Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Jack The Riffer View Post
    Queensryche after Operation Mindcrime.
    +1...I was thinking the same thing. I'M AMERICAN!! I'M AMERICAN!! Blegh.

Comment

Metallica after the Black Album.

Comment

Originally posted by Nuclear Vampire View Post
        Even in the '80's it was cheese, and people had a hard time recognizing cheese back then.
        :ROTF:

so true!!

Comment

metallica before the black album

Comment

Originally posted by Ralph E. View Post
            Dokken with that ATROCIOUS alternative clone "Dysfunctional" cd.
            WE DO NOT SPEAK OF THAT HERE!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by CharvelRocker View Post
              Even Painkiller was an overall weak CD, trying to do thrash but they couldn't quite get past the cheese, despite Painkiller being an awesome song.
              lol what?? painkiller is an immense album...and i would have called it power metal...it ain't remotely thrash

Comment

Aerosmith
                "There is nothing more fearful than imagination without taste" - Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

"To be stupid, selfish and have good health are three requirements for happiness, though if stupidity is lacking, all is lost" - Gustave Flaubert

Comment

i don't think they really sold out, getting clean really helped them, the songs were way better, although a bit too slick these days, actually yeah ur right they sold out in the 1990s

Comment

Cryptopsy... anyone who has heard the few new leaked songs will know what I'm talking about...

Comment

Originally posted by cookiemonster2 View Post
                      Metallica after the Black Album.
                      Originally posted by eddie_van_earache View Post
                      metallica before the black album
                      I'm probably not doing my ass any favors by commenting on these because I'm sure it'll get kicked.... That said, this is my view of Metallica.

While I'm not, and haven't ever been, the biggest Metallica fan, Metallica has been accused of selling out since Kill 'Em All came out. So they've been hearing that crap since day one "above ground." I think their first four albums are okay. I'm not a fan of Kirk or his playing, but I'll be the last to deny him his place in music history. Some of their songs are simply stand out great ("One," "For Whom the Bells Toll," "Fade to Black").

I think their eponymous album was when they actually were jumping the shark, so to speak. The album had some okay stuff on it, but it definitely wasn't on par with their first few albums. And everything that came out after that was a disaster. That collection of tunes, coupled with the Napster thing, and Some Kind of Monster made them a joke in the eyes of most people who were fed up with them. We always here "going back to our roots," but I think they'd lose there as well. Their new found preppy fans (Metallica and onward) wouldn't appreciate their roots, etc. And I think going backwards is more of a sell out any way. Did they sell out? I don't think so, any more than they sold out with Kill 'Em All; I think they simply evolved in a direction that most of us who enjoyed and liked their early stuff just couldn't get into. I mean, when your kid sister's favorite bands are Aqua, Britney Spears, and Metallica something is definitely not right with the world.

However you view them, Metallica's an easy target because they are simply the best known metal band around.

Comment

Originally posted by sonicsamurai View Post
                        i don't think they really sold out, getting clean really helped them, the songs were way better, although a bit too slick these days, actually yeah ur right they sold out in the 1990s
                        the songs way better.... wtf are you smoking?
                        "There is nothing more fearful than imagination without taste" - Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

"To be stupid, selfish and have good health are three requirements for happiness, though if stupidity is lacking, all is lost" - Gustave Flaubert

Comment

Originally posted by JacksonDean View Post
                          However you view them, Metallica's an easy target because they are simply the best known metal band around.
                          Maybe, but Metallica is my personal biggest disappointment. How do you go from Master to shit in just a few albums?

Comment

Originally posted by DonP View Post
                            Maybe, but Metallica is my personal biggest disappointment. How do you go from Master to shit in just a few albums?
                            I think they got the idea that anything they put out will sell. And they were right. It does. Because they're Metallica.

At some point they forgot the "We are Metallica, you are Metallica" mentality.

Comment

Van Halen after 1984
                              Don't forget the corn. It's nutritious, delicious, and ribbed for her pleasure.

Comment

I always thougt Metallica was pretty much awful from the beginning.

go to any farm, grab a goat, make it angry and give it a guitar and there you have James Hetfield.
                                Out Of Ideas

Comment

Working...
                                X