 inch of ebony to work with if I remember correctly!!!!!!!
            Yep I did it. It's not as accurately consistent as you would have done, but came out real smooth.

I was just making it as easy as I could on you at the time you built it for me, and didn't know how I was gonna like the 0 radius of the fretboard, but then I got used to it,,then I thought,,
            :idea: I know what this needs...

MOSHON
            DAVE
            "It's because the speed of light is superior to the speed of sound that so many people look shiny before they actually sound stupid"

"All pleasure comes at someone Else's expense"

The internet is where, The men are men, the women are men, and the children are FBI agents.

Comment

OH yeah,,I forgot to mention,,I also moved to a custom gauge of strings 9-13-17-26-36-50 so it has graduated string tension, where they all respectively feel about the same, with out the 2 spaghetti feeling strings,,,I mean have you ever looked at the tension's they list on the back of the packages? WTF,,were they thinking? :think:Who the hell put these sets together?..The assholes in marketing,, with a number wheel dartboard

I always felt there was something off with the way sets felt and was always trying to play around with the gauges to get the right feel out of custom this, and heavy/light that,,,and tried the different sets and singles,,and wasn't till I really started to study the tensions of the different gauges at pitch that it started to make sense to me why the prepackaged sets always felt kinda strange..

anyway,, for example
              (each calc gives slightly different vals. but are usually pretty close...use more than one then average the results to get your set) this set is like a set of 10's with a 9 for the hi-E and a 50 for the low-E which gives the tensions of

E .009" PL == 13.13# ( 0.0032gm/cm 329.6hz )
              B, .013" PL == 15.38# ( 0.0067gm/cm 246.9hz )
              G, .017" PL == 16.57# ( 0.0114gm/cm 196.0hz )
              D, .026" PB == 19.81# ( 0.0244gm/cm 146.8hz )
              A,, .036" PB == 21.87# ( 0.0479gm/cm 110.0hz )
              E,, .050" PB == 23.41# ( 0.0914gm/cm 82.4hz )
              total == 110.18#
              Which I find give a great balanced feel.

I'm undecided which i like better for the7string low B though,,,

B,,, .068" PB == 23.34# ( 0.1623gm/cm 61.7hz )
              B,,, .070" PB == 24.5# ( 0.1704gm/cm 61.7hz )

It didn't take long to get used to the change and really start to dig it,,,give it a try and see. everyone owes it to themselves to look into tension and find what suits them and not just take what is handed to you from the prepackaged sets.

Ok,, carry on,,I'm gonna go JAM now and maybe vid something else

MOSHON
              DAVE
              Last edited by MOSHWITZ; 11-25-2012, 02:03 PM.
              "It's because the speed of light is superior to the speed of sound that so many people look shiny before they actually sound stupid"

The internet is where, The men are men, the women are men, and the children are FBI agents.

Comment

Holy shit Dave, that's slicker than an oil spill. More please.

Comment

HOLY SHITTT!!! DAVE, I think this is the first time I've seen this thread!! Not sure how I missed it but Great riffing as usual and that guitar looks killer!! Awesome!!
                  Sam

Comment

Thank you Gents

MOSHON
                    DAVE

Comment

Great as usual Dave!!!
                      Really? well screw Mark Twain.

Comment

Very nice Dave, hell I was even digging the vibe enough to come up with some lyrics .... A few well placed china hits and this would completely be my shit!!!!
                        Enjoying a rum and coke, just didn't have any coke...

Comment

Aw hell, Dave....you just made me think I should not be allowed to own a guitar with my lack of skills!
                          That was seriously impressive. Post up some more!
                          My Gear: Stoneman SG-1, Hufschmid Tantalum H6, ESP KH-6, Sully #8 JCF One-Off, Templar GuitarWorks Relic Prototype, James Hetfield Tribal Hunt KL Explorer, Coobeetsa CCG-10-DX PRO Eagle, Schecter Hellraiser C-1 Hybrid, Daly Heiro Custom, Gibson Les Paul Custom, Gibson SG Menace, Peavey Vypyr 60 Tube

"You are dog shit in my shoe." -Newc

Comment

thanks

Yeah, it's still catchy and I still groove when I'm playing it, and I'm not sick of it yet, so that's my sign that it is a pretty solid piece

DalyTek,, Naaaa brother, I see guys on Youtube, and hear guys mixing on the Andy Sneap forum every day that make me feel like such a fuggin hack some days I just look over at my rig, shake my head and walk away,,,, so it's all good ...we all just press on

MOSHON
                            DAVE

Comment

how am I just hearing this now. Fuckin awesome...these kinda vids are the reason im afraid to record anything LOL

Rock on
                              Haters gonna hate
                              Dilluting the brand one MUTT at a time.

Comment

Why thank you sir

MOSHON
                                DAVE

Comment

Working...
                                X