A little Vid Action

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by RacerX View Post
    Check out the homage to the "guys with a glass window crossing the street" scene!
    Ron, when you say `homage`... Did the dude get killed doing that stunt?

Comment

I like how back then there was no expectation of the cops calling off the chase if the suspect got irrational.

Also, poor Ferrari!
      GTWGITS! - RacerX

Comment

Originally posted by Mr Sandman View Post
        Ron, when you say `homage`... Did the dude get killed doing that stunt?
        :think: http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/homage

Couldn't find a good definition for "film homage" but I doubt the stuntman was killed - if you look closely you can see his clothes look quite padded!

Also, if a stuntman does die while filming a movie, IMDB will usually note that.
        "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

Originally posted by RacerX View Post

Also, if a stuntman does die while filming a movie, IMDB will usually note that.
          OK Ron, thanks for letting me know about IMDB...

BTW, If you happen to be a movie buff and a fan of the `Road Warrior` series there was some `word of mouth` stuff (before the internet) from people who worked on the crew about some of the things that happened during the filming of the final chase scene in Mad Max 2...
          That red GT (with the side pipes) ended up going in front of the truck, that dune buggy that rolled continuously was`nt meant happen, the mohawk biker that went flying through the air was`nt meant to happen or so the stories go... IMDB does`nt mention any of these things and I won`t use the word `death` either cause IMDB does`nt say this so I won`t say that either.
          The versions with the original Aussie audio are the best though...

I better get off this thread now...

Comment

Sup?

Hey,,I remember that movie,,,,,good flick

Since I was asked off board,,,The P'up I am using is a Bare Knuckle Ceramic Warpig.

MOSHON
            DAVE
            "It's because the speed of light is superior to the speed of sound that so many people look shiny before they actually sound stupid"

"All pleasure comes at someone Else's expense"

The internet is where, The men are men, the women are men, and the children are FBI agents.

Comment

Dave !!!

Sup?

I was FINALLY able to WATCH this vid man! John got my PC kickin' ass again. I love the chops man. I'd love to make a day jammin' with you..bouncing stuff at each other. I'd also love to lay the bass for this.

Oh and my kid could join in..He's been killin' on my old 7 string, and his drums are getting dusty. I'd wish he play 'em again. He's 17 now and started drivin' So puss N' weed is all he needs. I just gotta TRY my best to keep him in check!

Cool bro,

BillZ
              "Bill, Smoke a Bowl and Crank Van Halen I, Life is better when I do that"
              Donnie Swanstrom 01/25/06..miss ya!

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

Oh...Robbery theme brings to Megadeth '41 minutes'. We had to watch that vid 1000 times. That was around the time I got on. That and Rodney King..it was a time full of wonderment.
                "Bill, Smoke a Bowl and Crank Van Halen I, Life is better when I do that"
                Donnie Swanstrom 01/25/06..miss ya!

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

Originally posted by jeff b View Post
                  Sounds great man! Very cool riffage!!!
                  +1! Thanks for sharing!

Originally posted by Mr Sandman View Post
                  Instantly brings back memories for me of how many times I`ve watched the opening bank robbery/ car chase scene of the `The Hidden` with the black Ferrari mowing down the wheelchair dude in the park while `On Your Feet` was blasting out through the car stereo...
                  And thanks to whoever brought back that clip from "The Hidden". Made me feel old today! Time flies!
                  JB aka BenoA

Clips and other tunes by BenoA / My Soundcloud page / My YouTube page
                  Guitar And Sound (GAS) forum / Boss Katana Amps FB group

Comment

Originally posted by horns666 View Post
                    Oh...Robbery theme brings to Megadeth '41 minutes'. We had to watch that vid 1000 times.
                    44 Minutes:
                    "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

Sup?

Thanks guys

BILLLLLLLLL... what the Peep is up brother? glad your computer is feeling better

I'd love to
                      do some colab's face to face. Unfortunately the closest I'm coming to Cleveland is a little shitty place called Portsmouth right on the border of Kentucky this summer to visit some in-laws. I like them,, but I absolutely hate that fuggin place. I think I am gonna bring my guitar and Axe-fx with me though so I can at least play to take my mind off all the suck'age.

44 Minutes is one my favorite newer MegaDave tunes,,,but its Really all about the gun fight,,and the actual bank robbery is just incidental information of why these people came to be where they were in the situation they were in.

Mine is actually a shrouded story about the price of the sin of Pride, in that the main guy is so enamored with the seamless execution of his plan that has worked a few times and is working now and ahead of schedule that he misses the smallest of details, that he cant believe what happens when it happens.

Its a real cool story

MOSHON
                      DAVE
                      "It's because the speed of light is superior to the speed of sound that so many people look shiny before they actually sound stupid"

The internet is where, The men are men, the women are men, and the children are FBI agents.

Comment

A little vid action UPDATE..

I was making a couple reference vids for an old friend who wanted them,but mainly for myself, cause I found a box recently with a bunch of old shit I had recorded( on tape ) and kinda forgot about, and some of the solos and little intricate parts seemed to have slipped away from memory, and now I have to relearn all that shit, so I figured I might ought to start documenting shit so in the future I wont forget it

I have had a few people ask to hear the whole thing so this is the full version of "The Heist" minus the two solos ,,although I forgot the first one was un-muted in the background, but ehhh...:dunno:...fugg'it

Anyway,, Good, Bad, Love it, Hate it, You Suck, whatever... let me know what you think

MOSHON
                        DAVE

Comment

Fucking killer as always man! I love how when you move around, the light reflecting off the finish of the guitar makes it look like lightning!

Comment

Heavy shit Mosh. Makes me smile.

Comment

Really nice Dave. I remember this from a while ago. Was this before the Axe-Fx? Or was this the Engl Savage? Still love the flow of your tunes.

Comment

Thanks guys
                                Originally posted by Evol View Post
                                Fucking killer as always man! I love how when you move around, the light reflecting off the finish of the guitar makes it look like lightning!
                                You ought to see it with some fog and a spotlight..,,I can blind 50 different people at once

Originally posted by axmann View Post
                                Heavy shit Mosh. Makes me smile.
                                Right on brother B.

Originally posted by ulijdavid View Post
                                Really nice Dave. I remember this from a while ago. Was this before the Axe-Fx? Or was this the Engl Savage? Still love the flow of your tunes.
                                Sup John
                                The Axe-Fx is on the bottom right.
                                Must be something else, or maybe just the vid. from the top of the thread, cause I wrote this one earlier this year and was tweaking it when I made that vid. But I may have sent it to you at some point while writing

I shot another reference vid the other day too, for the song "BROKEN ANTHEM" really only you, Bob, and a small hand full of people have even heard that one,, maybe I'll post it up IDK yet.

BTW I can't remember if I mentioned it to you or not but this neck is fully scalloped now ...and EEEEVIIIILLL

MOSHON
                                DAVE

Comment

Working...
                                X