No announcement yet.

Bands that have jumped the shark the worst

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Paradise Lost when they decided to become Depeche Mode, massive dissapointment
    Suicidal Tendancies, art of revoloution = shit sandwich
    Pearl Jam ,vitology , what the fuck were they thinking??
    Anthrax , state of euphoria , the album cover is really an illustration of their careers going down the shitter.

Comment

Originally posted by Gartron View Post
      Anthrax , state of euphoria , the album cover is really an illustration of their careers going down the shitter.
      HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA - that is great!!!!!
      GEAR:

some guitars...WITH STRINGS!!!! most of them have those sticks like on guitar hero....AWESOME!!!!

some amps...they have some glowing bottle like things in them...i think my amps do that modelling thing....COOL, huh?!?!?!

and finally....

i have those little plastic "chips" used to hit the strings...WHOA!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by DumpyWumpy View Post
        Cryptopsy... anyone who has heard the few new leaked songs will know what I'm talking about...
        yeah, WTF HAPPENED?!
        DIVIDE THIS LAND | DIRTY 'N' HEAVY, SERVED PIPING HOT

Comment

Children of Bodom anyone? Anyone who listened to and enjoyed Something Wild knows what I mean ...
          DIVIDE THIS LAND | DIRTY 'N' HEAVY, SERVED PIPING HOT

Comment

Originally posted by Gartron View Post
            Suicidal Tendancies, art of revoloution = shit sandwich
            So true. I still love old vato punk ST, what happened?...

Comment

Originally posted by åron View Post
              So true. I still love old vato punk ST, what happened?...
              Join The Army happened.
              I'm angry because you're stupid

Comment

Originally posted by Szostak View Post
                Children of Bodom anyone? Anyone who listened to and enjoyed Something Wild knows what I mean ...

I was just showing my kid that!!!
                "Bill, Smoke a Bowl and Crank Van Halen I, Life is better when I do that"
                Donnie Swanstrom 01/25/06..miss ya!

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

Metallica after Master of Puppets
                  I want REAL change. I want dead bodies littering the capitol.

- Newc

Comment

Testament when they released "Demonic". WTF was all that about? Is Chuck Billy still trying to be a cookie monster or has he gone back to his original (and perfectly good) vocal style.

Machine Head. "Burn My Eyes" was truly a classic, I was gutted when Vio-lence called it a day and then Robb Flynn resurfaces with a blinding effort. I bought it on the strength of his presence before I'd even heard it.

Then they started to get on my tits. They were like a nasty case of recurring genital warts (is there ever a "nice case"?), every fucking time I opened Kerrang, there he was, Mr Flynn, with a cock-ring through his nose, looking like a particularly malicious garden gnome with his trousers hanging round his arse.

They toured a couple of times, nice small venues, packed them, were undeniably very good, but then came back and supported Slayer, playing the same set again, albeit shorter. I was sick of the sight of them by then, so spent their set shouting for Saxon songs, which I gleefully noted was taken up by other more vocal members of the audience. (Apart from when they were singing "You fat bastard" at the drummer).

I think Donington was after that, which was appalling. Not their fault, Fatso had left/refused to come to England to do the festival, but their replacement drummer was playing at half-speed. Robb Flynn wore purple trousers (round his arse).
                    I threw bottles of piss.

Now, I'm a fair man, believe it or not, so when they released "The More Things Change", I was there the day it came out. I think there must have been a Special Edition extra thing with it "only available on the day of release". (Yep, I'm gullible too)

What a pile of shit. Amount of times played = 2, maybe 3 max, certainly no more than 4. If they had spent more time writing tunes than turning up at the Kerrang Awards and acting hard, or gurning from the pages of every magazine holding fucking skateboards or Kerry King's hand, that would have been time better served.

