No announcement yet.

Anyone elses Xmas suck....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Man, I've got some whining to do too. This year, we celebrated Christmas at our place. A couple of days before Christmas, we realized that the dishwasher was broken. No big deal, we can cope without it for a while. On the 23rd, we were cleaning up and setting up everything for the 24th. When I moved some chairs from our bedroom to the living room, I noticed something on the wall behind a wall-mounted mirror. We call a plumber (my girlfriend's uncle) and he has a look at it--sure enough, it's a broken pipe or something and we'll have to wait until after the holidays for him to fix it. The entire wall was soaked and there was a lot of fungus. A soon as he leaves, my girlfriend tells me that the oven doesn't work anymore. And we were supposed to make dinner at our place for nine people. We ended up cooking Christmas dinner on the barbeque in the garden while it's freezing outside. Oh, and we just had the transmission in our car replace too

Comment

Well,
      At first glance, my Christmas was shitty. We get to my inlaws house. They usually have some pretty smoking gifts to give. There were no gifts for the wife and I ( I am still a big kid at heart ). Instead, we get an envelope with a check for a decent amount of money.

We get to her grandparents, and it is usually the same thing. Amazing gifts since they have a fair amount of money. Nope, an envelope with a check for a large sum of money. This is cool.....I thought. Before I found out what was up, I was thinking, " Daddy is getting his new car this week instead of waiting until spring."

Well, in case you have never read any of my posts about my wifes math/money habits, she likes to get us into trouble and then I have to bail us out.

Come to find out, she has maxed out a $10,000.00 credit card I didn't know she had. Nothing really useful, some clothes for the new baby ( we already had enough clothes to dress him beyond his first birthday believe it or not!!! ) and the rest was treating herself and her friends to expensive nights at Japanese restaurants, spas and shopping sprees.

She told her family to give us cash so she could pay off the card. I was infuriated. Again, I got screwed by this cunt that I married.

Off topic, I will say, if you are thinking of getting married, DON"T!!! You will wake up one morning and realize you can either roll over and squeeze the wife or squeeze the trigger. Doesn't make much difference anymore.

Now, in hind sight, leaving out the hose job from my wife, I got my kids and they were overwhelmed with the amount of stuff they got from that jolly ole fat guy. To me, this is what it is all about anyways. The kids ( if you have them ). Everything else is just trivial.

I got to drink some good ole Kentucky made shine and ride some horses. Again, leaving out the other stuff, it was a good Christmas. -Lou " Refusing to be a Scrooge " Siffer
      " I do not pay women for sex. I pay for them to leave after the sex ". -Wise words of Charlie Sheen

Comment

OK small update from me...Now that me and my family are not sick today we had our Christmas at the inlaws...Gifts, dinner the works...The got us and the kids waaay too much stuff and the food was great. I guess all in all it was cool, just the way it went early on sucked. Hope all is well with my JCF Bro's and Ho's in the new year....
        H3LL IS HOME!!!

Comment

Lou,

I went through that Sh*t with my wife once, about 8 years ago with a credit card. It was the same kind of dont need anything and just pissed the money away situation. We are still together and through mutual agreement I handle the finances. Some people are just not good with money and if you give them a checkbook or a credit card, its like free money until the checkbook is empty or the card is maxed.
          Remember, Wherever you go,.. there you are

Comment

The only thing that sucked on Christmas, was my wife..sucking my PP!

I didn't read this thread at all..but I had a decent Christmas.

Sorry to any fellow JCFers having shitty Christmases and whatnots.

Hail Baby Jesus!!!
            "Bill, Smoke a Bowl and Crank Van Halen I, Life is better when I do that"
            Donnie Swanstrom 01/25/06..miss ya!

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

Jeez, I just skimmed this thread. Lou..10K on the credit card??!!

That sucks balls!!!
              "Bill, Smoke a Bowl and Crank Van Halen I, Life is better when I do that"
              Donnie Swanstrom 01/25/06..miss ya!

