Speaking of traffic cops

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by thetroy View Post
    I never said any of that. The current speed limit enforcement rules if applied to murder would be like this:

Instead of arresting every murderer, they only arrest the ones who murder people in a particularly violent way which is totally up to the individual officer.

It is pure bullshit that I can drive right past a cop while doing say 45mph in a 40mph zone and not get in trouble *IF HE'S NOT OTHERWISE ENGAGED*.

It is called a Speed LIMIT. LIMIT meaning you CANNOT go over it AT ALL.

Either change the name to Speed Guideline or change the rules regarding enforcement.
    Maybe you should just turn yourself in if you feel you shouldn't get away with doing 45 in a 40 zone! :ROTF:

The fact that YOU DON'T SEE the cop busting a bank robber when you drive by doesn't mean he isn't otherwise engaged. You have no idea what his assignment might be that supercedes taking off after someone who's driving 5 mph over the limit. So your assumption that he has nothing else to do is not necessarily valid.

I'm sure if you went up and asked him nicely though, he'd go ahead and issue you a citation!
    Ron is the MAN!!!!

Comment

Fuck that, were human beings. You set a limit, of course were going to break it. Im tired of this bs, they are there to serve US. When 85% of the population does not obey the speed limits, are 85% of the people criminals, or are the limits flawed? Think about that one.
      Imagine, being able to be magically whisked away to... Delaware. Hi... Im in... Delaware...

Comment

Originally posted by RobRR View Post
        Fuck that, were human beings. You set a limit, of course were going to break it. Im tired of this bs, they are there to serve US. When 85% of the population does not obey the speed limits, are 85% of the people criminals, or are the limits flawed? Think about that one.
        The fact that tens of thousands of people die every year in traffic accidents indicates that a lot of people can't handle their vehicles when they exceed the limits that are posted. Lots of people drink, get drunk, then drive too, and most of them actually get away with it. Does that mean we shouldn't have laws against drunk driving? Think about THAT one...
        Ron is the MAN!!!!

Comment

You know what really grinds my gears? Seeing a police officer drive by without his seatbelt on. Who gives them a seatbelt ticket? I see that a lot. Or the police officer turning on his lights to run a red light only to turn them off once he gets through the intersection. I see that more than I'd like as well.
          I'm angry because you're stupid

Comment

Originally posted by lerxstcat View Post
            Maybe you should just turn yourself in if you feel you shouldn't get away with doing 45 in a 40 zone! :ROTF:

The fact that YOU DON'T SEE the cop busting a bank robber when you drive by doesn't mean he isn't otherwise engaged. You have no idea what his assignment might be that supercedes taking off after someone who's driving 5 mph over the limit. So your assumption that he has nothing else to do is not necessarily valid.

I'm sure if you went up and asked him nicely though, he'd go ahead and issue you a citation!
            Let me get this straight...

Your argument is that they always go after the very first person they see committing a crime? They don't wait around for a "worse" offender?

As for Rob's post: Breaking the law does technically make you a criminal. The laws being flawed is a different discussion. (For the record I think we need a new and much more complicated system for licensing and traffic laws but people are too stubborn and/or stupid for it to happen.)

Comment

I think I'm the only "cop" here...wassup?

No, I'm not reading this fuggin' thread..I'm here now..so..wassup?
              "Bill, Smoke a Bowl and Crank Van Halen I, Life is better when I do that"
              Donnie Swanstrom 01/25/06..miss ya!

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

OK, I skimmed this thread. Sure, maybe some cops need to get a clue...even the good ones ain't perfect...go figure.

RobRR is clueless c/w this subject. I'm not going to sell him on anything. I don't mean any disrespect..but your mindset, attitude and logic is extremely typical..

I'm here to enlighten..people don't have a clue what cops do and why..I can explain 99.9% of it.

First, "Traffic Cops" are exactly that..that is their assignment. Their job is assigned to them by the safety director, Mayor and cheif..that's their job...period.

They take care of traffic while cops on Basic Patrol take care of radio assignments and crimes they observe such as drug activity, grand theft motor vehicle, assaults and etc..which is what I did for 13 years..before I was injured on duty.
                Last edited by horns666; 03-06-2008, 08:21 AM.

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

Originally posted by Bengal View Post
                  You know what really grinds my gears? Seeing a police officer drive by without his seatbelt on. Who gives them a seatbelt ticket? I see that a lot. Or the police officer turning on his lights to run a red light only to turn them off once he gets through the intersection. I see that more than I'd like as well.

That's a reliable and safe procedure called leap frogging..we do this to go to high priority assignments , including officer calling for assistance..

When you arrive..you don't want a fuggin' seat belt on..think man!

Ok, wassup?

Comment

Originally posted by thetroy View Post
                    Let me get this straight...

Your argument is that they always go after the very first person they see committing a crime? They don't wait around for a "worse" offender?

