Bands that have jumped the shark the worst

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Motorhead.

The day that Lemmy moved to LA, washed his hair and got a side parting.

Or maybe it was the day Fast Eddy got the boot in favour of a couple of crusties, one of whom now releases techno dance music, I believe. That says it all, really.
    So I woke up,rolled over and who was lying next to me? Only Bonnie Langford!

I nearly broke her back

Comment

Queensryche
      Metallica
      Def Leppard
      Megadeth jumped the shark WAAAAY more than Metallica. Exhibit A: Breadline.

Comment

Originally posted by Venomboy View Post
        Queensryche
        Metallica
        Def Leppard
        but they're in recovery
        Jackson KV2T Black Ghost Flames with EMG's

Comment

Queensryche
          Metallica
          Def Leppard
          Not true.
          Master of Puppets was 86. Megadeth put out Rust in Peace in 90. After that they both sucked. And Dave has done alot to make up for all the crap since RIP with the last couple albums. Metallica is still sucking major ass.
          Last edited by blindmuddy; 03-26-2008, 04:43 PM.
          http://www.myspace.com/chriswestfallguitar

Comment

I meant Megadeth's music after RIP sucks waaay more than Metallica's after Master.

Comment

Originally posted by Axewielder View Post
              ...and the singing.
              Flying in a blue dream! epic fail! (aside from the title track)
              DIVIDE THIS LAND | DIRTY 'N' HEAVY, SERVED PIPING HOT

Comment

I meant Megadeth's music after RIP sucks waaay more than Metallica's after Master.
                I disagree I can listen to any megadeth its just not what I'd call "metal" but ST. Anger that's all I have to say about that.......
                Jackson KV2T Black Ghost Flames with EMG's

Comment

Originally posted by Szostak View Post

Comment

Originally posted by CharvelRocker View Post
                    Judas Priest also churned out two horrible CDs, Turbo and Ram it Down. Turbo had it's moment, but once the first side ended it wasn't worth it to flip it over. Ram it Down was just an awful CD. Granted, I think those efforts were in part hurt by corporate roadblocks (IE how they were originally going to be combined) and stupid career moves (not doing the Top Gun theme). Even Painkiller was an overall weak CD, trying to do thrash but they couldn't quite get past the cheese, despite Painkiller being an awesome song....

The remastered Turbo cd has an amazing previously unreleased track, "All Fired Up". I'm a huge Priest fan, went to the Screaming, Defenders and Turbo tours, and this is one of my favorite Priest tunes. What idiot didn't vote this masterpiece onto the album whenever it was written?
                    Jackson KV2
                    Jackson KE1T
                    Jackson KE1F
                    Jackson SL1

Comment

Originally posted by Rsmacker View Post
                      Here's me thinking "jumping the shark" was some sexual deviance I hadn't tried, I was getting really excited at the prospect.

Anyhow :

And one that some people are still getting nice fat cheques for. I wish I could write a cheesy pile of shit like that, it wouldn't do my Thrash Metal Grrr Factor any good, but it would pay the mortgage on my pad in Monaco. And come on now, we ALL know it, and I bet we are ALL singing the chorus in our heads, no matter how much we hate it!!!

Aaaaargh, "get out of my head, poo-hole". (Rik, Young Ones, circa 1984.)

Speaking of jumping the shark! When Niel released Hole in my shoe!!! dear god!! What were they thinking??

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YB0UZN83N-w

They totally sold out...

In the future though I need to remember to not buy guitars while on Nyquil

Comment

you're kidding, right? You think Megadeth ever released anything as atrocious as Stanger? Plus Dave & Junior never cut off all their hair to wear cowboy hats. And Dave never took lessons to learn how to sing-aah!

Originally posted by Szostak View Post
                        What was that mellow tune, Bells of Lal? I quite liked that. And Mystical Potato Head Groove Thing & One Big Rush were pretty good too. Basically the none-singing, non-banjo, non-harmonica stuff
                        Hail yesterday

Comment

Originally posted by VitaminG View Post
                          What was that mellow tune, Bells of Lal? I quite liked that. And Mystical Potato Head Groove Thing & One Big Rush were pretty good too. Basically the none-singing, non-banjo, non-harmonica stuff
                          One song i get a kick out of but absolutely hate is Phone Call ... "gimme dat phone!" :ROTF:
                          DIVIDE THIS LAND | DIRTY 'N' HEAVY, SERVED PIPING HOT

Comment

Since nobody's mentioned it, what about Swan Song from Carcass? Definitely hear that mentioned a lot as their "sellout" or whatever, even though they disbanded after it. I actually like the album, it's got some solid songs. Even the B-sides from Wake Up and Smell the Carcass were decent. Definitely a 180 from Reek of Putrefaction, but still enjoyable if you aren't a brootalz elitist.
                            Oh, and the last In Flames album, don't even know the name. Gave up on that band after I heard Reroute to Remain.
                            EAOS: 28JUN09

Comment

Originally posted by VitaminG View Post
                              you're kidding, right? You think Megadeth ever released anything as atrocious as Stanger? Plus Dave & Junior never cut off all their hair to wear cowboy hats. And Dave never took lessons to learn how to sing-aah!
                              :ROTF: As is apparent to anyone who's ever heard Dave sing!

You know, people act derisively toward Risk which is fine, it's their opinion. But personally, I think a lot of the songs on that album were really good. Not typical Megadeth fare, no; but by no means bad songs.
                              Last edited by JacksonDean; 03-27-2008, 10:42 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by JacksonDean View Post
                                You know, people act derisively toward Risk which is fine, it's their opinion. But personally, I think a lot of the songs on that album were really good. Not typical Megadeth fare, no; but by no means bad songs.
                                yeah, a lot of people think a band can never change or evolve. guys get tired of playing and making the same junk all the time. we, as fans, expect them to give us what WE want, but sometimes an artist just FEELS something different. sometimes it may be good, other times it may make you want to pop your ear drums. sometimes it is a conscious "sell out", other times it is a TRUE, ARTISTIC desire for change.....

oh, the scorpions were mentioned earlier....

after uli left, his hendrix-style writing was gone, so klaus and rudolph became the main writers. they ALWAYS wrote the "hard rock" type stuff, while uli ALWAYS wrote the neo-classical meets hendrix-style blues stuff.

though, i DO agree that the albums after lovedrive are hit and miss. the two newest ones have some good stuff, though....
                                GEAR:

some guitars...WITH STRINGS!!!! most of them have those sticks like on guitar hero....AWESOME!!!!

some amps...they have some glowing bottle like things in them...i think my amps do that modelling thing....COOL, huh?!?!?!

and finally....

i have those little plastic "chips" used to hit the strings...WHOA!!!!

Comment

Working...
                                X