No announcement yet.

Vick signs with the Eagles

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Will there be half-time dog shows in Philly this season?
    I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

I think that it's a bad signing on a couple of levels.

First he's a scumbag as a person, I have no problem with a team signing him, just not the team I root for and support financially. Just as I wouldn't want Stallworth back on a team I root for either, for similar reasons.

Second, he's not a very good quarterback. He's absolutely athletic, but he's a mediocre quarterback at best. The last season he played he didn't crack 53% completion percentage and just under 2300 yards. Sure he can run, but Westbrook and McCoy should handle that part of the offense.

Third, I don't want to see more wildcat offense. That's a garbage offense that should stay in college and on teams that don't have enough talent at qb to run a pro offense. The 2 times at most the Eagles ran it a game was more than enough and they can already use Jackson or Maclin for that.

The Eagles have much more need at tight end, o-line and d-line that they don't need to waste a roster spot with him. I can get it if they think that Kolb is lost for a significant amount of and need a backup, but not Vick.

Comment

McCoy looked fukkin' awesome last night.
        Not helping the situation since 1965!

Comment

Those are good points JCS21, but let's not forget that he can only play in the final two preseason games, and probably won't be reinstated until week 6 of the season, possibly earlier. Your team is set in stone right now barring injury, he's going to be a work in progress. I understand your feeling about the roster spot being taken when you may need help somewhere else, I don't know, I just have a feeling about this guy making a big comeback in time.

Comment

I hear you Tommy, I just think that I'd feel better if he would have signed somewhere else instead of the Eagles.

At least the Phillies are doing well, Cliff Lee is the man!

Comment

Alot of people in philly are not happy about this. the Eagles are even in talks with all of their sponsors and business partners about this whole ordeal. They're asking lots of questions-lol
              Vick has some big guns behind him though, Tony Dungy vouching for him McNabb etc. etc.

Comment

Eagles opening schedule is no picnic-
                Panthers
                Redskins
                Bears
                Falcons
                Giants
                Cowboys

Comment

I think it is a good signing. Philly doesnt have anything to lose. The guy is a playmaker. I bet you will see westbrook, mcnabb, vick on the field at the same time. The Eagles are my superbowl pick for 09-10

Comment

He's a slippery weasel Horse-lol
                    I think it's a great deal at 1.6 million. That's chickenfeed for an NFL team.

Comment

Originally posted by atomic charvel guy View Post
                      Eagles opening schedule is no picnic-
                      Panthers
                      Redskins
                      Bears
                      Falcons
                      Giants
                      Cowboys
                      four of those teams are named after animals - Vick will have no problems

Comment

IMHO, the jury's still out. Although he served his time, I'm not sure this guy has shown any (genuine) remorse, nor will he actually change his morals or lifestyle.

In any event, he's sure to have a target on his back all season long. Wouldn't want to be him when out on the field.

Comment

he's changed his lifestyle completely. He's been and is still under federal supervision.
                          He's broke for the most part, in comparison to what he had, he'd be out of his mind to not stay on the straight and narrow. That's part of my point of why I think he'll be back in time playing well, he's been to prison, worked construction after it, for a guy like that, it's sometimes the only wake up that works.

Comment

Was he a tremendous athelete? Sure, fast, slippery, hard thrower.

A. He never showed that he has a head for the game. The offense that was run with him in Atlanta was rudimentary.

B. The only pass he could complete was over the middle to a huge target with soft hands - Alge Crumpler. Without Alge, he couldn't do anything with his arm.

C. This whole "wildcat" nonsense is just a gimmick. This year it will prove ineffective. Teams have gotten enough of it on film and will be able to lay it out - just like the Run and Shoot.
                            -------------------------
                            Blank yo!

Comment

the run and shoot Oilers were awesome. It was their defense that always let them down in the late 80's early 90's.
                              Vick had no blocking in front of him in atlanta. He was always on the run.

Comment

Dog-gone-it he's gonna have to prove he can handle getting dogged continuously this season...
                                shawnlutz.com

Comment

Working...
                                X