No announcement yet.

Speaking of traffic cops

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It's really to bad that I fucked things up when I was younger. I really would have liked to become a police officer. I'd like the thought that I was helping people that needed help. And I love to be where the shit is going down. That's what got me into news so many years ago. Photogs get to be around the shit too. But that's not the same.

That and I LOVE to watch Cops. (OK, bit of a joke there, but I do love the show. Grandaddy of all reality television)

So all you youngins reading this, be careful what you do when you're young. You have no idea how it might effect you in the future. And that's "Bengals advice for a Thursday".
    I'm angry because you're stupid

Comment

That's good advice..its so easy to screw up , especially when you're yong. I almost didn't get on..my driving record sucked when I was young. I married young, and I think that kept my silly ass in check.

I love watching Cops too..I remember watching it the week before I went into the academy and thinking I can't belive I'm going to do that shit. Then when I was on Cops in Cleveland I thought I can't believe I'm doing this shit..Now, I watch Cops and think I can't believe I did that shit.

This is what John "Clevelandmetal" is thinking now...but like me, I couldn't wait to get thru the academy..it's pretty demanding to say the least.

I suggest to everyone to go on a ride along..I guarantee you'll have a new found respect for the po-po..especially in a busy city!
      "Bill, Smoke a Bowl and Crank Van Halen I, Life is better when I do that"
      Donnie Swanstrom 01/25/06..miss ya!

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

There is legislation taking form at the grass roots level for harsher punishment for police that violate laws. I think it's called the crooked cop law or something like that.

This is happening because it's needed.

Comment

Oh no.

Fire in the hole!
          This electric phase ain't no teenage craze -UFO

Comment

Originally posted by SouthPlatteDemon View Post
            There is legislation taking form at the grass roots level for harsher punishment for police that violate laws. I think it's called the crooked cop law or something like that.

This is happening because it's needed.
            Everything was fine until the invention of the camera phone!!!

I'm so glad I'm retired..I wouldn't make it one day with those fuggin' camera phones..I know I would be on the news..my wife always says that!!!

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

Bill, you're really confusing me now.

So having video proof of police mistreatment makes it now true; where before they were just claims of mistreatment by law breaking scum that were pissed off they got busted?

That doesn't speak well for the integrity of the blue brotherhood.

Comment

Bill, you're really confusing me now.

So having video proof of police mistreatment makes it now true; where before they were just claims of mistreatment by law breaking scum that were pissed off they got busted?

That doesn't speak well for the integrity of the blue brotherhood.
                ...just being honest.

Let's say we're partners and some A-hole cleans your clock..or mine. Ummm..we really don't want any cameras around now do we?

Comment

Originally posted by horns666 View Post
                  ...just being honest.

Let's say we're partners and some A-hole cleans your clock..or mine. Ummm..we really don't want any cameras around now do we?
                  One can't take the law into their own hands even if it is justified. Right?

Why would someone become a police officer if they knew that these situations would present themselves and they wouldn't be able to continue to do the right thing?

I mean, they know what they are getting into right?

Comment

I love watching Cops too..I remember watching it the week before I went into the academy and thinking I can't belive I'm going to do that shit. Then when I was on Cops in Cleveland I thought I can't believe I'm doing this shit..Now, I watch Cops and think I can't believe I did that shit.
                    Not to derail things, but you were on Cops? Awesome

Now back to the topic, I think it's ashame for every couple good cops, you have a bad cop, and one who likes himself known by being the dick that pulls you over for doing 1 over when the truck next to you was doing 5, calling you out for jaywalking, driving like an idiot, etc. My brother had a friend who wanted to be a cop, but really decided not to after he got the one recruiter who was a jerk. In general, you will hear more about the bad than the good, it's just the way things are.

Comment

One can't take the law into their own hands even if it is justified. Right?

Why would someone become a police officer if they knew that these situations would present themselves and they wouldn't be able to continue to do the right thing?

I mean, they know what they are getting into right?
                      Ok, inject whoever your emotionally tied to in the partner scenario..people are people.

CharvelRocker..Its not the same as being a Fireman..they get all the glory. We only get the glory when we're dead..when we're "heros"..for a day or three.

Comment

When I was 13, my friend and I were messing about at the local high school. He decided to throw some rocks at some metal bleachers to make some noise. Unfortunately a police officer was walking in to the school behind said bleachers, on his way to kick some older kids out of the pool. He decided that we were trying to hit him and responded accordingly. We could have outrun him over a creek and through some woods, but decided instead to face the consequences. I wasn't really scared until more cops showed up to grill us and another 6'3 officer proclaimed he would "beat the shit" out of me if I was 18. That shaped a lifetime respect/fear for coppers.

These days, most cops I meet are good guys just doing their job, but occasionally you meet some that are heavy handed aholes. I keep things very close to the belt when dealing with popo. I don't want to get on the wrong end of someone's power trip.

Comment

Back in force this morning. It's like shooting ducks in a barrel.:ROTF:
                          I am a true ass set to this board.

Comment

Originally posted by fett View Post
                            Back in force this morning. It's like shooting ducks in a barrel.:ROTF:
                            Yes, A very big duck in a very small barrel..

Aron you are Satanic and wise.

Comment

I was referring to the cop cars.:ROTF:
                              I am a true ass set to this board.

Comment

CharvelRocker..Its not the same as being a Fireman..they get all the glory. We only get the glory when we're dead..when we're "heros"..for a day or three.
                                The irony of that is the guy was a volunteer firemen before, and just got a job as pro at Christmas time, and then I have applied as a Junior fire Fighter at the same volunteer company

Comment

Working...
                                X