Vick signs with the Eagles

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by atomic charvel guy View Post
    That's bullshit Vass, and you know it!!!
    Henley runs a 14.4- 40 yard dash now, rendering him worthless at this time. "Walsh" invented the West Coast offense way back in the James Gang, it's a perfect fukkin' fit, open your eyes man-lol
    tellin you man next albums gonna be called "dogshit freezes over" you wait and see.

Henley is through anyway- he doesn't have that explosive move from scrimmage anymore- can only get it done on the long runs and down the sidelines, not in the fast lane.

Comment

Vick cannot play in the next preseason game, Aug 27 home game against Jacksonville will be when he can get in a "game"
      Check-it http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WMKmQmkJ9gg

Comment

No I'm a God Damned Jets fan. It's a feeble existence but I love them.
        I'm just a sports freak who thinks Michael Vick is going to be a good player again in time. He's practicing today.

Vasser-
        "Billy" Joe Walsh was the best "player/coach" in the history of the Eagles.
        He was a Desperado, took things to the limit, and never "walked away".
        His revolutionary play-"Funk 49 Razor" changed the game forever. I'm losing it man.
        Not helping the situation since 1965!

Comment

he's lost more than any other athlete in history,you might be right, he may not be changed inside, but i'll bet anyone on this board he doesn't fuck up off the field now after paying for his crime. I think he's too young still to have lost any significant ability. but we'll see soon enough, he'll be on the practice field tomorrow.
          lost more than any athlete is debateable. (Read: mike tyson)
          Its a complete catastrophe. But Im a professional, I can rise above it. LOL

Comment

that's a good one Cliff, I forgot about Mike. Mike is disliked, but Vick will be hated forever. Both of them lost katrillions of dollars, Mike Tyson at least got to spend a lot of his before he went away.

Comment

I was kind of waffling on this after being dead set that he should never be allowed to play in the NFL again, but I think I've just forgotten how strongly I felt about the torture & abuse of the dogs when this was all fresh. Also, wrt to the whole "he's done his time, he deserves a second chance" thing... do schoolteachers who get convicted of felonies get to go back to teaching? Would a lawyer get to go back into practice if he was convicted of the same federal crimes as Vick? I was on another forum where somebody put it into words a lot better than I can:

"Vick's back on track

Ha. When was he ever on track? Michael Vick is a sociopath who repeatedly and consistently tortured and killed dogs. Hanged them from trees, electrocuted them, drowned them. Vick can't get "back on track" because sociopaths are never "on track" in the first place. I watched part of his press conference today and he still doesn't understand what he did wrong - everything he said reinforced the idea that he believes the dog-fighting ring was a tragedy that happened to him, not the dogs.

If you'll remember, Vick was consistently in trouble with the league and the law before the dog-fighting arrest. He knowingly gave women herpes and didn't tell them. (I hadn't heard about this one... http://nbcsports.msnbc.com/id/12468203/) He was arrested at an airport for having a water bottle with a hidden drug compartment. After the dog-fighting reports broke, Vick repeatedly lied about his involvement, only confessing after many friends turned against him. He failed a drug test after the conviction, while awaiting sentencing. (http://www.cnn.com/2007/US/law/09/26/vick/index.html) He is a mess, and always has been. Nothing has changed.

The fact is, Michael Vick has some sort of severe personality disorder and needs professional help."

Time will tell, but going by his track record in which he never learned from any mistakes, he may really be unable to turn his life around even after actually serving time. Think about it... the dude couldn't even pass a fucking drug test when his sentence was undecided and his life was in the balance. I'd be nervous if I was Jeffrey Lurie.

Comment

Originally posted by Ralph E. View Post
                Hey, everyone's entitled to an opinion, I guess the Eagles think it's worth a shot...

I can't stand McNabb or the Eagles, so it's a perfect fit for me
                +100 Fuck the Eagles !

I'm wondering if the front office is having second thoughts about Kolb. Maybe they're not veruy confident he can take over when McNubb gets hurt.

And Vick is not a WCO qb. Timing and quickly making the the correct reads are not his strong suit. He's a great athelete, but not a great qb. He's best used as a gimmick.
                I'm not afraid to bleed, but I won't do it for you.

Comment

Let's see what happens if the Eagles can block for him and actually give him any time back there. Vick did take the falcons to an NFC Cahmpionship game, and he had little protection.

Comment

And was taken down by McNabb ... just saying
                    Let's see what happens if the Eagles can block for him and actually give him any time back there. Vick did take the falcons to an NFC Cahmpionship game, and he had little protection.

Comment

he was taken down by the eagles D.

Comment

Understood, but each was the general/leader of their team respectively.
                        he was taken down by the eagles D.

Comment

Hopefully it will never come to him playing qb for the Eagles. As much crap as McNabb gets in Philly I think that most Eagles fans are smart enough to realize McNabb is MUCH better than Vick at the position.

Maybe Donovan was on board with bringing Vick in so the anti-McNabb crowd will through that venom at Vick instead of him

Either way I'd be happy if Vick never leaves the bench and the Eagles get to the SuperBowl!

Comment

Ultimately it's a football team so they got him as a weapon. Problem is he can't be a weapon for a long time from now. Kind of a mute point til he's cleared for a real game.
                            Originally posted by jcs21 View Post
                            Hopefully it will never come to him playing qb for the Eagles. As much crap as McNabb gets in Philly I think that most Eagles fans are smart enough to realize McNabb is MUCH better than Vick at the position.

Maybe Donovan was on board with bringing Vick in so the anti-McNabb crowd will through that venom at Vick instead of him

Either way I'd be happy if Vick never leaves the bench and the Eagles get to the SuperBowl!

Comment

Well Reid has said in the press conferences that he's a qb, not a running back or wide out. However they also said they had no interest in Vick previously so we see how truthful those can be.

It's a moot point not mute point, but I get what you meant.

Goodell has said that he will decide by the 6th game, so really he could re-instate him at any time he feels that Vick has done what he and the NFL have deemed necessary.

Comment

Sun Dec 6 : Eagles @ Falcons
                                _________________________________________________
                                "Artists should be free to spend their days mastering their craft so that working people can toil away in a more beautiful world."
                                - Ken M

Comment

Working...
                                X