No announcement yet.

WOW. Kids are not really smart

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bengal. You are reaching here. So the other kids just stood around for how long before they decided to pull him out?
    I am a true ass set to this board.

Comment

Originally posted by fett View Post
      Bengal. You are reaching here. So the other kids just stood around for how long before they decided to pull him out?
      No fett, you are. You expect KIDS to have the same thought process as an adult. That is a reach.

They explained they thought he was kidding around with the thrashing. Sounds like a childs mentality to me.
      I'm angry because you're stupid

Comment

I never died falling off monkey bars that were built into concrete.
        I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Originally posted by toejam View Post
          I never died falling off monkey bars that were built into concrete.
          But kids have.

But that's using something for what it was intended for. Playing on monkey bars is a bit different than buring your head in sand or throwing lawn darts and your friends feet.

Comment

These kids are old enough to know. I don't buy this kids will be kids stuff. Not anymore. This ain't the'50's.

Comment

These kids are old enough to know. I don't buy this kids will be kids stuff. Not anymore. This ain't the'50's.
              OK, and I'm calling you heartless.

Comment

Let's see if I can remember some of the stupid things I did as a young kid growing up in Rutherford, NJ.

Swam in the storm drain next to the Erie railroad tracks in a torrential downpour.

Swam in the intersection of Union Ave and Wood Ave when it was flooded after a heavy rain.

Chopped down an assload of trees along the railroad tracks with no logging experience.

Threw huge hunks of ice and snow at passing cars on Erie Ave, then hid in my friend's attic.

Threw crabapples at the bus driver along Union Ave and hit him in the face once when his window was open.

Hit a baseball into the windshield of the bus along Union Ave. (by mistake)

Rode shopping carts down Washington Hill, routinely.

Rode sleds down Washington Steep.

That is just some shit I could think of off the top of my head that could have caused injury or death to myself or others. Kids do stupid things. It is a fact of life.
                Scott
                Be without fear in the face of your enemies. Be brave and upright, that God may love thee. Speak the truth always, even if it leads to your death. Safeguard the helpless and do no wrong.

Comment

fett,
                  This discussion does beg the question, did you raise your kids?

Comment

I'm not heartless at all. I tried in my trailerpark to remind the kids of the hazzards with cars. I told the kids about the sun hitting a car's windshield. But this incident is way different. These kids were talked into doing a very stupid thing. What's the next stunt? Let's see how long I can keep my head under water with a hand, sand, holding me down.

Comment

I'm not heartless at all. I tried in my trailerpark to remind the kids of the hazzards with cars. I told the kids about the sun hitting a car's windshield. But this incident is way different. These kids were talked into doing a very stupid thing. What's the next stunt? Let's see how long I can keep my head under water with a hand, sand, holding me down.
                      I'm still not seeing your point. Kids were talked into doing a stupid thing? That's par for the course when your young. Maybe it wasn't in your hippie-california-lovein 50's and 60's but times started changing in the 70's. Kids get talked into doing stupid shit all the time.

I'm trying to think if I've told my kids that they can't breathe under sand. I really don't think I have. I guess I'll have to do that when I get home.

Comment

Originally posted by Bengal View Post
                        fett,
                        This discussion does beg the question, did you raise your kids?
                        I raised babifett, my son Keith, by myself. His mom was dying from MS before he was born. She died when he was 5. Don't you dare question how much I care about children.

Comment

I'm pretty sure I knew I could drown in water and that being buried under sand/dirt would suffocate me when I was a kid.
                          I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

I raised babifett, my son Keith, by myself. His mom was dying from MS before he was born. She died when he was 5. Don't you dare question how much I care about children.
                            Back up fett, that's not what I was saying at all. This damn typed word is hard to convey intent. I didn't say you don't care about your kids. It's quite obvious you do.

What I was going to say is if you've raised a kid you'd know how guilable they are. It's not a fault, it's just what it is.

Comment

I'm pretty sure I knew I could drown in water and that being buried under sand/dirt would suffocate me when I was a kid.
                              But I can see to a kid how water and sand could be thought of as different. Drown in sand? That could sound very strange to a young child.

Comment

Yeah, I'm going with you and Fett on this one. I knew this easily in first grade with my first official swim lessons, and probably earlier through other things. I mean I've had my face full of sand and dirt a lot (and just when I thought I'd never end up doing that again, I joined the Marine Corps... go figure).

Comment

Working...
                                X