CA's $28 billion deficit

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by nsubulysses View Post
    The reason I would consider it to be classist and racist is because the most common types of people in prison are either poor, a minority, or both. Whether this be stigma in society, unjust policing, poor criminal skills, lack of access to education or jobs, etc., doesn't matter. At this point what would matter is that (mostly) poor minorities are being arrested and in turn they are being used as a slave labor force to aid the criminal justice system in policing and prosecuting more (mostly) poor minorities. Quite a "vicious cycle."
    I agree with most of what you say except this part. ANYONE can now end up in prison the main demographic tends to be poor in California. If you get arrested and you are outside of the demographic they will make an example out of you to show they are not racist. i.e. white.

The system keeps the poor and uneducated segrated from the well to do people and is pretty succeful at this. To say this is racial issue in California is ignorant now. It is about Rich vs Poor its not about race any longer. The Rich are not safe either depending on the situation.

Alot of people are quick to write you off when you say the poor minorities are the victims. That is why I say anyone can be a victim of the system. Poor minorities just tend to be the larger demographic but till that demographic educates themselves on what their civil rights are and knows how to properly handle themselves when confroted by Law Enforcement this system will keep feeding itself.

I wonder how long I would last before I got arrested going around to the lower income areas handing out paphlets and lecturing the locals on what their 2nd and 4th ammendment rights are. Their civil rights leaders are only keeping their communities down by having the property taxes so high that new business cannot move in and offer them jobs even though the real estate is cheap. Then they talk about how the "guns" are killing their children instead of telling their communities to arm and protect themselves. To not allow the "man" into their life.

Its a perfect evil system all the way do to the last slum and ghetto across the US.

Comment

This is true that ANYONE can now end up in prison.

Is it because of all the poor minorities arrested previously whose work in "labor programs benefit the Army and the corrections facilities by supplying a source of labor at no direct cost to the Army"?

If it is true that ANYONE can be arrested then we have surpassed the causal part of this mechanism and are resting uncomfortably within the effect.

Comment

And yes it is a perfectly evil system, which is why I'm glad we're discussing it!

Comment

This is all discussed in Atlas Shrugged:

You'd better get it straight that it's not a bunch of boy scouts you're up
          against -- then you'll know that this is not the age for beautiful
          gestures. We're after power and we mean it. Your fellows were pikers, but
          we know the real trick, and you'd better get wise to it. There's no way to
          rule innocent men. The only power any government has is the power to crack
          down on criminals. Well, when there aren't enough criminals, one makes
          them. One declares so many things to be a crime that it becomes impossible
          for men to live without breaking laws. Who wants a nation of law-abiding
          citizens? What's there in that for anyone? But just pass the kind of laws
          that can neither be observed nor enforced nor objectively interpreted --
          and you create a nation of law-breakers -- and then you cash in on guilt.
          Now that's the system...that's the game, and once you understand it, you'll
          be easier to deal with."

- Ayn Rand

Comment

Tin foil hats anyone? Here is a news flash. All inmates are required to work, except those in solitary (lock up 23 out of 24 hours) SHU, CCU etc. I read the wilki link and it said minimum custody inmates from Federal Bureau of Prisons (with some state inmates).

So what? They HAVE TO work anyway. If one of my convicts refuses to work he gets a charge. Then he goes to lockup. End of story. How do you think all the menial jobs get done around the prison? They mop, sweep, clean tables, empty garbage, cook etc. Those are the routine jobs. Remember one inmate costs $35,000 a year to keep in prison. You bet your ass he's gonna work.

We also have a carpenter shop, metal shop, inmate commissary, clothing shop, law library, yard workers, paralegals, laundry, so many jobs the inmates do for $1.40 a day. How do you think the floors stay so shiny?

Now, ask any minimum custody inmate if he'd rather stay at a work camp or within the prison walls. He's gonna tell you the camp. More fresh air, more real work. Actually building something or making something rather than mopping floors? You bet they'll jump at the chance.
            Scott
            Be without fear in the face of your enemies. Be brave and upright, that God may love thee. Speak the truth always, even if it leads to your death. Safeguard the helpless and do no wrong.