And still they kept turning up, more tours, festivals, Kerr-fucking-rang, Metal fucking Hammer, erm, Smash fucking Hits, always looking mean and moody (Robb Flynn doing his best "scaring herons away from the pond" face)

Finally, the first Ozzfest here in the UK, they are on the bill. Logan Mader was actually dressed as a pineapple, I shit you not. (erm, it's just possible he was in Ar-soulfly by then, I dunno. The whole gig was shite, apart from Sabbath, even though they played a short set)

That fucking prick Flynn even turned up on the most brilliant Live LP in a dog's age, "Another Lesson In Violence" by Exodus (with Paul Baloff), growling and sounding like he needed a fucking good hiding.

The next thing you know someone is incredulously telling me that MH have a load of rapping on their record!!! I lost interest in them waaay before that, but that sealed it for me.........

........then a couple of years ago, I'm at Donington, trying to see fucking Slayer (who were apparently stuck in a pie shop somewhere) when I spy Machine Head on the main stage, with some geezer who looks like he has a 12 year old's haircut and a pair of trousers that look like his Mum shrunk them in the wash. They don't do anything for me at all, I am totally unmoved by the performance, I recognise the odd track, but can't even raise the enthusiasm to fill a bottle of piss to throw.

THEN, long afterwards, I find out that the weird looking fucker is none other than Phil Demmel. I could have cried. Another hero from Vio-lence, released a fucking brilliant LP with his band Torque, then turning up as The Diddyman's sidekick. What a waste of talent.

Now together, they may have written and released something worthy of their pedigree, but for me, Machine Head have long jumped the shark, gaffed it, clunked it over the head, made sharkfin soup out of it, posed next the jaws looking hard, made sharkskin cowboy boots to keep RF's tootsies warm when he is fishing in someone's garden pond (with his trousers round his arse), and had the rest stuffed and displayed in a glass case, I'm just not interested!

Phew, glad I got that off my chest.

Ah yeah! The thing that really really made me realise what a prick Robb "Ronnie Corbett" Flynn was, came in an interview I read where he was saying he had been watching some riot in Oakland, when the rioters suddenly decided they didn't like the cut of his jib and chased him. Apparently he had to "pedal really hard on his BMX to get away". WTF????? BMX???? He's a grown man (well, he's an adult man, he didn't grow very much), just what was he thinking of? Hanging with "the kids"? Going to sit on a crock of gold somewhere?

Fucking idiot.
                    So I woke up,rolled over and who was lying next to me? Only Bonnie Langford!

I nearly broke her back

Comment

Originally posted by Bengal View Post
                      Join The Army happened.
                      And they appeared on Miami Vice!!! Whaaaaat?????
                      So I woke up,rolled over and who was lying next to me? Only Bonnie Langford!

I nearly broke her back

Comment

Originally posted by horns666 View Post
                        I agree with the obvious bands mentioned.

Did anyone mention Savatage? They kept the name after co-founder Criss Oliva died after Edge of Thorns..it was never the same again, not even close.

It may have worked better if Jon changed the name..because some of the post Criss stuff was OK...Ok at best.
                        For me Criss was not the most important part of the band.

I happen to like Savatage (and TSO) post-1990 WAY WAY WAY more than the 80's stuff. They are way better when Jon isn't singing IMO. I also like all of their songs with piano more than the ones without piano for some reason. The song "Edge of Thorns" and the whole "Beethoven's Last Night" album kick major ass.

But I'm not nearly as metal as you...

Comment

i think after the stones came out with 3 great albums (some girls, black & blue, emotion rescue) they gave up. i cant name one song off of what ever came after that...
                          ...that taste like tart, lemon yogart

Comment

Ozzy...everything after Diary...everything after that is a single with 7 b sides.

Comment

Originally posted by Rsmacker View Post
                              Machine Head. "Burn My Eyes" was truly a classic, I was gutted....
                              Sir, I take my hat off to you.
                              But only my hat...

Comment

Originally posted by stevieb91 View Post
                                How do you go from Master to shit in a few albums??
                                Easy answer....

Cliff....
                                Amen to that....
                                "told you guys that spandex, hairspray and makeup on guys was a bad idea, and now look what happened - you all turned into women." - Newc

Comment

Working...
                                X