Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What ever happened to the JCF "old timers"??

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• It's not like i'm an old timer... lol! But.. err... I do remember LinaV! LMAO...
    I had no idea about Doc... You'll be remembered buddy!
    Facebook - Youtube

Comment

• Originally posted by Nightbat View Post
      Remember AMIC getting their panties in a twist because of our bitching and the JCF lost it's "official" status
      happened a few times!

sully
      Sully Guitars - Built by Rock & Roll
      Sully Guitars on Facebook
      Sully Guitars on Google+
      Sully Guitars on Tumblr

Comment

• How long do you have to be around to be an oldtimer??

I'm coming up to 6 years in about 6 weeks. Feb. 2003 I started up, after lurking for a bit. Haven't cracked 1000 posts yet though. Not even 850 I see.

6 years... wow. Surprised it has been that already... it doesn't seem that long ago...

I remember DOC.. always used capital letters for a lot of his post content
        I remember LinaV, Word ( who was at the center of much arguing and general hostility), Black Mariah, Lerxst, Brett and his whore and stripper tales, the Chuckracer incident, I remember Strangletooth (pat?). I think Strangletooth used to help with the IT maintenance for the board. I remember him being involved in a big battle and disappearing, but I forget over what.

I haven't posted in over a year I see. Wow. I haven't been around much I suppose, but I stopped playing about 3-4 years ago when my daughter (and now son) was born, and guitar related anything is rarely on my mind. I hope to get back to it someday, but it seems very distant at the moment.

I'm sure that there has been a ton of turnover on the board, and I would't recognize a lot of the new frequent posters, but cool to see the familiars around: Sully, Bill, Toejam, VitaminG, Ron, Newc etc.

Happy New Year all, hope 2010 is a good year for ya

Mark

Comment

• Originally posted by Chuckracer View Post
          Happy New Year to all you "Old Timers"!
          HOLY SHIT!!!! CHuck...how ya been you old codger?
          I live on the edge of danger facing life and death every single day.....then I leave her at home and go disarm bombs.

Comment

• hey Mark, good to see you about. Rich (Lerxstcat) and Pat both still post. I seem to remember you posting quite a bit, but I guess not with only 840 posts in 6 years!
            Hail yesterday

Comment

• Man, Brett's womanizing stories were awesome!!!! I used to get a big laugh out of those. He was certainly entertaining.
              "clean sounds are for pussies" - Axewielder

Comment

• Hey, didnt we have a fictional JCF band or something called "Mullethead" with like 27 lead guitarists in it???

Comment

• My guitar room has had a thomas the train engine play table and an ikea kiddie kitchen in it for a while so I've been crisscrossing the central plains in a roving meth lab with smack melon blasting alt country from our portable private radio station and bringing joy to hundreds.

Comment

• Originally posted by L View Post
                    My guitar room has had a thomas the train engine play table and an ikea kiddie kitchen in it for a while so I've been crisscrossing the central plains in a roving meth lab with smack melon blasting alt country from our portable private radio station and bringing joy to hundreds.
                    I got nothin'.
                    Catapultam habeo. Nisi pecuniam omnem mihi dabis, ad caput tuum saxum immane mittam!

Comment

My guitar room has had a thomas the train engine play table and an ikea kiddie kitchen in it for a while so I've been crisscrossing the central plains in a roving meth lab with smack melon blasting alt country from our portable private radio station and bringing joy to hundreds.
                      My former "Guitar Room" is in the process of becoming my daughter's room, so I can relate
                      Until you get weaned off the boobie, you are going to have to do what the wife wants too. -Rsmacker

Comment

• Mullethead

Comment

Welcome back, L!
                          I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

• Originally posted by jackson1 View Post
                            You gotta love him

I probably came later or didn't frequent the forums this guy posted in as I don't remember him back in the day as I only frequented Import Charvel/ import Jackson, General forum and Classifieds which I still do now only on a smaller scale.

This guy is a spitting image of a guy that was our drunk and alcoholic drummer. Put long hair on my drummer and it looks like this guy. I can't speak for this guy but my old drummer was an unemployed alcoholic drummer that sponged off his grandmother and I'm betting stole or guilted her into paying his child support which he is in arrears for thousands. Total loser and a thief.

Comment

• Originally posted by Chuckracer View Post
                              Hey guys...I'm humbled by the class shown by the crew here to even let me back on this board. I slammed that door pretty hard on my way out, and said things I've regretted for years.

Kevin in particular...I'm sorry for the way I handled myself and the things I said to you. You are a class act, always have been and always will be and didn't deserve any of my crap.

I am psyched to be here right now, and even though I pretty much don't play anymore...who knows? Winter is coming and the bike will be put away for a couple/few months. Idle hands and all that.

I bummed to hear of Doc's passing...HE was one of a kind and a good example for all of us. You are missed, my friend.

Damn good to hear from the "Old School Crew"!
                              Awwww, man, when you said Kevin, I thought you meant me! Oh well, maybe next time?

Comment

Lancealot, I've missed ya around here. I hope that Sully #5 is still serving you well.

Sully
                                Sully Guitars - Built by Rock & Roll
                                Sully Guitars on Facebook
                                Sully Guitars on Google+
                                Sully Guitars on Tumblr

Comment

Working...
                                X