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

Kind of.
                We were having a great time, then I got a call that my 2 yr old niece got injured and was sent to the hospital on Christmas evening.
                She fell down and speared herself on one of her new toys. Right through the mouth.
                If it had been an inch or two over it would have come out her throat.

She's recovering and has to see a surgeon on Monday for recommendations on how to fix her pallet.

I'm happy she is ok, but, Wow, what a fucking night.
                Build a man a fire and he's warm for a day, set a man on fire and he's warm for the rest of his life.

Comment

Holy crap, that is awful flat! What was the toy? Lot of lame xmas's here it seems... ours was fine, just quiet as it was a small one this year as we paid for some wedding expenses for my brother.

Hey Bill, did your son like his Xbox? Get him Xbox Live with it it?

EDIT: Only bad thing I guess that put a crunch on it was the oven top getting destroyed around Thanksgiving by an olive oil bottle that lead to the purchase of a new range (the old one wasn't worth it to fix). It was most depressing though to see the lack of people out shopping and having a good time, and more grunting at the register than cheer. Charity Donations were a bit down locally too, which is a shame.
                  Last edited by CharvelRocker; 12-27-2008, 08:52 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by CharvelRocker View Post
                    Holy crap, that is awful flat! What was the toy?
                    It was a 1/2 completed doll house. She fell on one of the sticks that hold the roof on. They were on the base and her dad was finishing putting it together while she was in another room. She came barrel-housing thru the hallway before anybody could catch her.
                    Build a man a fire and he's warm for a day, set a man on fire and he's warm for the rest of his life.

Comment

Ohhh, man..... That's terribly messed up... Horrible, but I guess thankfully it wasn't an eye or a major vein/artery.

Poor babe... Hope everything works out ok for her... 2 yrs old is so young to have to go through all that stuff with doctors

Comment

Man, reading about some of the stuff other people have been going through makes me feel fortunate that my trouble is with broken stuff and not health issues...

Comment

I love everybody's honesty and humor- the good, the bad and the ugly. Hey, I always chalk it up to it's just another day- just be glad you're alive. I like to think that maybe a hundred years from now, all the hype, greed and insanity will be replaced by things more compassionate and helpful to all of us. After all, we are all in this life together and if you believe we are all "brothers and sisters", the madness is a little easier to deal with. Hey, peace and love everyone and have a great new year. JCF rules! -Big Bo aka triplehold

Comment

Damn guys sorry to hear of all the bad things going on. Lou I can totally relate, I went through the same stuff with my wife. She was bipolar and when she went manic the bank account got drained. After she died i found out she hadn't made the car payments for 3 months and my student loan she was in the process of getting consolidated had gone into default. I just got my Student loan out of default last month.
                            Don't forget the corn. It's nutritious, delicious, and ribbed for her pleasure.

Comment

Hope the little girl makes a full recovery!

I'm surprised that no one has mentioned whether they had "fits" putting toys together and finding half the parts weren't there or that holes didn't match up! It's been years since I had to assemble toys, but I remember a certain toy box that caused me to use every nasty word in the universe. I think the first two holes lined up and that was it! I cussed, fumed, threw shit, threatened to burn the son of a bitch, and then finally, after about half a dozen Beam & Cokes, hauled ass to the hardware store and bought a box of wood screws.

Yessir, by the time I finished, a nuclear bomb couldn't have destroyed that box. It didn't sit real level and the top didn't close all the way, but it did resemble a kid's toy box! Mission accomplished!
                              "POOP"

Comment

Originally posted by Cleveland Metal View Post
                                Years ago, a can of pepper spray went off in my wife's purse and I grabbed her keys to get into her car, I got it on my hands not knowing and proceeded to the bathroom.... YES... There... OMG... Not good.
                                Try getting your hands into some poison ivy while weeding, and then going in to use the bathroom.

Let's just say I didn't get any for a few weeks.

To the topic at hand, I've had better Christmases. I've come to realize that grandkids get all of the good stuff and the adults just get clothes. Seriously, my big gift was 10 pairs of socks.
                                Scott

Comment

Working...
                                X