Comment

Originally posted by StukaJU87 View Post
              Tin foil hats anyone? Here is a news flash. All inmates are required to work, except those in solitary (lock up 23 out of 24 hours) SHU, CCU etc. I read the wilki link and it said minimum custody inmates from Federal Bureau of Prisons (with some state inmates).

So what? They HAVE TO work anyway. If one of my convicts refuses to work he gets a charge. Then he goes to lockup. End of story. How do you think all the menial jobs get done around the prison? They mop, sweep, clean tables, empty garbage, cook etc. Those are the routine jobs. Remember one inmate costs $35,000 a year to keep in prison. You bet your ass he's gonna work.

We also have a carpenter shop, metal shop, inmate commissary, clothing shop, law library, yard workers, paralegals, laundry, so many jobs the inmates do for $1.40 a day. How do you think the floors stay so shiny?

Now, ask any minimum custody inmate if he'd rather stay at a work camp or within the prison walls. He's gonna tell you the camp. More fresh air, more real work. Actually building something or making something rather than mopping floors? You bet they'll jump at the chance.
              Thats exactley what I said four posts up in California prisons everyone has to work except for the Level Iv and SHU.

The point was the government in California sucks I dont know much about that wiki link or know of any prisoners in California working on ARMY projects yet.

Comment

Originally posted by AK47 View Post
                Their arent any tuely "Good" ranges in Nor Cal since most have the no rapid fire rule and have Ca DOJ agents hanging out but one I frquent from time to time is Los Altos Rod and Gun Club. Also In Milpitas that have a decent indoor pistol range at Traget Masters lots of homeboys brushing up on their "Skillz" as well at that range. Sunnyvale has a decent range at Reeds.

If you are feeling a little saucy drive up on Skyline pull over and dump a magazine into some dirt and brush when no other cars are around. Dont ask if I ever done this or where I got the idea from because I couldnt tell you. Its highly illegal too.

What kind of .45 and I hope it was on the "Ca DOJ Approved list of Safe Handguns" we would not want you running around with a "unsafe" handgun.
                I'm looking at three right now, the Sig, the H&K and the Beretta px4 Storm. I also looked at a Glock and a couple others but I'm not sure. The Glock just didn't feel right. I'm still on the fence if I'm getting a 40 or a 45 though. I think I'm going with the 45 I just need to find one that fits me.
                In the future though I need to remember to not buy guitars while on Nyquil

Comment

Originally posted by eakinj View Post
                  I'm looking at three right now, the Sig, the H&K and the Beretta px4 Storm. I also looked at a Glock and a couple others but I'm not sure. The Glock just didn't feel right. I'm still on the fence if I'm getting a 40 or a 45 though. I think I'm going with the 45 I just need to find one that fits me.
                  I have a Glock 23 .40 and a HK USP .45 full size if you are still shopping around maybe you can shoot mine sometime if you are out this way. I dont know where Newman is but if you have any plans on going to the range this month maybe we can meet up at one of the ranges.

Comment

I have a Glock 23 .40 and a HK USP .45 full size if you are still shopping around maybe you can shoot mine sometime if you are out this way. I dont know where Newman is but if you have any plans on going to the range this month maybe we can meet up at one of the ranges.
                    I bought the Glock 22 .40 today, i get to pick it up in ten days. Also spent about 200 bucks on ammo. I also met my fream girl!

I kid you not, at a big 5 in Turlock, beautiful redhead, I was in my cannibal corpse t-shirt and she was all "oh Cannibal Corpse!" when she asked if I needed help, and after handing me several box's of hollowpoints for my 40 and my 357 we got on the subject of metal bands she's into. I told her "You are my dream girl, you listen to death metal and sell bullets" and she said "yes, yes I am and yes I do"

I am close to Modesto, sadly in the central valley, my home town is actually Livermore. The next couple months are pretty much booked, what are you doing in January?

