CA's $28 billion deficit

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by eakinj View Post
    All I know is I'm ordering my .45 this week. Know if any good indoor rangers in North Cal? I know there's one in Modesto or was, and some place called target masters or something.

(sorry I know a bit off topic)

still dooooomed
    Their arent any tuely "Good" ranges in Nor Cal since most have the no rapid fire rule and have Ca DOJ agents hanging out but one I frquent from time to time is Los Altos Rod and Gun Club. Also In Milpitas that have a decent indoor pistol range at Traget Masters lots of homeboys brushing up on their "Skillz" as well at that range. Sunnyvale has a decent range at Reeds.

If you are feeling a little saucy drive up on Skyline pull over and dump a magazine into some dirt and brush when no other cars are around. Dont ask if I ever done this or where I got the idea from because I couldnt tell you. Its highly illegal too.

What kind of .45 and I hope it was on the "Ca DOJ Approved list of Safe Handguns" we would not want you running around with a "unsafe" handgun.

Comment

Indeed, our state is circling around the toilet waiting for the last flush...

San Diego used to be somewhat middle-of-the-road 10-15 years ago (the retired military officers balanced out the beach bums ), but we're veered WAY to the left and joined the rest of the state. Most moderates/right-wingers I know sold their houses a couple years ago and moved to Colorado to buy one that's nicer for cash (what was referred to as "The California Cashout :ROTF

I have to laugh at everyone that voted for all the bond issues out here (A bullet train? That only .001% of the state will be able to use? Idiots...), but it's the good guys like me who pay all their taxes and don't walk away from their debts that are left carrying the load.
      Crime doesn't pay. Neither does lutherie...

Comment

I know this is off topic but, missionguitars1, your signature is awesome.
        "Dear Dr. Bill,
        I work with a woman who is about 5 feet tall and weighs close to 450 pounds and has more facial hair than ZZ Top." - Jack The Riffer

"OK, we can both have Ben..joint custody. I'll have him on the weekends. We could go out in my Cobra and give people the finger..weather permitting of course.." -Bill Z. Bub

Comment

We're number one again! We rule.

We're pretty stuck out here with illegals - so much work would not be done if not for them. No really, no one else wants to do it - it's true, it's fucked and what in the hell can we do about it? Taking reasonable, passable solutions please.

Comment

Originally posted by Ben... View Post
            I know this is off topic but, missionguitars1, your signature is awesome.
            I couldn't help it after the Les Paul restoration videos... :ROTF:
            Crime doesn't pay. Neither does lutherie...

Comment

Originally posted by åron View Post
              We're number one again! We rule.

We're pretty stuck out here with illegals - so much work would not be done if not for them. No really, no one else wants to do it - it's true, it's fucked and what in the hell can we do about it? Taking reasonable, passable solutions please.
              The system has to fix itself first to even consider fixing the immigration problem which will fix itself.

When my family comes from Eastern Europe to visit they think its the funniest thing in the world to see fat poor people. They dont understand how its possible. My grandma told me in WWII the only fat people in europe where few high ranking officer in the Nazi party.

So who does not want to work?

Sorry for the scattered thoughts. In other words if we have a small lean running governmet there would be no benefits for hiring illegals and since no one would be collecting welfare there would be plenty of people to fill the labor force. Also business would not need or want to hire illegals because it would cost so damn much to pay for all the fines and tax evasion charges.

Then the problem would fix itself. By demanding buses and immediate deportation you are going to get a revolution and not a good 1776 kind of revolution. I am taking about a Cuban "wealth redistribution" type revolution.

In the mean time while I am waiting for the people to wake up I am enjoying the benefits of cheap Mexican Black Tar Heroin since everyone and their mother is bringing it over the border. You know the kind of benefits like having to run people off my front yard because they are looking to steal something.

Comment

I may be a complete idiot, but the whole " Nobody else will do the work" thing doesn't make sense to me. We have huge untapped work forces :

1 - welfare recipients. want a check ? we have work for you to do. This of course is not limited to fruit picking. Keeping the roads clean and and general groundskeeping need no special skills. 20 hours a week required. If you're above doing that work, you're above getting state help. The rest of your time can be spent looking for a job.

2 - prisoners. They need to help earn their upkeep somehow.
                I'm not afraid to bleed, but I won't do it for you.

Comment

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Civilia..._Labor_Program
                  http://www.army.mil/usapa/epubs/pdf/r210_35.pdf

FYI there already is a Civilian Inmate Labor Program that has been mapped out by our cunningly considerate US Army. It is called Army Regulation 210-35 and it is SCARY. I included a link to the PDF of the actual regulation that is listed on the Army website but here is a quote from the wikipedia link:

"The regulation, first drafted in 1997, underwent a "rapid act revision" in January 2005; it provides policy for the creation of labor programs and prison camps on Army installations."

And, "The regulation states that labor programs benefit the Army and the corrections facilities by supplying "a source of labor at no direct cost to the Army," giving "meaningful work to inmates" and alleviation to "overcrowding in nearby corrections facilities" and by making use of otherwise unused land and buildings."

Wow, they changed the regulation in 2005 with anticipations that prisons in the future will become overcrowded, so now when people are put in jail they will be forced to do work that will benefit and expand the corrections system and the military? Not only are their freedoms revoked, but now they are slave laborers.