As for Rob's post: Breaking the law does technically make you a criminal. The laws being flawed is a different discussion. (For the record I think we need a new and much more complicated system for licensing and traffic laws but people are too stubborn and/or stupid for it to happen.)
                    You reply doesn't indicate that you understood my post at all.

I said that YOU DON'T KNOW what that cop's assignment is. Just because he's sitting roadside at the moment you pass doesn't mean he's even a tafic cop. He may be on any number of assignments that you don't know because you're not his or her supervisor.

You judging that is like me walking into your workplace and prsuming to judge whether you're doing your job, without knowing xactly what an how to do it. I wouldn't presume to do that. You can do what you want.
                    Ron is the MAN!!!!

Comment

I attacked a cop yesterday, and I didn't get arrested.

One of the instructors of the aikido dojo that I go to, is a cop
                      I wish my hair-color was EDS :/

Comment

Originally posted by lerxstcat View Post
                        You reply doesn't indicate that you understood my post at all.

I said that YOU DON'T KNOW what that cop's assignment is. Just because he's sitting roadside at the moment you pass doesn't mean he's even a tafic cop. He may be on any number of assignments that you don't know because you're not his or her supervisor.

You judging that is like me walking into your workplace and prsuming to judge whether you're doing your job, without knowing xactly what an how to do it. I wouldn't presume to do that. You can do what you want.
                        Can't argue there..

Norton..kick 'em in the balls!!!

Comment

Originally posted by horns666 View Post
                          That's a reliable and safe procedure called leap frogging..we do this to go to high priority assignments , including officer calling for assistance..

When you arrive..you don't want a fuggin' seat belt on..think man!

Ok, wassup?
                          Bill,
                          Leapfrogging? I thought it was called "Getting to Krispy Kreme Faster". OK, I'm kidding there but when I see them do it they don't look like they are in a hurry at all. Seems like they do it because they don't want to sit at a red light. I guess I could be wrong on that.

But if it's a high priority assignment, shouldn't they keep the lights on until they get there? Maybe speed a little? I don't see that a lot with this.

As for the seatbelts. If an officer is going to give me a ticket for not wearing one, he damn sure better have one on himself. Most of the police I see do wear them but some don't. That would be like a police officer busting me with weed while he's sitting in the police car drilling 4 footers.

Comment

Originally posted by Bengal View Post
                            Bill,
                            Leapfrogging? I thought it was called "Getting to Krispy Kreme Faster". OK, I'm kidding there but when I see them do it they don't look like they are in a hurry at all. Seems like they do it because they don't want to sit at a red light. I guess I could be wrong on that.

But if it's a high priority assignment, shouldn't they keep the lights on until they get there? Maybe speed a little? I don't see that a lot with this.

As for the seatbelts. If an officer is going to give me a ticket for not wearing one, he damn sure better have one on himself. Most of the police I see do wear them but some don't. That would be like a police officer busting me with weed while he's sitting in the police car drilling 4 footers.
                            Not always..the black and white is pretty visible at intersections. It depends on traffic and the assignment. As far as cops and seatbelts..well, to be honest its one or two things..they may be in route to an emergency or its a simple case of "do as I say not as I do"..is that fair?..No...can you do anything about it..No.

Actually there is something you can do about it. Take the civil service exam, get through the academy..then deal with assholes every day..and eat donuts and chase people with your sealt belt off..small perks for laying your life on the line..

We're burrying one of our own tomorrow..he probaly liked donuts..he probably didn't wear his seat belt all the time. But he did get shot by a piece of shit and left his wife and kids behind.

I'm injured for life, and retired which does allow me to have the time to talk about it..and be a member..here.

So what were we talking about again..traffic tickets?

Kinda puts things in perspective..huh?
                            Last edited by horns666; 03-06-2008, 10:43 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by horns666 View Post
                              Not always..the black and white is pretty visible at intersections. It depends on traffic and the assignment. As far as cops and seatbelts..well, to be honest its one or two things..they may be in route to an emergency or its a simple case of "do as I say not as I do"..is that fair?..No...can you do anything about it..No.

Actually there is something you can do about it. Take the civil service exam, get through the academy..and deal with assholes every day..eat donuts and chase people with your selt bealt off..small perks for laying your life on the line..

We're burrying one of our own tomorrow..he probaly liked donuts..he probably didn't wear his seat belt all the time. But he did get shot by a piece of shit and left his wife and kids behind.

I'm injured for life and have the time to talk about it..here.

So what were we talking about again..traffic tickets?

Kinda puts things in perspective..yes?
                              Sure, it puts things in perspective.

Me take the civil service exam? I think there are a few things in my past that might make me a less than desireable candidate.

Canada has a problem with me too.

I do think if police are going to enforce the law, they should live by that law too. I don't think thats too unreasonable. Maybe it is, but like you said, there is nothing I can do about it.

I will think of it from now on as a perk of the job.

Comment

Cool, I think you get the picture Bengal.

oh..behave yourself..

Comment

Working...
                                X