No announcement yet.

Observation of those born after 1980

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

But I have to say that in Europe you can't rely on only 1 or even 2 languages.

You can't do jack shit with English in Eastern-Europe... you gotta know German... when you go to south you gotta understand at least one Romanic language, specially one of the big 3's... French, Italian or Spanish... if you know one then you can figure out the others somewhat. It's better to know them all though.
    "There is nothing more fearful than imagination without taste" - Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

"To be stupid, selfish and have good health are three requirements for happiness, though if stupidity is lacking, all is lost" - Gustave Flaubert

Comment

I'd like to say, I do fall into this demographic and I consider myself an exception. I hate, with unmitigated passion, the growing trend in kids today. I refused to own a cell phone until it was absolutely necessary simply because I hated the pop culture infused with it. Imagine my dilemma, having to interact with those mindless idiots you describe, every day of every week at my own high school. You've got it easy! Ha, but seriously...what's the world coming to? Was born in '90 by the way, just raised right.

Comment

Originally posted by metalchild138 View Post
        Imagine my dilemma, having to interact with those mindless idiots you describe, every day of every week at my own high school. .....Was born in '90 by the way, just raised right.

I doubt very much your parents taught you to look down on others from your ivory tower.
        You took too much, man. Too much. Too much.

Comment

I agree with the original poster on a lot of this. I admittedly didn't read all of the posts in the thread; but his comment regarding "txt tlk" made me think of this pic I found somewhere:

Comment

Well, a fuckwit made that then, the word they were looking for is "DAMNED"
            So I woke up,rolled over and who was lying next to me? Only Bonnie Langford!

I nearly broke her back

Comment

Originally posted by Rsmacker View Post
              Well, a fuckwit made that then, the word they were looking for is "DAMNED"
              They also should have put "correct grammar". "Good grammar" is, in fact, incorrect.
              "Dear Dr. Bill,
              I work with a woman who is about 5 feet tall and weighs close to 450 pounds and has more facial hair than ZZ Top." - Jack The Riffer

"OK, we can both have Ben..joint custody. I'll have him on the weekends. We could go out in my Cobra and give people the finger..weather permitting of course.." -Bill Z. Bub

Comment

Quote:
                Originally Posted by metalchild138
                Imagine my dilemma, having to interact with those mindless idiots you describe, every day of every week at my own high school. .....Was born in '90 by the way, just raised right.

Originally posted by GodOfRhythm View Post
                I doubt very much your parents taught you to look down on others from your ivory tower.
                Sounds like he's simply telling the truth to me.
                You sir, can go you fuck yourself and don't let the door hit you in the vagina on the way out.
                You're such a pretencious, phony, boring, transparent, self righteous worthless fuck..You are amusing as a genital wart!
                --horns666 - 12/08/08

Hey, if those are fake tits..is fake titty fuggin' cheatin'? I say no!
                --horns666 - 12/29/08
                I think your dad jacked off in a flower pot and you were born a blooming idiot.
                --LouSiffer - 06/25/09

Comment

Originally posted by joelayres View Post
                  Yep.
                  "POOP"

Comment

Originally posted by varador View Post
                    it's just some people don't have the balls to tell themselves that it's their fault for not putting in the hard work that the system is failing them.

I couldn't agree more , all of the people who I know that are sucessfull , have made sacrifices and worked very hard to get there ! But the gimme now generation , does not seem to believe in sacrifice and hard work.It has seemed in my area of the US , whoever bitches the loudest seems to get a free ride !
                    Enjoying a rum and coke, just didn't have any coke...

Comment

Originally posted by joelayres View Post

Me too. He's dead on to be honest. All the kids who live in a household where there are rules do much better in school, are much smarter and are more pleasant to be around. At least in my opinion. All the people I know who do well have strict parents, or at least some rules at their houses.
                      "Dear Dr. Bill,
                      I work with a woman who is about 5 feet tall and weighs close to 450 pounds and has more facial hair than ZZ Top." - Jack The Riffer

"OK, we can both have Ben..joint custody. I'll have him on the weekends. We could go out in my Cobra and give people the finger..weather permitting of course.." -Bill Z. Bub

Comment

I strongly disagree with all the discipline, strict parents, hard work bs.

Some of the most intelligent people I know are lazy as hell. Fuck the whole Europe is the laziest continent in the world.... that doesn't stop it being the most cultural.
                        Parents don't have to be strict and force everything on their kids... they just have to be there for them and be open minded... discipline them when it's absolutely necessary.
                        I know many smart and successful folks who have grew up with hippie parents.
                        There's absolutely no scientific proof that strict parents will have better children.
                        All I know is that parents who don't give a shit about their kids will have a problem.

Hard work is overrated. Everyone can work hard if they want to and I totally respect but hard work as a standard is bullshit. Over stressed people who don't have time for their family... and if they do.. they live all their shit out on them. Yay!
                        This is why I love Southern Europe and Scandinavia. People just get their shit done and rest of the time spend time with their family, friends and do something which they like to do. Slow and easy... no need to but all your effort into a work which you don't like anyway while all your life goes away.
                        "There is nothing more fearful than imagination without taste" - Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

"To be stupid, selfish and have good health are three requirements for happiness, though if stupidity is lacking, all is lost" - Gustave Flaubert

Comment

"Wow,... that was some of the hardest rockin ever. Hardest to listen too."
                          --floydkramer

Comment

I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Originally posted by nhspike View Post

Comment

GodOfRhythm, I can't say that I've ever been taught to look down on anyone. I interact reasonably and respectfully with everyone I come into contact with on a daily basis. Even the "mindless idiots" I aforementioned. I have a huge demographic of peers that I interact with. For example, I am a metal musician, a classical musician, and a welder. I am good friends with metalheads, violinists, symphony conductors, bonafied South Texas rednecks, and every race present in Texas. The day I look down from any "ivory tower" will be a cold day in hell.

Comment

Working...
                                X