This is very serious. Not only is it classist and racist, but it is tremendously important because our own government is implying the fact that the future world we live in will be increasingly monitored and controlled by the military, police and government.

And not even policed in terms of today, but policed in the future to degrees that prisons will rapidly become overcrowded and prisoners will be necessary to uphold the prison system and contain the massive amount of people who will be incarcerated in it.
                  Last edited by nsubulysses; 11-13-2008, 10:40 PM.

Comment

I encourage you all to consider this view before jumping on the bandwagon of "screw those reckless, thoughtless delinquents; they get what they deserve," because the way our country is planning to handle these issues is much more reminiscent of nazi germany than anything we consider this country to be.

Comment

Originally posted by Phantom Hawk View Post
                      I may be a complete idiot, but the whole " Nobody else will do the work" thing doesn't make sense to me. We have huge untapped work forces :

...snip...

2 - prisoners. They need to help earn their upkeep somehow.
                      We are already doing this and no one is profiting from it except the CDC and the prison guards union. It is basically a form of slave labor. Also the amount of laws that California is enacting every year it is very easy to become a felon and not know it.

Remember we have no intrest in teaching a large amount of prisoners actual job skills they can use, since that may make them productive and not likely to get rearrested. Just use them for manual labor.

Of course the CDC puts on a show and teaches about 200 inmates a year some skills like cabinet-making or machining but thats it. As an inmate it is very hard to get into that program.

Once you get on the state's bad side and they come after you they will find something to charge you with. So it is easy to wind up in the worlds largest per capita prison population.

Comment

Originally posted by nsubulysses View Post
                        I encourage you all to consider this view before jumping on the bandwagon of "screw those reckless, thoughtless delinquents; they get what they deserve," because the way our country is planning to handle these issues is much more reminiscent of nazi germany than anything we consider this country to be.
                        So having them work for part of their upkeep is a bad thing ? Feeding, housing, clothing, and offering them education isn't worth working for ?

I could see your point about being slave labor if they were grabbed off the street and taken to a labor camp. These people did NOT have their freedom taken from them. They decided to risk their freedom when they chose to commit their crimes. They lost the bet. Tough shit.

I am aware that prison is not a 5 star resort. It is an awful place to be, no doubt. But why is that ? Because they make it that way. Prison gangs, toilet wine, cornholing, and shanking each other are not on the Warden's daily activity list. Sounds like they need something to do.

Classist and racist ? Where does that come from ? I'd like to see G Dubya picking up trash along the interstate right next to Jim the drug dealer and Larry the rapist.

Comment

BTW, Army Regulation 210-35 isn't scary if you behave yourself and stay out of prison

Comment

BTW everyone in California state prison is required to have a prison job except those on Level IV or SHU housing. I dont know where you get the idea that they are not working.

Also its easy to say "stay out of trouble and not go to prison" but do you know how many felons we have now in California because they did not know that their SKS rifle was now contraband even though they legally and lawfully purchased it? Do you know how many people became felons because they forgot to register their sporterized Armalite rifle or forgot to remove the pistol grip when they were at the range?

There are alot of cases and those are on just California gun law. I am not even going to go into those people that got felony controlled subtance charges because a perscription of theirs expired and they were in possesion of Vicodin from an old wisdom tooth operation.

So who is really going to prison now a days you would be suprised anyone and everyone is one mistake away from California prison.
                            Last edited by AK47; 11-14-2008, 02:29 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Phantom Hawk View Post
                              BTW, Army Regulation 210-35 isn't scary if you behave yourself and stay out of prison
                              But what happens when you do something menial and get arrested? Say for instance, peacefully protesting. That happens to people all the time. They aren't misbehaving but they aren't staying out of prison either.

This bill IS scary because at this point in history the Bill of Rights is in shambles and it is openly anticipated by our government that in the near future there will be a dramatic increase in prisoner population. I don't know what you see, but to me this is like 1+1=2. When you get to the point where you are arresting people and using the prisoner population as slave laborers to maintain or strengthen your system, you are in fact operating a military industrial complex. Eisenhower warned of this possibility for America in his farewell address in 1961.

The reason I would consider it to be classist and racist is because the most common types of people in prison are either poor, a minority, or both. Whether this be stigma in society, unjust policing, poor criminal skills, lack of access to education or jobs, etc., doesn't matter. At this point what would matter is that (mostly) poor minorities are being arrested and in turn they are being used as a slave labor force to aid the criminal justice system in policing and prosecuting more (mostly) poor minorities. Quite a "vicious cycle."
                              Last edited by nsubulysses; 11-14-2008, 02:49 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by AK47 View Post
                                Also its easy to say "stay out of trouble and not go to prison" but do you know how many felons we have now in California because they did not know that their SKS rifle was now contraband even though they legally and lawfully purchased it? Do you know how many people became felons because they forgot to register their sporterized Armalite rifle or forgot to remove the pistol grip when they were at the range?

There are alot of cases and those are on just California gun law. I am not even going to go into those people that got felony controlled subtance charges because a perscription of theirs expired and they were in possesion of Vicodin from an old wisdom tooth operation.

So who is really going to prison now a days you would be suprised anyone and everyone is one mistake away from California prison.
                                Seriously it gets easier pretty much everyday to get arrested. This is not a promising trend. It is an attack on American people to withhold power from them.

Comment

Working...
                                X