$600 tax stimulis

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by J_A / 540s View Post
    Not a bad way to look at it... except to be fair to the citizens He still owes about 50K per person for suffering & it should come directly from his familiy's oil money
    +1000 on that.
    "Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the the universe.

I hate stupid people.

http://www.myspace.com/28wicked

Comment

i know gas has gone up over in the usa how does it compare
      to us in uk its £1.20 a gallon over here. a year ago it was around 80pence
      its costing me tons as i use a van alot at work as im self employed
      Last edited by gotwtt; 05-06-2008, 09:01 PM.
      "Oh please, please dress as my sexy dead wife!" -

Comment

Is it £1.20 per gallon or per liter?

Comment

Originally posted by thetroy View Post
          Is it £1.20 per gallon or per liter?
          a gallon don't know how many liters are in a gallon
          but over here in the uk its in gallons
          "Oh please, please dress as my sexy dead wife!" -

Comment

according to http://www.onlineconversion.com/volume.htm US & UK gallons are different. Apparently a UK gallon is about 4.546 litres & a US (liquid) gallon is about 3.785 litres.

We're currently paying about $1.50 litre over here. Which would work out to around $6.70 per UK gallon. Which, at current exchange rates, comes out at about £3.20 per gallon. Glad I don't own a V8 anymore.
            Hail yesterday

Comment

Ours then is on the order of £2 per UK gallon

Comment

Originally posted by ABSOLUT CHARVEL View Post
                The federal government is sending each and every one of us a $600 rebate.
                Just curious: WHY is your government sending a $600 rebate to (almost) each and every one of you ? I still didn't get that !
                Originally posted by RD
                ... now it goes to med bills
                Again curious: What exactly is that 80/20 insurance you (US-) guys mentioned in that thread regarding your daughter (my best wishes to her !)
                uva uvam vivendo varia fit

Comment

Originally posted by Franx View Post
                  Just curious: WHY is your government sending a $600 rebate to (almost) each and every one of you ? I still didn't get that !

Again curious: What exactly is that 80/20 insurance you (US-) guys mentioned in that thread regarding your daughter (my best wishes to her !)
                  Because our economy is in a recession, the government is sending out the money to taxpayers to stimulate the economy with additional spending.

As for 80/20 insurance, that means your insurance company only pays 80% of your medical bills and you're responsible for the other 20% on your own.

Let's say you were in the hospital for 4-5 days having tests run. You could easily have a bill of $50,000 or more. Under 80/20 insurance you would still have to come up with $10,000 of your own money even after the insurance pays its share.
                  Ron is the MAN!!!!

Comment

Yep I get no $$$ stimuli and I pay $800 a month for bullshit 80/20 healthcare.

The wife and I was better off in the late 80's-early 90's when we made shy of 20K a year. We never missed a bill, always paid the mortgage, I bought and sold more guitars/amps/guns than ever..always went out to eat or the movies and put money in the bank...the good ol' days.

I bought our first house for 30K. I remember when we NEVER had medical co-pays of any kind.

Everyone is broke, fuel cost sucks, this war sucks, healthcare sucks, our economy sucks..we MUST stop Global Warming now..its killing us!
                    "Bill, Smoke a Bowl and Crank Van Halen I, Life is better when I do that"
                    Donnie Swanstrom 01/25/06..miss ya!

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

Originally posted by gotwtt View Post
                      a gallon don't know how many liters are in a gallon
                      but over here in the uk its in gallons

gas around me is $3.59/gallon, so that would make it £2.18/UK gallon. That's odd, I always thought gas in the UK and Europe was way more expensive than us.
                      Scott

Comment

Originally posted by lerxstcat View Post
                        As for 80/20 insurance, that means your insurance company only pays 80% of your medical bills and you're responsible for the other 20% on your own.

Let's say you were in the hospital for 4-5 days having tests run. You could easily have a bill of $50,000 or more. Under 80/20 insurance you would still have to come up with $10,000 of your own money even after the insurance pays its share.
                        Let me explain just a little bit further. If you have an 80/20 policy, it means that the insurance company will pay 80% of "APPROVED" charges based on their fee schedule. As an example, if I charge $80.00 for an initial evaluation, the insurance company may determine that my rates are too high and they may think $60.00 is a fair price. That mean's that they pay 80% of $60.00, not the billed amount of $80.00. Bottom line, the policyholder gets stuck with whatever the insurance fails to pay.
                        "POOP"

Comment

Originally posted by Mrs Tekky View Post
                          The fun part of this is that most parents won't get the credit for the college students because the kids are too old - even though they can be claimed as dependents on a tax return the student is too old be a qualifying child.
                          This is exactly the case with my son. He's a senior in high school but missed the cutoff for this thing by a few months. I was expecting 1200 but only got 900. So much for my granite countertop.

Comment

It doesnt matter anyway. This whole thing is a smoke screen. You cant stimulate anything if you keep outsourcing jobs and cutting wages. You cant stimulate anything if you have criminals sending 48 BILLION a year back to mexico. Thats a trade deficit. You cant have any "new " money coming in if you dont manufacture and sell anything. Our economy is based on debt. The govt is in debt as are too many of its people. Im so tired of hearing that they do jobs americans wont do... Americans used to make a great living doing contruction trades. Americans used to make good money doing landscaping. Americans used to make good money doing manufacturing.. The bottom line is americans wont do it for low wages.

This whole thing is a joke. Its my money anyway. They arent givng me anything. They are letting me have it back. I hope the sheeple wake up soon and throw this 2 party system out of office. They all suck!!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Bengal View Post
                              ..Mine is going to pay off the feds. I won't even see a dime of it. But I guess in a strange way I'm glad the government is paying my bill for me. Still doesn't make sense to me but whatever, the bill gets paid.
                              Actually the government is just giving you back your money that they overcharged you for to begin with. So you are still spending your money.
                              "told you guys that spandex, hairspray and makeup on guys was a bad idea, and now look what happened - you all turned into women." - Newc

Comment

Originally posted by yard dawg View Post
                                It doesnt matter anyway. This whole thing is a smoke screen. You cant stimulate anything if you keep outsourcing jobs and cutting wages. You cant stimulate anything if you have criminals sending 48 BILLION a year back to mexico. Thats a trade deficit. You cant have any "new " money coming in if you dont manufacture and sell anything. Our economy is based on debt. The govt is in debt as are too many of its people. Im so tired of hearing that they do jobs americans wont do... Americans used to make a great living doing contruction trades. Americans used to make good money doing landscaping. Americans used to make good money doing manufacturing.. The bottom line is americans wont do it for low wages.

This whole thing is a joke. Its my money anyway. They arent givng me anything. They are letting me have it back. I hope the sheeple wake up soon and throw this 2 party system out of office. They all suck!!!!!!
                                AMEN to that!!!!!!
                                "told you guys that spandex, hairspray and makeup on guys was a bad idea, and now look what happened - you all turned into women." - Newc

Comment

Working...
                                X