No announcement yet.

Bands that have jumped the shark the worst

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

anymore, i think edguy is going commercial. tobias sammett just came out with a new avantasia album, and while i really like MOST of it, it is way more hard rock than metal. the last edguy album was WAY more hard rock than metal. if i remember right, they opened for aerosmith on their last european tour.

i can understand outgrowing metal or whatever, and i don't mind the slight style change, i DO miss their earlier stuff with double bass drumming and faster songs. to me, "the hellfire club" was a perfrect balance between staying "metal" and being accessible....
    GEAR:

some guitars...WITH STRINGS!!!! most of them have those sticks like on guitar hero....AWESOME!!!!

some amps...they have some glowing bottle like things in them...i think my amps do that modelling thing....COOL, huh?!?!?!

and finally....

i have those little plastic "chips" used to hit the strings...WHOA!!!!

Comment

Here's me thinking "jumping the shark" was some sexual deviance I hadn't tried, I was getting really excited at the prospect.

Anyhow :

Originally posted by Nuclear Vampire View Post
      We Built This City is one of the shittiest, most pointless, lame songs ever.
      And one that some people are still getting nice fat cheques for. I wish I could write a cheesy pile of shit like that, it wouldn't do my Thrash Metal Grrr Factor any good, but it would pay the mortgage on my pad in Monaco. And come on now, we ALL know it, and I bet we are ALL singing the chorus in our heads, no matter how much we hate it!!!

Aaaaargh, "get out of my head, poo-hole". (Rik, Young Ones, circa 1984.)
      So I woke up,rolled over and who was lying next to me? Only Bonnie Langford!

I nearly broke her back

Comment

true. the song is cheesier than a mega-sized grilled cheese sandwich, but the hook is big enough to bring JAWS to land...
        GEAR:

some guitars...WITH STRINGS!!!! most of them have those sticks like on guitar hero....AWESOME!!!!

some amps...they have some glowing bottle like things in them...i think my amps do that modelling thing....COOL, huh?!?!?!

and finally....

i have those little plastic "chips" used to hit the strings...WHOA!!!!

Comment

Yeah... it's scary how much of the lyrics I know, and CURSES to the OP for bringing the song up in the first place.

Comment

Originally posted by Endrik View Post
            the songs way better.... wtf are you smoking?
            90s yes, 80s i loved their stuff, permaent vacation is akiller album, 70s was good, tho i neve rliked the production that much

Comment

Originally posted by Endrik View Post
              Aerosmith
              I liked them alot more when they were all fucked up :ROTF: Draw the line was a kick ass album. I even liked them with the infamous Jimmy Crespo, he was the first guy I saw play a bitch.

Comment

Megadeth after RIP
                Jackson KV2T Black Ghost Flames with EMG's

Comment

Queensryche, Def Leppard, Dokken are in the same boat in my opinion. Great in the begining and I loved them, got Cheesy in the middle and now just put out weird music.

I loved Rush and they were great in the begining. They got cheesy with Big Money and that gay ass video with the kid on the rocket. Neil Pert is now the eqivilent of Eddie Van Halen playing rhythm guitar. He was probably the best with 2 sticks as far as rolls and stuff goes, and now he doesn't even touch his toms. The guitar tone is still there but the bass doesn't stand out, the drums don't stand out and the vocals don't stand out. That's what Rush used to be.

I loved Metallica but they flat out sold out. They had every right to but they made the big stink back in the day that they never would. I knew it was all over when they put out the Video for ONE. They let them cut the living hell out of the song while at the same time Guns & Roses was putting out 11 minute video's.

Jeffrson Air/Starship or whatever sold out bigtime. Atleast Grace knew it was time to get out.

I loved Ratt in the begining but I think they just ran out of really killer riffs. Same with Iron Maiden and Judas Priest. I think they just all ran out of killer riffs.

Matt

Comment

hehh, Neil is technically better now than in the old-days, just because he doesn't do trrrr trrr trrr trrr trrr trrr on the toms so much anymore doesn't mean he isn't top of his game.... his rudimental techniques and dynamics have improved a lot
                    "There is nothing more fearful than imagination without taste" - Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

"To be stupid, selfish and have good health are three requirements for happiness, though if stupidity is lacking, all is lost" - Gustave Flaubert

Comment

Originally posted by DonP View Post
                      Maybe, but Metallica is my personal biggest disappointment. How do you go from Master to shit in just a few albums?
                      How do you go from Master to shit in a few albums??
                      Easy answer....

Cliff....
                      Bon Jovi is like a frozen Coca Cola.. It's cool, it's crunchy, but when all is said and done it is still pop....

Comment

I agree with the obvious bands mentioned.

Did anyone mention Savatage? They kept the name after co-founder Criss Oliva died after Edge of Thorns..it was never the same again, not even close.

It may have worked better if Jon changed the name..because some of the post Criss stuff was OK...Ok at best.

Oh...Lynch Mob.."smoke this"..obviously George was high with that fuggin' shit...that was far beyond shit!
                        "Bill, Smoke a Bowl and Crank Van Halen I, Life is better when I do that"
                        Donnie Swanstrom 01/25/06..miss ya!

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

Twisted Sister jumped the shark right out of the gate after "Stay Hungry".

Comment

Another vote for Aerosmith, Def Leppard, Metallica
                            Why hunt ... when there is no machine gun season?

Comment

Originally posted by riffraff View Post
                              Another vote for Aerosmith, Def Leppard, Metallica
                              since when were def leppard ever on the right side of the shark??

Comment

DumpyWhumpy

I was waiting for the Cryptopsy thing! HOLY FUCK! when I heard the first leaked song I just about hung myself in frustration, then Flo has the balls to say "whisper supremacy, I can't even believe we wrote and played that stuff" as if to say that it was bad! I just about threw up last weeks dinner!

so sad, and such a huge dissapointment, I'm all for growing and altering your style, but for fucks sake, it's one thing to slow down or add some clean vocals, but to completely leave ALL your previous fans int he dust, well they might as well just change thier name!

so sad

C

Comment

Working...
                                X