$600 tax stimulis

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by mwm70 View Post
    Actually the government is just giving you back your money that they overcharged you for to begin with. So you are still spending your money.
    Not really. I do alot of freelance work, work that taxes are not taken out of. So each year I owe the feds and the state a certain ammount because some of my income is not taxed.

So it's not my money, it's money I owe to the feds. They undercharged me, hence the bill. They didn't overcharge me, I shorted them.
    I'm angry because you're stupid

Comment

Originally posted by mwm70 View Post
      Actually the government is just giving you back your money that they overcharged you for to begin with. So you are still spending your money.
      That's how it is with the tax return, but this is just an extra $600 given to everyone no matter how much they overpaid or underpaid.

Yard Dawg - you might get your wish as far as outsourcing goes if the dollar continues to drop. If it's cheaper to keep employees in the US than it is in Mexico, China, Vietnam, India, etc. then companies will stop outsourcing.
      Scott

Comment

Originally posted by SEEGERMANY View Post
        Let me explain just a little bit further. If you have an 80/20 policy, ..... the policyholder gets stuck with whatever the insurance fails to pay.
        I see ... having any bad accident or just getting real sick could bring you to ruin !?!

How much do you have to pay for that kind of insurance ?

Over here it's ~ 18 % of my income that goes to the insurance company - and I don't have a choice - but all and everything is covered (well almost: I'd have a high deductible on eyeglasses and dental prothesis)

Would you have a choice ? Could you go for 90/10 or 100/0 ?

That $600 rebate is funny. But be sure, it's the same over here. They reduce taxes once in a while and the prices go up, so you lose anyway.
        But it's a smart way to send a $600 check instead of a monthly tax reduction, because I wouldn't plan a round the world cruise just because 50 bucks a month "more" ! But getting a 600 bucks check ? I'd scan eBay for Jacksons !
        uva uvam vivendo varia fit

Comment

Franx,
          Yep, one bad injury or illness and some people go bankrupt.

You don't want to know how much we spend on this 80/20 bullshit. Way too much.

I'd be all for a system like you have. 18% seems a bit high but I'm not sure what percentage I'm paying now. Could be close to that anyway.

Comment

If you have a thick wallet, you can get 100/0, 90/10, 80/20 or even 60/40 coverage with various deductibles and co-pays. I have 80/20 coverage with a $250 deductible. My monthly premium is about $400.
            "POOP"

Comment

We need to encourage health savings accounts. This is the way to go. I think if we had to pay the bills ourselves we would shop around and make Drs compete more. Have catostrophic insurance for the big stuff but the savings accounts for the regular Drs visits and such.

Comment

Yeah, America can afford that too now.

We need a better heath care system, pure and simple.

Comment

Originally posted by Bengal View Post
                  Not really. I do alot of freelance work, work that taxes are not taken out of. So each year I owe the feds and the state a certain ammount because some of my income is not taxed.

So it's not my money, it's money I owe to the feds. They undercharged me, hence the bill. They didn't overcharge me, I shorted them.

Its your money.. You earned it with your blood sweat and tears. They take it by force. Its still yours though..

You know what really pisses me off? We all whine and fuss about paying high taxes on our income but we never do anything about it. We still vote for the 2 partys no matter what they do.

Why do people who dont like big govt and higher taxes insist on voting for the same crap? Its insane. There are other candidates who HATE big govt and high taxes but never get the votes of the sheeple. I will not vote for a rep or a dem ever again. They have proven neither party can be trusted to shrink the govt and cut taxes in a way that is permanent.

Comment

Originally posted by yard dawg View Post
                    Its your money.. You earned it with your blood sweat and tears. They take it by force. Its still yours though..

You know what really pisses me off? We all whine and fuss about paying high taxes on our income but we never do anything about it. We still vote for the 2 partys no matter what they do.

Why do people who dont like big govt and higher taxes insist on voting for the same crap? Its insane. There are other candidates who HATE big govt and high taxes but never get the votes of the sheeple. I will not vote for a rep or a dem ever again. They have proven neither party can be trusted to shrink the govt and cut taxes in a way that is permanent.
                    Alright, I guess you could say it's my money. I'll go with that.

I also agree that we need a viable 3rd and even 4th party to really make change. The 2 party system is broken and has been for a long time.

It's funny that the Republicans bill themselves as the party for smaller government but just look how Bush grew the government in his 8 years. Dems are considered the party to raise taxes but that's going to happen. It has to happen. The war needs to be paid for sooner or later. China is going to want their money. So if the Dems get elected, they will raise taxes and people will bitch. But they are just correcting the damage done by Bush.

I am getting very disenfranchised with the government.

Comment

Yeah, America can afford that too now.

We need a better heath care system, pure and simple.
                      We need a new payment system. The healthcare industry has its problems like the drug companies lying about safety and such but I do get great care when I go to a Dr. The way healthcare gets paid for is the problem and I do not want the US govt paying for it and being involved in it in any way.

Comment

The problem with that is people don't "shop around" for doctors. They find one they like and stick with them. People are brand loyal to doctors the most. So even if they could, I don't think people would shop around.

Hell, I've had the same doctor for 28 years.

Medicare works pretty good, I could do with that.

Comment

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of..._United_States

plenty of choices but no one cares.

Comment

Right, tons of parties, none of the viable. That's the problem, people don't want to feel like they have wasted their vote. But what makes them viable is support from the voters so it's really a vicious circle.

Comment

Just to chime in on health insurance...my employer pays the premium. I get 90/10 up to $1000, and then 100/0. I could pay more for 90/10 up to $500, or 100/0, but I don't think it's worth it.

Obviously, I'm against any federally-mandated health insurance premium/tax. What I am for is mandating that businesses provide optional health insurance to their employees, full-time or part-time. The only peolpe without health insurance then would be the ones who refused to get it, or the ones without jobs.

The other option is to make healthcare completely free and pay the doctors/staff with tax money. Essentially give everyone Medicare.
                              Last edited by Spivonious; 05-07-2008, 01:55 PM.
                              Scott

Comment

Right, tons of parties, none of the viable. That's the problem, people don't want to feel like they have wasted their vote. But what makes them viable is support from the voters so it's really a vicious circle.

People dont realize they are wasting there votes by voting for the status quo. I blame it on the dumbing down of america. People care more about who gets voted off the island or american idol more than they care about what the govt is doing to them from behind. :ROTF:

Comment

Working...
                                X