No announcement yet.

Anyone elses Xmas suck....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yeah, mine is sucking. But... Oh well... Bah Humbug...

Comment

Well look at the bright side... at least you aren't treeman!!

Comment

Made it through today (24th) not without drama.

Still have tomorrow to do here's hoping minus the drama.
        I guess I can dream.
        Peace, Love and Happieness and all that stuff...

"Anyone who tries to fling crap my way better have a really good crap flinger."

I personally do not care how it was built as long as it is a good playing/sounding instrument.

Yes, there's a bee in the pudding.

Comment

Originally posted by phill_up View Post
          Well look at the bright side... at least you aren't treeman!!

This probably why "I" haven't jumped into the tablesaw...

You're right tho...

Comment

At least im not the only one having a shitty Christmas Eve. I have arthritis in both hands and have been taking considerable amounts of Ibuprofen and Naproxen over the last few months to deal with the pain. My doctor wants me to try and wean off the drugs because they're really hard on the stomach and kidneys, so my wife picked up some Capzasin for me today at the store. I figured, I'd give it a go tonight and see if it's a worth while alternative to the pills.

1 hour later....

By this point I had tried vegetable oil, baking powder, milk, dish soap, alcohol, aloe, soap and water, benedryl cream, and hydrocortisone cream, and NONE of it worked. My hands felt like they were being held over an open flame, and it was getting worse.

With no other alternatives we canceled dinner with the family, my wife picked up subs at the local convenience store, and we both started in on bottles of 80 proof captain morgan private stock and jose quervo black.

At least my hands dont hurt any more, and I got laid.

-Steve
            Guitars:
            '04 Jackson SL1 - Flametop Cabo Blue Trans Burst
            '94 Charvel Predator - Fire Crackle
            '77 Ibanez LP Custom Copy - Black
            Amp:
            VOX AD30VT

Comment

UFO rocks, you had a great Christmas!

Comment

Originally posted by phill_up View Post
                UFO rocks, you had a great Christmas!
                1 litre of booze and a toasted turkey sub with the wife in front of the TV flipping between "A Christmas Story" and "Pinks". Followed by an hour or so of drunken sex to the sounds of the Arena Rock channel on Comcast playing in the background.

OK, I suppose it wasnt THAT bad.
                Guitars:
                '04 Jackson SL1 - Flametop Cabo Blue Trans Burst
                '94 Charvel Predator - Fire Crackle
                '77 Ibanez LP Custom Copy - Black
                Amp:
                VOX AD30VT

Comment

Originally posted by UFORocks View Post
                  My doctor wants me to try and wean off the drugs because they're really hard on the stomach and kidneys, so my wife picked up some Capzasin for me today at the store. I figured, I'd give it a go tonight and see if it's a worth while alternative to the pills.

1 hour later....

By this point I had tried vegetable oil, baking powder, milk, dish soap, alcohol, aloe, soap and water, benedryl cream, and hydrocortisone cream, and NONE of it worked. My hands felt like they were being held over an open flame, and it was getting worse.

With no other alternatives we canceled dinner with the family, my wife picked up subs at the local convenience store, and we both started in on bottles of 80 proof captain morgan private stock and jose quervo black.

At least my hands dont hurt any more, and I got laid.

-Steve
                  THat is actiually pretty much like the pepper spray PD uses... Actually sounds maybe stronger it seems!

Dawn dishwashing liquid helps a bit. Cuts the oil away from the skinI guess. Mostly lotsa cool water is the "recommended" cure.

Years ago, a can of pepper spray went off in my wife's purse and I grabbed her keys to get into her car, I got it on my hands not knowing and proceeded to the bathroom.... YES... There... OMG... Not good.

I finally actually used noxema which was excruciatingly painful (I regretted using it), but after it was over it didn't really burn any more. Not sure I'd recommend that as it was terrible. But, it got it off tho!

Hot water in a shower will reactivate it to some extent... I remembered it for days after getting sprayed with Pepper spray.

Comment

Here it is, 6:30 am xmas morning and I'm at work. The factory is shut down for the holiday, but I have to be here in case of an emergency. 10 hours to go ....... blah
                    I'm not afraid to bleed, but I won't do it for you.

Comment

Originally posted by Cleveland Metal View Post
                      I got it on my hands not knowing and proceeded to the bathroom.... YES... There... OMG... Not good.
                      That sounds like a bad day indeed! Ouch!

But seriously, I woke up breathing this morning, so I guess there's not much to bitch about.
                      You sir, can go you fuck yourself and don't let the door hit you in the vagina on the way out.
                      You're such a pretencious, phony, boring, transparent, self righteous worthless fuck..You are amusing as a genital wart!
                      --horns666 - 12/08/08

Hey, if those are fake tits..is fake titty fuggin' cheatin'? I say no!
                      --horns666 - 12/29/08
                      I think your dad jacked off in a flower pot and you were born a blooming idiot.
                      --LouSiffer - 06/25/09

Comment

Well I woke up sick as hell this morning, but seeing the looks on my kids faces after santa came for them took all the pain away.....At least it don't suck for them...
                        H3LL IS HOME!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Phantom Hawk View Post
                          Here it is, 6:30 am xmas morning and I'm at work. The factory is shut down for the holiday, but I have to be here in case of an emergency. 10 hours to go ....... blah
                          YAY! I'm not the only one at work today! Bring on the 28th Jan. I need another WR1.
                          Fuck ebay, fuck paypal

"Finger on the trigger, back against the wall. Counting rounds and voices, not enough to kill them all" (Ihsahn).

Comment

Originally posted by Phantom Hawk View Post
                            Building engineer?

Comment

Originally posted by mr426 View Post
                              Well I woke up sick as hell this morning, but seeing the looks on my kids faces after santa came for them took all the pain away.....At least it don't suck for them...

That sucks

Visited my parents yesterday who were just getting over a mean flu... And suddenly this morn, I have the sore throat thing, headache and feeling crappy... Nice...

Hope it's not what they had, haha...

Comment

So far, one of the better Christmases in a while. I usually dread this time of year. No family drama yet. I still have the rest of today to go though . 7 kids, all over 21yo and they're all acting mature.......
                                Occupation: Department Director for the Department of Redundancy Department

Comment

Working...
                                X