No announcement yet.

Oh, great... Best Buy!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Interesting. I don't buy guitars from Guitar Center, and I sure as hell won't be buying them from Best Buy.
    I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Originally posted by mattsmusiccenter View Post
      The funniest thing is that GC opened alot of their stores right next to Best Buy's due to their high level of traffic. Oops! This will be major competition for GC.
      Yep, they are a couple doors down from each other here.

Comment

I do not think so on the full MSRP. They still have online competition to deal with. Another thing to BB advantage is Gift Cards, which is real handy for the holidays. Most grocery stores around here sell BB gift cards and that is a bonus so people dont have to go all the way to a GC or BB. Costco next?
        ...that taste like tart, lemon yogart

Comment

So GC came to town and now all our other music stores have closed, the last one finally went under just last week. I would find it very amusing if the best buy that is one block from GC put a serious dent into their sales. Our GC sucks anyway and I have to drive an hour or go online.

Comment

Originally posted by mattsmusiccenter View Post
            I disagree, Best Buy has a better grip on their customer demographics than anyone out there. They know exactly who shops at their stores, what their customers will buy and what they won't buy. Best Buy know's very well what they're doing and they'll probably be extremely good at it.
            I'm sure they have an extensive amount of data on their customers. However, I feel that they are reaching too far from what they are known for. I see a lot of companies trying to be everything to all people and they end up changing course. I'm in the middle of this very thing right now. When you get down to it, who is really going to buy more than a POS guitar from Best Buy? No guitar players. I wouldn't lose any sleep over this.

I have 3 GC's within 40 minutes of my home and non of them are even close to a Best Buy.
            Last edited by MikeStrat; 07-18-2008, 08:10 PM.
            "You have a pud..your wife has a face. Next time she bitches..I'd play cock bongos on her cheeks..all four of them!" - Bill Z.
            I just just had a sudden urge to sugga dick..! If I wore that guitar and didn't suck male genitalia..somethin' is very wrong! - Bill Z.

Comment

I can't wait when Penzoil starts selling diapers. It'll be huge.
              It'll be a major break through that will clearly expand their market presence and profits.
              Peace, Love and Happieness and all that stuff...

"Anyone who tries to fling crap my way better have a really good crap flinger."

I personally do not care how it was built as long as it is a good playing/sounding instrument.

Yes, there's a bee in the pudding.

Comment

They will probably sell a lot of stuff to parents who are there to buy a bigscreen TV and the kid drags them into the music section. Looks good on paper but we'll have to see what really happens.

We have a Best Buy coming into a new shoping center a couple miles from me in October 2009. The project is called The Promenade and is probably going to be the biggest shopping center in the area, anchored by Target, Best Buy and Kohl's department store. We don't have a GC here, just a Music-Go-Round and a few local small chains.
                Ron is the MAN!!!!

Comment

Best Buy sells the higher end digital SLR's and they are usually substantially higher than the independents here in LA. GC could use a push towards the highend. I wish BB would sell higher end electronics. If you want the good stuff, it's in the Magnolia store-in-a-store, but the selection is rather slim.
                  Last edited by Bri; 07-19-2008, 05:27 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by thetroy View Post
                    Weird. I wonder which stores they did, because the 2 I've been in near me do not look any different than they did 5 years ago (except for the huge guitar hero and rock band displays...).
                    Aurora and Downers Grove.

I've been hearing this a lot on the radio. I'll probably check it out sometime, but not sure if I'll acutally shop there.
                    Occupy JCF

Comment

Wal-Mart, K-Mart, Best Buy...who cares as long as they can deliver a good higher end product for a good price
                      shawnlutz.com

Comment

Originally posted by toejam View Post
                        Interesting. I don't buy guitars from Guitar Center, and I sure as hell won't be buying them from Best Buy.
                        I cruise through looking for used guitars only. They are getting more knowledgeable on used guitars though

Comment

Whatever you do, don't let the Geek Squad install your new pickups! They already blew up my girlfriend's computer.

Comment

Originally posted by Shawn Lutz View Post
                            Wal-Mart, K-Mart, Best Buy...who cares as long as they can deliver a good higher end product for a good price

Exactly! This will probably be very successful.. It's good news for the consumer and bad news for the price gouging competition.

Comment

Not really, all the manufacturers have MAP pricing and Best Buy will have to adhere to that.

Originally posted by jacksoncsplayer View Post
                              Exactly! This will probably be very successful.. It's good news for the consumer and bad news for the price gouging competition.
                              Special deals for JCF members on Jackson/Charvel, Suhr, Anderson, Nash, Splawn, Bogner, LSL, Ibanez, Diezel, Friedman, Bad Cat, 3rd Power, Dr. Z, ENGL and more. FREE SHIPPING! 0% FINANCING!

Comment

KMART = yard and garden supplies

Wal-Mart = fishing lures, dog food, some groceries, tube sox

Best Buy = better tube sox, better groceries, better liquor

I think I'll stick with the mom and pop dealerships for my musical needs.
                                "POOP"

Comment

Working...
                                X