I used to go to Livermore Rod adn Gun club a lot. I used to work at WebEx over on Great America Parkway, so I know that area some. I go to visit friends over in Santa Cruz ever few weeks so, yeah we should hook up once I get my 40. I'm not going to trust the new gun til I put about three hundred rounds through it.

Know of any places that allow for black powder? I have a 44 black powder pistol I want to fire, i've had it for about 6 months now and haven't fired even a cap out of it yet.

Comment

not shocked at all... when they thought Arnold Schwarzenegger would be a better gov. than the guy they ousted... you just knew this would happen.
                      Guitars... Rhoads RX10D
                      Amp... Pioneer
                      Effects... Boss ME-20

Comment

Originally posted by semagic View Post
                        not shocked at all... when they thought Arnold Schwarzenegger would be a better gov. than the guy they ousted... you just knew this would happen.
                        I dont know if you noticed. When Schwarzeneggar first got into office he was doing alot of good things. He started to expose the CYA or prisons for juveniles in California and how they were treating the kids like animals locking them in steel cages in a classroom when they are required by law to attend school.

It took a few months but the Governator caught on that hey you dont fuck with the system and notice how the whole stink went away, I am sure a few closed doors meetings with the unions happened to scare him straight. Then he started to push the regular California big government agenda. The whole CDOJ investigation stopped without any further action.

Comment

Originally posted by semagic View Post
                          I've got a news flash, what I left in the toilet 15 minutes ago was a better gov then Gray Davis. And it should tell you something about Davis by the fact that we were willing to put in a bad actor to replace him. At that point I would have voted for Mickey Mouse to take office over that bastard Davis.

Comment

I bought the Glock 22 .40 today, i get to pick it up in ten days. Also spent about 200 bucks on ammo. I also met my fream girl!

I kid you not, at a big 5 in Turlock, beautiful redhead, I was in my cannibal corpse t-shirt and she was all "oh Cannibal Corpse!" when she asked if I needed help, and after handing me several box's of hollowpoints for my 40 and my 357 we got on the subject of metal bands she's into. I told her "You are my dream girl, you listen to death metal and sell bullets" and she said "yes, yes I am and yes I do"

I am close to Modesto, sadly in the central valley, my home town is actually Livermore. The next couple months are pretty much booked, what are you doing in January?

I used to go to Livermore Rod adn Gun club a lot. I used to work at WebEx over on Great America Parkway, so I know that area some. I go to visit friends over in Santa Cruz ever few weeks so, yeah we should hook up once I get my 40. I'm not going to trust the new gun til I put about three hundred rounds through it.

Know of any places that allow for black powder? I have a 44 black powder pistol I want to fire, i've had it for about 6 months now and haven't fired even a cap out of it yet.
                            Just shoot me a PM when you are planning to be in the area. Also I beleive Los Altos rod and gun club allows for black powder pistols if I remember correctly.

Comment

I dont know if you noticed. When Schwarzeneggar first got into office he was doing alot of good things. He started to expose the CYA or prisons for juveniles in California and how they were treating the kids like animals locking them in steel cages in a classroom when they are required by law to attend school.

It took a few months but the Governator caught on that hey you dont fuck with the system and notice how the whole stink went away, I am sure a few closed doors meetings with the unions happened to scare him straight. Then he started to push the regular California big government agenda. The whole CDOJ investigation stopped without any further action.
                              I've got a news flash, what I left in the toilet 15 minutes ago was a better gov then Gray Davis. And it should tell you something about Davis by the fact that we were willing to put in a bad actor to replace him. At that point I would have voted for Mickey Mouse to take office over that bastard Davis.
                              i'm not saying davis was a great guy... but Schwarzeneggar, a republican that is suppose to be about small government and a responsible spender and the state is in financial turmoil? yes...your right that is much better situation. the state should have held or waited on a real election to make a change. instead of watching old movies and saying he's our guy. if you wanted an actor/politician you could have called clint eastwood, at least he was a decent mayor at one time.
                              Guitars... Rhoads RX10D
                              Amp... Pioneer
                              Effects... Boss ME-20

Comment

Working...
                              X