Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What ever happened to the JCF "old timers"??

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Damn that was a long read, all 26 pages though, top to bottom. Real tight knit group we have here.
    HTTP 404 - Signature Not Found

Comment

• So I got an automatic birthday alert in my e-mail today from the JCF and was reminded of this place! Just checking in. I'm probably not an old timer in the JCF community but this forum got me through my university days during the all-too-frequent and excessive self-imposed study break... no wonder I racked up thousands of posts and my grades weren't good enough to get me into medical school!

I stopped acquiring new gear (even new strings, HAHAHAHA) probably in about 2006 (perhaps around the time when I really downgraded my activity here due to life happening) but still have all the pieces in my consciously pared-down arsenal. If you need to talk to someone on how to effectively beat GAS even with the temptation of sufficient disposable income burning a hole in his pocket, I'm your Tyler Durden. :p But then again, this is a gear/guitar forum, so why would anyone want to stop acquiring new stuff?

Damn, I promised myself I'd only check out the forums for a few minutes and I'm already reading a bunch of threads. And I've got less than 5.5 hours until I need to wake up for work. Daaaaaamn...

Comment

• Hey, Alex! Welcome back. Now get some sleep!!
        I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

• Sambora Tamborra (coincidentally both from Sayreville), good to see you are still an Admin here! Equally good to see the ship running smoothly as always. Having run a forum myself, I can definitely appreciate the work involved, so my eternal thanks for this awesome place!

Indeed... time for bed... slightly less than five hours before wake-up time... got the whole weekend ahead to catch up with all the fine folks here! I miss talking about gear! I got a small fix recently when visiting a local music shop where an old classmate is assistant manager... talked gear for an hour when I haven't done so in years... it was like I never stopped following the industry! But man, so much new stuff out there... urge to open wallet RISING!

Comment

• "old timer" is relative, Alex. You were here on day one with the s/w upgrade in 2002, brother. You're old time
            Hail yesterday

Comment

• Christ, would you look at that? Our join dates are November 2002. Hard to believe that was nearly nine years ago... so long ago I can't remember what forum software was used for the previous JCF.

Some random quick memories just came back to me:

-Bill's enormous hangout thread ("Bill's New Home" and whatever incarnations of it there were)

-Swinger chats in the chatroom

-Pics of Newc at NAMM

-Word

-Dross

-That one Vince who claimed he was Dave Mustaine's guitar tech

-Ron having his post count reset (was it just the one time?)

-Ron's Shotgun Soloist

-Ron kicking Ed Roman in the ass

I don't want to repost stuff from the below linked thread, so here it is:

Friggin' hilarious oldschool JCF memories. Such a great community here!

Comment

• Holy shit, I missed the swinger chats in the chat room! I would have liked to have read those.
                "clean sounds are for pussies" - Axewielder

Comment

• Originally posted by Number Of The Priest View Post
                  Christ, would you look at that? Our join dates are November 2002. Hard to believe that was nearly nine years ago... so long ago I can't remember what forum software was used for the previous JCF.

Some random quick memories just came back to me:

-Bill's enormous hangout thread ("Bill's New Home" and whatever incarnations of it there were)

-Swinger chats in the chatroom

-Pics of Newc at NAMM

-Word

-Dross

-That one Vince who claimed he was Dave Mustaine's guitar tech

-Ron having his post count reset (was it just the one time?)

-Ron's Shotgun Soloist

-Ron kicking Ed Roman in the ass

I don't want to repost stuff from the below linked thread, so here it is:

Friggin' hilarious oldschool JCF memories. Such a great community here!
                  You forgot the Lina twins? Eeek gads! Bugz. lmao or whatever.

The previous software was short lived... phpBB? I don't remember. Before that there was ezboard. I wasn't a member of the previous board (not run by Jeremy), but I started soon after the ezboard version started.
                  The 2nd Amendment: America's Original Homeland Defense.

Comment

• no seriously, I missed the swinger chats, I need to know about this part. what happened?

Comment

• Absolutely nothing!
                      "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

• what about the Lina twins? I remember sometihng bout that. what was the story with them?

Comment

• Originally posted by tonemonster View Post
                          what about the Lina twins? I remember sometihng bout that. what was the story with them?
                          A guy named Chris who pretended to be twin girls.
                          I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

• Sold all my guitars (gave several away), moved west, became a hippy. The End
                            "POOP"

Comment

• Originally posted by SEEGERMANY View Post
                              Sold all my guitars (gave several away), moved west, became a hippy. The End
                              Hi Mark!!!
                              MakeAJazzNoiseHere: You kidding me? I'd suck her fartbox dry in a heartbeat. 9/29/2011 quote about Megan Fox

Comment

• Originally posted by SEEGERMANY View Post
                                Sold all my guitars (gave several away), moved west, became a hippy. The End
                                ...and changed your name to fett
                                "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

Working...
                                X