CA's $28 billion deficit

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CA's $28 billion deficit

Just read on the news that California is going broke again. $28 billion in the hole eh ? Didn't they just get $30 billion a few years ago for the same reason ? WTF ?!

They could make up a lot if not all of that money if they would just cut off benefits to illegal immigrants. Legal immigrants are fine and shouldn't be affected. Times are tough and we should take care of our own citizens first. State and Federal gov'ts seem to think that it is ok to just throw our money away without a care in the world.
    I'm not afraid to bleed, but I won't do it for you.

You know I am anti illegal immigration and all but the problem with California is the government itself. Look at how many departments within departments we have.

For example look a the CARB mandates on cars and even if you can get your car to run more efficiently and with less pollution you cant get it to smog unless you pay CARB 40,000 dollars for their sticker. We have something called the EPA we do not need CARB, look at their budget.

We also have killed the poultry industry in California as of this election thanks to that stupid new Prop being passed.

DMV just set up a department for financial responsibility. So if you dont have insurance on your car they come after you suspend your registration but its up to you to contact DMV to let them know you no longer own the vehicle. The two departments are seperate and do not communicate with each other.

Lets look at the California DOJ and their totally unconstitutional invasion of gun owners privacy...if you want I can elaborate on this.

California is such a huge economy that we should have no problem supporting benefits for all illegals if we just cut the governmet BS programs. Not that I would want this but just saying is all.

The system at this point would have to be violently overthrown for any reasonable reform in California and that is not going to happen since people are too dependant on CA's wellfare benefits.

Comment

No worries, the federal gov't will bail them out. Bailout checks for everybody! Car manufacturers too! Who else needs one?!?

Comment

Oh you're right on the mark with your assessment, AK. But like you also said, cutting the BS isn't very likely to happen and if it did, it would take years and years to do. I just thought cutting benefits to illegals would be a quick and relatively easy way to cut spending.

If we're looking long term cost savings, the prison system could use a going over. Make it by law that by a certain date, all prisons must be 75% self supporting. All that labor rotting away behind bars can be a source of funding for the penal system. Heh heh, I said penal. I'm not talking just California, it could apply to all state and federal prisons. If a prison didn't meet their quota, they do without extras until they do meet the 75%. An added bonus to that would be a sense of achievment and earning a living, sort of. Sounds like rehabilitation to me. Or we could just feed the prisoners to the homeless and solve two problems at once.

Comment

Originally posted by Phantom Hawk View Post
          Oh you're right on the mark with your assessment, AK. But like you also said, cutting the BS isn't very likely to happen and if it did, it would take years and years to do. I just thought cutting benefits to illegals would be a quick and relatively easy way to cut spending.

If we're looking long term cost savings, the prison system could use a going over. Make it by law that by a certain date, all prisons must be 75% self supporting. All that labor rotting away behind bars can be a source of funding for the penal system. Heh heh, I said penal. I'm not talking just California, it could apply to all state and federal prisons. If a prison didn't meet their quota, they do without extras until they do meet the 75%. An added bonus to that would be a sense of achievment and earning a living, sort of. Sounds like rehabilitation to me. Or we could just feed the prisoners to the homeless and solve two problems at once.

This is even more fucked up...the California justice system.

One of the most powerful unions in California is the Prison Guards Union. They have an intrest in keeping people in Prison not out of it. So this is what they do.

Most prisoners are drug offenders in California others are mostly domestic Violence offenders. The state found that by requiring court ordered classes for these offences it was a way to ensure that prisoners would stay in the system for years.

How you ask? Is this not a good thing requiring drug offenders and wife beaters to take classes for their rehabilition?

In theory yes it is but lets look at the demographic of prisoners and the course requirements as set up by the state of California.

The majority of offenders regardless of race tend to be from the lower income bracket that do not pay any taxes. Most live pay check to pay check working entry level jobs that require minimal skill.

Now we take course requirements. These courses are 6 months long and require attendance at minimum twice a week with random drug screening mixed in even if your crime was not drug related.

Now how is someone going to be able to work full time and get time off twice a week during the weekdays to attend classes without jepordizing their job? Once you fail to appear for your class or a drug screen you are violated and you have to start the 6 months of courses again from the begining after you serve time for your violation.

Some of these people have been in the system for over 10 years because they make it so hard to get out of it. So that goes back to the Prison guards union that has these programs set up for failure to ensure the poor uneducated masses are all accounted for. This ensures also a steady population for the prison system. They no longer have to count on the big time criminals to keep the cells full.

In the meantime they are making a killing requiring people who can barely afford to feed their families pay for these courses. They also dont get a refund if they never complete the course and have to pay again to retake it.

I can eleborate even further if you want to hear more about the California Prison and Justice system...

Comment

You guys have the Terminator, WTF?
            I want REAL change. I want dead bodies littering the capitol.

- Newc

Comment

You can thank Pelosi, Boxer and the rest of those comunists for it.
              Strat God Music
              http://www.esnips.com/web/Strat-God-Music/?flush=1

Comment

so Pelosi is the governor of California I take it ?

Comment

You can not blame one party in California for screwing this state up it was both the Republicrats and Deminocans.

If the state was run by true "constitutional" conservatives or "rational" liberals this would have never happened.
                  Last edited by AK47; 11-12-2008, 02:46 AM.

Comment

Schwarzenegger knows what he does, trust me.

He knows the future and knows saving money makes no sence at all. because Skynet will destroy us all anyway!

Comment

"FUCK ARNOLD!"
                      "POOP"

Comment

we're doomed.
                        In the future though I need to remember to not buy guitars while on Nyquil

Comment

I sure know how to liven up a thread.

Comment

Originally posted by AK47 View Post
                            I sure know how to liven up a thread.
                            All I know is I'm ordering my .45 this week. Know if any good indoor rangers in North Cal? I know there's one in Modesto or was, and some place called target masters or something.

(sorry I know a bit off topic)

still dooooomed
                            In the future though I need to remember to not buy guitars while on Nyquil

Comment

Doomed we are. Time for a revolution.

Comment

Working...
                              X